It is wise to decide on the size of the trading lot and exposed risk in advance.

It is wise to decide on the size of the trading lot and exposed risk in advance.

Do a simple math: calculate the worst possible situation, e.g. 10 consecutive losses in a row; then see if your account will survive and if there be something left to move on. And, although 10 losses in a row is a very unlikely scenario, you cannot deny it...

• 2 years later...

Of course it’s wise decision to plan all this before starting to trade as there is no point to shout that I lost or worry after already into a trade, hence its very important that we have a plan and then we also follow it strictly otherwise we will just struggle and might not even survive.

I have all the plans perfect in place with good risk and money management also good while trading with OctaFX broker, I have found great balance thanks to their 50% bonus that I receive on the funds that I have invested and it’s for all investments so even if I invest more I will get again this outstanding bonus from them which helps so much.

• 1 month later...

Obviously it’s wise to decide the risk that one is going to take so we understand things better and also when we know that we won’t be losing more than this amount we are able to perform better. I am very lucky that I trade with Nova FX and with them I know it very well that I won’t be losing a penny in my first 3 trades since they have got superb Risk Free Trade option that guarantees me of full refund.