Robominer

Cyrillic is correct. As one who lost a lot of $$,$$$ using the recommended equity I can attest that you need about double the equity than their puffed up "proof" says for at least 2 reasons.

1. They arbitrarily say prices before 2001 (i believe) don't count because in their mind they were futures prices. Well, haven't they ever heard of the "SPOT" market? As I understand it, the SPOT market is the equivalent of the FOREX market.

2. Now is not the time to be short the AUDNZD unless you are using an Islamic account. That little bit of swap that you are charged every single day adds up to a big number.

Once you double the required equity to play and take into account swap fees, the net return drops to 1% a month or less and you still run the risk of losing your account or at least being in a very large DD position for possibly years.

I should have taken a MD sl or a 50% equity SL any day to this Robominer disaster. But hindsight is always 20/20.

Edited by hitescape

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RoboMiner

Here are the new RoboMiner 3.05 and RoboMiner Pro 2.01 both uneducated but already in .mq4 version.

Can someone educate them and post a link to them, please?

RoboMiner 3.05 Uneducated:

http://www.multiupload.com/PPVG3QC31A

RoboMiner Pro 2.01 Uneducated:

http://www.multiupload.com/SNR2M70AP2

Knowledge is power.

RoboMiner

Here they are in original .ex4 version:

RoboMiner 3.05 Uneducated .ex4 version

http://www.multiupload.com/CHNP52NS6V

RoboMiner Pro 2.01 Uneducated .ex4 version

http://www.multiupload.com/GIHUMFO4D8

Edited by Phoenix48
Correction of code
Knowledge is power.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Robominer 3.08 & Robominer Pro 2.04

Guys new versions of Robo & Robo Pro have been out for a while. Could one of the talented coders please teach them a lesson.

http://www.4shared.com/file/HdVX45dz/Robominer.html

Contains originals + decompiled but I only have v224 decompiler so not sure how good.

Thank you in advance.

PyeR2

• 2 weeks later...
Robominer 3.08 & Robominer Pro 2.04 educated

http://www.4shared.com/file/7ouo_c7Q/RoboMiner_upg.html

plz download PyeR2's package for the manuals

Are these EA's only meant to take sell trades?

Because of the positive swap I would rather do the reverse, and would appreciate any help in doing so.

They do sell because you are in the above range...

I have used it on live account... loss a lot of money because of the price was/is going only up up up... ( even used less risk than they said ).

And the swap is another big problem... trades will stay open for many months, even years. swap costs will overcome your profit.

Do not use it, better spend the money on trying to trade forex or some other better robot lol.

I respectfully disagree with nick0016. If trading the latest version of the software and only 1 pair (audnzd) with a balance factor of 2000 or higher on a micro account with at least 2000, you will not have any problems with losing money. I have consistently been making money with this robot (along with my others) over the 50 days or so ive been running it so far. I agree that the swap build up is an issue, though, over time. However, that said, the market is always waxing and waning within its range and opening/closing trades.

I have used it on live account... loss a lot of money because of the price was/is going only up up up... ( even used less risk than they said ).

And the swap is another big problem... trades will stay open for many months, even years. swap costs will overcome your profit.

Do not use it, better spend the money on trying to trade forex or some other better robot lol.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well my question had to do with the label on the chart which appears to say that short trades are true and long trades are false. I want to know if there is any way of making both true or making only long trades true.

huu, without making this too complicated -- the expert advisor is designed to determine, on its own, without permitting you to intervene, as to the buy/sell direction of its trades based on its grid stategy. The entire range of the past 5 years (60 months) is looked back and divided by 2 -- the midpoint of that range and above trigger only long trades. The midpoint and below trigger only short trades. The label you are seeing is simply telling you that the robot's internal logic is only making short trades and is not making long trades. Once audnzd's price goes back above the midpoint I referenced earlier, the EA will automatically switch on its own to only longs and no shorts. Its part of the strategy, and should not be messed with.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

h

Well my question had to do with the label on the chart which appears to say that short trades are true and long trades are false. I want to know if there is any way of making both true or making only long trades true.

huu, without making this too complicated -- the expert advisor is designed to determine, on its own, without permitting you to intervene, as to the buy/sell direction of its trades based on its grid stategy. The entire range of the past 5 years (60 months) is looked back and divided by 2 -- the midpoint of that range and above trigger only long trades. The midpoint and below trigger only short trades. The label you are seeing is simply telling you that the robot's internal logic is only making short trades and is not making long trades. Once audnzd's price goes back above the midpoint I referenced earlier, the EA will automatically switch on its own to only longs and no shorts. Its part of the strategy, and should not be messed with.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Many thanks for your very clear and lucid explanation.

I respectfully disagree with nick0016. If trading the latest version of the software and only 1 pair (audnzd) with a balance factor of 2000 or higher on a micro account with at least 2000, you will not have any problems with losing money. I have consistently been making money with this robot (along with my others) over the 50 days or so ive been running it so far. I agree that the swap build up is an issue, though, over time. However, that said, the market is always waxing and waning within its range and opening/closing trades.

Wait until you use it more than a year... I had trades with swap costs over 50 USD while the take profit is only 1.xx.

I used even less risk than you. Of course it makes profit. but your floating loss will be higher than your profit.

But I do not force you stop using it. I just don't want you to loss your money just as I did with the robot...

Nick --

Thank you for your input. This is a good conversation and important to have. You are right, I haven't been using the robot for a long time. It is possible you have experience with the "swap issue" that I have yet to see. Were you trading just audnzd, or both eurchf and audnzd? What was your swap drawdown on just the audnzd pair like?

Alot of people got burned, both swap and regular drawdown, on eurchf because that wasn't a good longterm pair to trade with the robot, it turned out. So I am only concerned with how audnzd performed. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

Wait until you use it more than a year... I had trades with swap costs over 50 USD while the take profit is only 1.xx.

I used even less risk than you. Of course it makes profit. but your floating loss will be higher than your profit.

But I do not force you stop using it. I just don't want you to loss your money just as I did with the robot...

I traded EURCH for two months. I dropped it because the pair wasn't moving a lot. For the rest only AUDNZD for a long time, The draw down isn't a big problem if your balance is high enough. The swap costs are. The EA does not change profit target. After couple of months if the price traces back I had closed trades with the "standard" profits but with swaps as high as 50 USD which results in a profit of -48 USD per trade.

I would use a swap free account if you still want to use it. But still it needs to make a lot of profit before you will be out of your floating loss.

Results looks great as long you are not looking at your open trades lol...

Hi guys,

I am with nick0016 on this one. I traded this ea for about 6 months and I have promised myself, I will never again trade like this against the swap. It is the silent killer.You won't notice it at first, but wait for the first big drawdown.

Anyway, that said, here is a version the that you can play with, where I have changed the trade closure from a TakeProfit to a trailing stop, in the hope of catching a nice trend. I have removed some of the functionality like the FIFO stuff, as this just causes complications with the TS. You can also select whether to display comments on the screen or not(will still show during init, irrespective).....this is more important to try and speed up backtesting than anything else, cos backtesting this thing is like watching grass grow.

Anyway, I have not tested it extensively and am not vouching for whether it is more profitable or not, do with it what you will, and be careful out there..........

http://www.multiupload.com/SHIPY2A6HE

• 1 month later...