What is a ''good'' time to trade forex ?

Here we will be going to take a look what are the best months of the year and the best days of the week to trade forex. The foreign exchange market is open 24 hour for 5 and a half (Sunday) days a week around the whole year. But there are certain times when it is more attractive to trade.

Best Months to Trade

The worst months for trading are certainly the summer months of June (second half), July and especially August. Many institutional traders in Europe and North America are on vacation which results in less trading activity in general, drying up of trading volume and smaller swings in currency pairs.

If you trade during the summer months you will have to take into consideration that prices will be range-bound for a long time and get rather unpredictable. Starting in September – usually after Labor Day in the US – trading activity picks up again as traders return to their desks. Then the best three months of the year follow until volume dries up again in the second half of December as traders take extended Christmas holidays. From January until May it is also very good to trade as we usually witness good swings during these months.

Just be very cautious during the summer period and during the second half of December. What normally works in “normal” conditions might not work during these low volatility months.

XzauyJU.jpg

Best Days to Trade

While the Forex market already opens on Sunday evening Central European Time (Monday morning in New Zealand and Sydney) it is not recommended to start your trading week on Sunday already. Unless there was major news over the weekend there won’t be much going on as volumes and volatility are usually at an extreme low on Sunday evening.

Monday can also be very difficult to trade as many traders – especially in Europe – wait for economic news and macro data before they put up new positions. Trading ranges on Monday are usually smaller on average compared with the other days of the week. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are considered to be the best days of the week for forex trading. These three days are usually the days which get the most action. If you want to trade only three days a week and spend the rest of the week at the beach you should chose these three days.

The first half of Friday is also pretty decent for trading but please be aware that volumes dry up in the second half of the day as traders head for the weekend. Be also aware of the fact that on Friday trends which have persisted for the whole week can be reversed on Friday’s as traders close their positions to avoid the weekend risk. You should be especially cautious on the first Friday of each month as this is the day when the non-farm payroll report from the US is due. This data usually leads to erratic swings in all major currency pairs, especially in the dollar related pairs.

If there is a holiday in more than one major financial center such as Easter Monday or Christmas we usually also witness a drying up of volumes and sometimes erratic swings. Be especially careful on these major holidays as most of the big traders are off their desks. If you avoid these low volatility days you will usually diminish potential frustration and boost your performance.

• 2 weeks later...

because I chose the American trading session for me the right time to trade is when the market is opened at 19.00. if we have a good trading skills then we can make a profit from forex if we know when the market opens. try trade in RealTrade with $ 5 welcome bonus

• 5 months later...

All times are great if we know how to use them, but if we don’t have proper knowledge, experience or skills than no matter when we trade, it is going to lead into heavy losses. I personally prefer trading on Monday, as market is most stable then plus due to OctaFX been my brokerage company, I get low spread of just 0.2 pips, high flexible leverage up to 1.500, low stop out level of just 15% and many other wonderful stuff!

perhaps the best time to boost your pips gain are during news event, you may found many article said dont trade during news event, it's a discourage words comes from brokers company who cant 'handle' market price volatility during news event. while actually we can got more pips by price action strategies only, but first you have to ensure that your brokers trading condition able to handle such event, by long time research i've found my account with armada markets are best fit during news event trading activity. typically no spread improvement during news release, and the entry order are accept accordingly.

perhaps the best time to boost your pips gain are during news event, you may found many article said dont trade during news event, it's a discourage words comes from brokers company who cant 'handle' market price volatility during news event. while actually we can got more pips by price action strategies only, but first you have to ensure that your brokers trading condition able to handle such event, by long time research i've found my account with armada markets are best fit during news event trading activity. typically no spread improvement during news release, and the entry order are accept accordingly.

Its very important to intrepret the news or the way market is going to take that news, news have the very initial impact on the market and one can cash in that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you should be open your new trade in safe entry points. Because, Forex maker always try to make you fool by proving wring indication. So, making accurate market analysis is the best way to open new trade in right position. By the way, now I can make regular profit by trading. Because, I am following daily market analysis that given expert team of my regulated trading broker GCI Financial. Even, this trading broker also provides free Forex signal that helps me very much to find the important points of market. So, I know the right point for trading. But, I never open my trade without using stop loss and take profit

• 2 months later...

As a new Forex trader it’s really though job for me to find good entry points. Because, I am unable to predict the market condition. But, still I am making consistent money by live trading. Because, I follow the analysis and strategy that given by Fx certified expert traders of TradingBnks trading broker. On the other hand, I’m learning actual technique of good trading analysis from this effective trading analysis. Though, Forex market is open for 24 hours but good entry points are not available. Therefore, knowledgeable Forex traders can find them from their trading experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Traders fixed their trading time according to their trading capability. As a professional trader, I like to trade in news time, although it is very difficult to trade in that time. Because, I get all important and financial indicators that drive the market from my live economic calendar that I am getting from my trading place MxTrade. By using this data book, I am becoming a knowledgeable trade with fundamentally strong. So, it is very easy o trade in news time with profit. Therefore, I am also getting very competitive low spread from my trading platform mxtrade that is very helpful to trade at any times.

• 6 months later...

Timing does not matter much if we have skills and to be able to get the skills level right we need regular practice and luckily, I am able to do that very easily with support of FMbinary.com broker with their free demo account option. It is very rare in Binary Option industry to get free demo, but here I can easily get it which is seriously helpful and allows me to be working smoothly and get perfect idea of when to do trading and when to avoid.

Actually, traders select their trading time in order to their trading experience. even though, it is very much difficult to trade for all time, but, I am very lucky to select MXTrade as my trading platform where at all times I am able to trade due to only one pip narrowest trading spread. By means of this narrowest trading spread, I can make profit by using any kind of trading strategy.

• 2 weeks later...

As a professional trader, I like to trade during news in spite of too much difficulty. For predicting the real movement of this market during news, I at all times use live economic calendar that I am getting from my trading broker MXTrade. By using this financial datebook, I can gather all important information on the financial health of various economics which is very supportive to make profit with certainly during news.

As a professional trader, I like to trade during news in spite of too much difficulty. For predicting the real movement of this market during news, I at all times use live economic calendar that I am getting from my trading broker MXTrade. By using this financial datebook, I can gather all important information on the financial health of various economics which is very supportive to make profit with certainly during news.

• 1 year later...