Forex Day Monster

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fx4_ever,

Thanks for the feedback. So you are only trading one pair GBP/USD for your live trading? Have you made any changes to your rules or you still follow what is there in the manual.

No, I haven't change any rules. This isn't the EA, so I can only trade when I catch the move while I am awake. I am in the US and I tried really hard (lol) to stay awake at least into opening of UK. If I miss it, I try to catch the signal in US session after the news. Overall, I get the at least 1 signal. If it hit my stop, I go in again at new signal and more than 90%+, I will least get BE or ended up with profit on those days. This is not a perfect system, but it catches momentum very well. With cc indicator that I use, entry is very good. I wish this can be made into an EA. That would be awesome! (just wishful thinking :))

Hi:

Yeah, it's still going strong and almost everyday, making pips :)

My PC can't handle too many of FDM templates, so I ended up only putting 1 pair (gbpusd) on the chart and the other pairs on separate PC for just scanning purpose. But, gbpusd alone makes consistant profit, so I am ok with it. FDM S/R indicator is pretty heavy on PC, but that is what helps me to exit my trade, so I am using it.

Nice to hear that you get profits with this system ;-)

I ended up with an margin call using FDM but that doesnßt mean that it doesn´t produce profit for you jtrader. Maybe you have an other Moneymanagement or Riskmanagemt that gives you profit. One problem with FDM for me was that i was away in the London and NEW York session ( School) so i couldn´t trade

I asked wanrayman if he is using it and he answered no because he change the settings and indicators so often till it wasn´t FDM anyomore xD

Now i trade with the James16 method on Daily and weekly charts i like the simplicity and confortable way to trade

Hope you guys can understand my English

If there are any mistakes in Grammar let me know it xD

Edited by john225

Thanks for the confirmation. I am going to start with EUR/USD and GBP/USD. Yes I can understand your london session issue. I was living in EST time zone and it was really bad to wake up at 3.00AM. Yup, cc indicator is good to keep in the correct side of the trend. I will be posting some charts to get some feedback from you and others.

Nice to hear that you get profits with this system ;-)

I ended up with an margin call using FDM but that doesnßt mean that it doesn´t produce profit for you jtrader. Maybe you have an other Moneymanagement or Riskmanagemt that gives you profit. One problem with FDM for me was that i was away in the London and NEW York session ( School) so i couldn´t trade

John,

Thanks for the feedback. As you have mentioned that MM and strict discipline can make big difference in trading any decent system. I think one of your issue was that you were not able to trade one of 2 big sessions. UK or US. You need lot of expertise to trade asian session that to on JPY pairs as most of the time volume is thin compared to other 2 sessions.

Good to hear that you have found other system that suits your time and schedule which is the key.

On the topic of speeding up and trying to load multiple charts simultaneously for FDM, I have found a strange solution on my computer.

Not sure why, at least on my computer, I found that if I had 3 charts showing FDM template on the same MT4, it will slow everything to glacial speed.

But when I have 3 duplicate MT4 platforms, and have each shows only 1 chart, (still total of 3 charts simultaneously), now the computer is no longer slow.

For example, I now have three duplicate MT4 opened on my computer, and on each I am showing 1 FDM chart. (So still a total of 3 FDM charts), but now the computer does not freeze like before. Strange. I only need to go to the Windows tool bar at the bottom, and click the corresponding icon for each MT4, like clicking on tabs, to see each of the chart.

In fact, I once tested with 2 charts on each of the 3 MT4 platform, with a total of 6 FDM charts opened, and still my computer did not freeze. And still on just one computer.

Not sure if this solution will work for other computers?

Edited by joeytrader