Forex: EUR/USD a tricky day below 1.2500

FXstreet.com (Barcelona) - EUR/USD is currently at 1.2490, bouncing from session lows at 1.2473, and below session highs near the open at 1.2513, about flat since previous weekly close last Friday, despite opening the week Monday hitting 2-week highs above 1.2670. The pair is slightly higher from previous open in Asia-Pacific yesterday by +0.21%. Local share markets trade mostly in the green, with Nikkei index higher by +0.68%.

London session ahead will be a busy one, not much for EUR macro data related, but for sovereign debt crisis worsening, and US data coming later on. In the European front, first will come French CPI at 05:30 GMT, followed by German final CPI half hour later, and EU industrial production at 09:00 GMT.

Major focus will be on the sovereign debt auctions side, following highest Spanish 10y yields yesterday since past Nov above 6.8%, today with Italy selling € 6.5B of 1 year bills, already showing the 10 year maturity above the 6% at the moment. Germany will place € 5 B in 10 year bunds, and inflation linked notes, at 06:00 GMT. The US will also auction 10 year bonds at 17:00 GMT.

Key risk event for the day will come in the form of US retail sales at 12:30 GMT.

Immediate support to the downside for EUR/USD shows at recent session lows 1.2473, followed by yesterday/past Wednesday/Friday's lows at 1.2442/35, and Jun 05 lows at 1.2405. For the upside, nearest term resistance comes at recent session highs 1.2515, followed by yesterday's highs 1.2530, and June 05 highs 1.2445.

• 4 years later...

EUR/USD is my favorite trading pair, I always make profit by using this popular Fx instrument! Even, today I made 60pips within two hour from EUR/USD! Actually, I opened a buy trade according to the live market analysis of TradingBanks! I see, their market analysis is very easy to understand and I get regular profits by following their market analysis!