cats

mary

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

You lot want funny pictures of cats and other animals, mainly of cats. Well put this link in your browser and you will have pages and pages of laughs there. People are always adding new photo all the time to this link.

http://icanhascheezburger.com/

This link my 13 year old daughter showed to me and to me has lots of laughs in it to cheer people up.

Katherine

Hi Guys

You lot want funny pictures of cats and other animals, mainly of cats. Well put this link in your browser and you will have pages and pages of laughs there. People are always adding new photo all the time to this link.

http://icanhascheezburger.com/

This link my 13 year old daughter showed to me and to me has lots of laughs in it to cheer people up.

Katherine

wow kat thanx :D

come on guys post kitty pics in this thread :wub:

OK... you asked for it!

This is PEANUT. She was the first of the baby kitties I tried to adopt and nurse back to health. She was born into a litter of 4 to a stray female under our deck on May 1st. She was the runt of the litter and just soooooo tiny and sweet and she loved to cuddle and snuggle. She made it to 16 weeks old, but she was just under 1 lb at that time. The vet said she had some type of digestive problems which wouldn't allow her to gain weight as she should.

Peanutsiblings119-1.jpg
Edited by Yippee

A short time after we lost Peanut, someone I know asked if I could take a 3 wk old baby kitten whose mother just died. I guess the other kitten in that litter died at birth. Well, poor baby was only 3 weeks old so I thought I'd give it a shot. When I went to get her, my first thought was that she wasn't quite "right". I named her PICASSO because of the way her face looked like one of his paintings. Actually we usually just called her "Ugly Baby" because she was pretty homely as you can see in the first picture. After we cared for her for a few days you can see how much better she looked in the second picture. She was also a sweet little baby, but she was only with us for a week. The vet said she had a heart murmur and congenital defects and the reason was probably that the mother had distemper and that is why she died as well as the other kitten in the litter.

Calico049-1-1.jpg

Calico048.jpg

Will be back later to post BABY KITTY #3....

Edited by Yippee

Baby Kitty story #3:

Well, after the above two incidents I said I wasn't going to try being a kitty nurse any longer as I apparently didn't know what I was doing (have only ever had dogs) and it just broke my heart to loose them. Anyways, I guess I got overruled on that notion, because one night in October around 8pm we went to let the dog outside and here on our doormat was a newborn baby kitten. She was brand new, eyes closed and cord still attached, and no mother cat anywhere in sight. It was 40 degrees outside and the poor thing was freezing cold, so I brought her in to warm her up and began trying to feed her. That wasn't working too well as she couldn't even suckle yet, so I went outside and hunted down the mother. I found her and brought her inside and put her and her baby in our old dog cage. Momma cat ignored baby for about the first 24 hours, but then began to care for her and nurse her. I decided I was going to keep them both inside until the baby got old enough to be weaned and then maybe I'd have a new little house kitty and the momma could go back outside. Well, momma took pretty good care of baby for about 10 days and then she started acting strange toward her and didn't care for her like she did. I held baby alot when momma quit paying attention to her and I tried to supplement her with kitten formula. Unfortunately it wasn't good enough, and she died on Halloween when she was just 16 days old. We really didn't give her a name, but everyone was calling her "Little Squeaker" because that's what she did ^_^

IMGP0769-1.jpg

IMGP0740-1.jpg

Next Kitty story will have a happy ending...... stay tuned!

Edited by Yippee

Here is POOFY, a beautiful long-haired calico that was born under our deck 2 weeks before Peanut (above). Yes, we had two female cats give birth this Spring under our deck and we had a total of 7 kittens -- ugggghhhh! Thankfully we found a home for two of the kittens in this litter with two VERY SPECIAL little girls ^_^ We delivered them - as a surprise - when the kittens were 12 weeks old, and they have had nothing but lovin' ever since.

Here she is at 12 weeks of age:

July2008088.jpg

Here she is all grown up now and getting lots of lovin' from "her girl":

October25th2008002.jpg

And finally you can see just how happy they both are now, this one is just too funny:

October25th2008028.jpg

Edited by Yippee

EMMETT is Poofy's brother, another long-haired kitten and quite shy. He is the one at the top of the picture, with Poofy in the middle and the momma at the bottom (yes, she is the same momma of "Little Squeaker" above, just a different litter:
Peanutsiblings046.jpg

Here, all three kittens in the litter are huddled up taking a little snoooooooze.
Peanutsiblings053.jpg

Here is EMMETT all grown up and outside in their yard with "his girl" and his sister Poofy:
036.jpg

And here is EMMETT again with "his girl" getting his share of the lovin':
050.jpg

Edited by Yippee

a sweet little child you have there too, i'm so glad you had a happy story...

i just about ran out of tears...

i think i'll change this thread to anything to do with kitty's

we now have 6 orange tabbys living under our apt house...

the mom..an older sibling and 4 babies... :o

Edited by mary