DragonPips

Re: DRAGONPIPS

Hi guys... I meet very strange and quite scary condition on my Dragonpips demo account

It used to open only 4-6 lot... but suddenly it opens very big size... it opens twice 15.4 lot and hit the stop loss-it wipes out almost 60-70% of my account in those 2 losing trades. I experience it at 3 demo accounts: at Alpari(NZ), Forex.com and FX Clearing. The only survivor is at Tadawul demo.

But in real account that trades was not opened at mini lot, only at micro lot account that open the losing trade and hit SL. I still use v3 july 2009 and the older one - not yet trying QuickSilver's mods.

Do you guys experience the same thing? Is it because of bugs or anything else? However I really thank God that my real account not opening that trades - but quite scared that one day will if this happened becoz of bugs...

Thanks

-- Sorry - double the posting... Do you guys experience the same thing?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys... I meet very strange and quite scary condition on my Dragonpips demo account

It used to open only 4-6 lot... but suddenly it opens very big size... it opens twice 15.4 lot and hit the stop loss-it wipes out almost 60-70% of my account in those 2 losing trades. I experience it at 3 demo accounts: at Alpari(NZ), Forex.com and FX Clearing. The only survivor is at Tadawul demo.

But in real account that trades was not opened at mini lot, only at micro lot account that open the losing trade and hit SL. I still use v3 july 2009 and the older one - not yet trying QuickSilver's mods.

Do you guys experience the same thing? Is it because of bugs or anything else? However I really thank God that my real account not opening that trades - but quite scared that one day will if this happened becoz of bugs...

Thanks

-- Sorry - double the posting... Do you guys experience the same thing?

Scary indeed...didnt experience that..

I won 60 euro... then later on lost 30euro with the 2 buy trades... this is live btw..

all good so far :)

Here's the Dragonpips with fixed lotsize.

Please test this on demo FIRST!

http://[email protected]/file/135071470/5dfd1979/Dragon_ECN_STPFixedLots.html

I am backtesting the new version. Now, LotsOptimized function seems to have been completely disabled. If it has, is there a way to choose between "fixed lots" trading and "optimized lots" trading? Thank you very much for your hard work!

That's correct. It is fixed lotsize ONLY. If no-one else has done it in a day or so, I'll probably fix the lot calculations so both optimized and fixed lots work properly.

Anyone else have a good night on EURCHF? Looks like it broke the 1.5100 psych barrier. Some big moves up and down. Managed to catch them all the right way between my different EAs. A whole bunch of trades taken by DP, 0.25lotsize X 2 levels. $200 total :D

Ok. Boys...

New mod. New improvements & bugs fixed. Dragon Ultimate.

- New Money Management logic designed from scratch.

MoneyManagement = false allow use fixed lot size.

You can use Lot Size calculations based on 1-FreeMargin 2-Equity or 3-Balance

Automatic detection of "Digits used for Lot Size" based on account type.

- New option Aggressive : if do you use Aggressive = true, when the logic detect a high probability setup, it double the Lot Size on both MoneyManagement = true and on Fixed Lots too.

- New option MaxTrades_x_Bar : Max trades allowed in each bar.

8-)

h**p://slil.ru/28014445
psw: indo-investasi

Don't study roots while others pick up the fruits.

Reviewing my trades for last night, I've found some interesting differences between my two brokers (on live).

Although TheCollectiveFX has a tighter spread on EURCHF than GoMarkets, it did not close any positions at the takeprofit level. GoMarkets on the other hand closed just about all of them at the takeprofit level.

Furthermore, there was a spike at 21:10 GMT. During the spike the GoMarkets orders were filled at much better prices than TheCollectiveFX. A 10-15 pip difference!!

Basically, I think GoMarkets has better liquidity in adverse market conditions, and even normal market conditions. Anyone else on either GoMarkets or TheCollectiveFX care to comment on their experience over the last couple of days? (or over a longer period of time).

Ok. Boys...

New mod. New improvements & bugs fixed. Dragon Ultimate.

- New Money Management logic designed from scratch.

MoneyManagement = false allow use fixed lot size.

You can use Lot Size calculations based on 1-FreeMargin 2-Equity or 3-Balance

Automatic detection of "Digits used for Lot Size" based on account type.

- New option Aggressive : if do you use Aggressive = true, when the logic detect a high probability setup, it double the Lot Size on both MoneyManagement = true and on Fixed Lots too.

- New option MaxTrades_x_Bar : Max trades allowed in each bar.

8-)

h**p://slil.ru/28014445
psw: indo-investasi

thanks for your hard work so far... do you know if there is a variable we can change to make it trade on fridays ? I would like to do some back/forward testing with it..

Exactly.

if you use MaxTrades_x_Bar = 1

Quicksilver you have done a very nice work,at last some one have fixxed the buggs,i complained about this buggs at the beging of the thread,please can you post me settings for Jade (fxECN),you version is quiet complicated.But all the same i believe it will perform better to my v3

Quicksilver you have done a very nice work,at last some one have fixxed the buggs,i complained about this buggs at the beging of the thread,please can you post me settings for Jade (fxECN),you version is quiet complicated.But all the same i believe it will perform better to my v3

Default settings works fine, but some changes can provide better results, depending on that pairs and time range you use it.

However, just let me open the game. It's all about collaboration.

Mindsphere, Iceman777 and chankl78 (among others) can provide optimal settings based on their experiences with Dragon.

Don't study roots while others pick up the fruits.

For me,

The best time is still 18hrs to 23hrs.

50% Risk, max trades = 2.

Have loses.. but, overall, the profit is much more than losses. (in jade demo, jade live & forex com uk live)

More losses is due to manual trading...

Anyway, i am determine to run this DP alone for 1 month & look at the results at the end of oct. See how it can be improved.

My ultimate target is to trade 10hrs instead of 5 hrs per day.