You may hate me for telling you this

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: You may hate me for telling you this

I will have to diagreee with the statement that the holy grail of forex does not exist

the grail is a system developed BY you for YOU and mastered BY you, once you master a method/system then you have made your own 'holy grail' in forex.

you will never buy it or borrow it but its exists if you make it.

Hey people,

I have some basic advice, for anyone who is relatively new to forex.

Make sure that you forward test any EA that you plan on taking live.

Be sure to test it on a DEMO account first.

This is a common mistake many new traders make!

:-)

forward tests or backtests prove nothing for many EA's.

test it on a demo account is the only way to know. Most EA's do not give you control over the Risk you need to be profitable, they look to max out pips from overleveraged accounts to "look" good.

There are good EA's out there but not in the public hands

Ok, so here is my answer...

Coca Cola, Harley Davidson & Marlboro are selling "The Excitement" ;))

=D> very good .... very close .... not exactly but very close ;)

smart guy!

i hope we can get discussion back on track a bit from here.... anyone else wants to make a guess?

Well ,not every system is profitable and depending on your personality may not fit you. Many people jump in but later realize that a system is no good. We need something like a star system that would allow people to rate EAs or indicators. Also, one possibly profitable system is to link up all of us through ou MT4 and when someone shorts a pair everyone else does it at the same time, so the pair is going to tumble. Commercial EAs are relatively cheap, most below $200, but they can make you $1,000,000 ? Who is goiing to sell you that system for $100?

Hello, my fellow forum members,

here is my little story.

I, like probably many others here, have found this forum because i was looking for a specific EA which i wanted to test.

When i came here i was truly amazed about all the stuff which can be found here. Indicators, E-books, Expert Advisors.... well you name it.

Now think about the following products for a second ...

..... Harly Davidson

..... Marlboro

..... Coca Cola

What do you think is it they are really selling?

Think for a second before you answer.

Well I can give a shot, but thats probably not the answer you are looking for, but still :) They are selling many years of brainwashing, marketing and branding all in a very attractive package, that makes us think that they are what we need and what we want. :)>-

Regards

Im just curious...

some experts claim that they are able to make USD500-1000 daily, so that they can 'sit' at home working 'a few hours' daily enjoying 'financial freedom'...

well, they are charging USD3000 for a 3 day course in my country

if what they had claim is true i would have paid USD10000

so, has anyone had consistently USD500 or above daily?????

Im just curious...

some experts claim that they are able to make USD500-1000 daily

That income is easily obtainable with a little knowledge and a large account. What those experts need to mention is how many pips per day they make for traders like you and me to determine if the training they offer is beneficial.

It does appear to me that most courses 'can' make what they claim, but that there is still a great deal a of judgment and experience required to get there. Which leads me to wonder whether the course was really required at all. In the end it may just come down to commit to it, study hard, and start using what works for you.

well...at least the 'experts' have to show their transaction records over a period of time, say for 60 days of consistent profits to be credible...

Nowadays marketing seems to be the key of their success... :-/

I disagree. If you were such an expert, would you show your records ? And in fact, it would be useless. Teach the same strategy to 100 traders, they will get completely different results. Many experiences have shown that. Trading is a lonely activity.

My guess - they are trying to get repeat customers

kind of an overgeneralisation, guess you can apply that to every kind of business ... sorry, no (buzzer sound going off ;)

Well I can give a shot, but thats probably not the answer you are looking for, but still :) They are selling many years of brainwashing, marketing and branding all in a very attractive package, that makes us think that they are what we need and what we want. :)>-

Regards

you´re right ... i was not looking for that answer ... even if it has got to do with it.... lol

People really deviate a lot from the topic here and get totally philosophical.... but i guess that´s why it´s called "The Lounge".

Now as i said, dr0o69 was pretty close. good job. i cant give out a real prize but i hope this little smilie here will be appreciated: :-bd

Now here´s what i wanted to say:

What all these companies which i have quoted are selling is an experience ..... not a "hardware" product. Of course, Harely or Coca Cola sell a "hardware" - but what they really want to sell you is "software", that kind of warm and fuzzy feeling for your brain.

And yes, kavalius is also right when saying we are brainwashed - because we all react to certain type of marketing as we see it over and over again.

That´s why so many brokers and system sellers use the same kind of pictures and associations we see everywhere.

I hope this makes sense to you and you spend a minute thinking about it.

And it works.

And it works because many, when it comes to the subject of trading, think as consumers. We associate experiences we usually have in other areas in the same way with trading.

This is dangerous.

In everyday life, we learn certain habit patterns.

- being right is good

- being wrong is bad

- be productive

- work 9 to 5

- etc etc

now the next little task for you guys: can anyone here explain why this behavior you learned all your life doesnt work with trading?

why would it be even dangerous to apply consumer type of thinking?

Looking forward to all the numerous replies ... :)

Just looking at all this "system marketing" makes you think why do they market their systems if they can do so much money with it... And because someone has to lose you cant make everyone to win. Guess only some professional lucky ones can win great amounts on Forex. Others are just losing/winning moderate amounts...

I think the human mind makes you feel well every time you are thinking that riches are just around the corner. So even if a system does not work (even after spending lots of money for buying it, for tutoring, webinars, monthly room subscription etc) and you lose money in the process, after a while the next seller and marketing guy is just around the corner with more promises of a foolproof way to make easy money in the markets... And again the mind tricks you, the optimism makes you feel really well and the process repeats itself many times...

That is why logic must come above other emotions. Easier to say it than do it of course!

=D> very good .... very close .... not exactly but very close ;)

smart guy!

i hope we can get discussion back on track a bit from here.... anyone else wants to make a guess?

They're just selling a name, the brand...you'll buy a pair of nike shoes because they're from Nike not because the manufacturing is great or they look always the best...is the name that says buy me in your mind as we all know nike is good

test it on a demo account is the only way to know. Most EA's do not give you control over the Risk you need to be profitable, they look to max out pips from overleveraged accounts to "look" good.

There are good EA's out there but not in the public hands

Still, I had big price differences on demo and live accounts running on the same broker at the exact same time.

I agree with that, I'm not a good trader, better yet, I'm not even a trader yet. I'm here to learn, and share what I have found.

Even though you feel like you can't give anything back, try to give anything you can, even the smallest might help someone.

Great Post