Lindenc0urt & Syn3rgy EA's

Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I posted here.

I have been working on two EA's. 1 based on Lind3nC0urt and 1 based on Syn3rgy 2.0.

They are both built to follow the strategy's as close as possible and both are showing some potential but I have ran into a brick wall mainly because both ea's tend to make a trade at an up/down wave exactly on the moment the price start a retrace thus hitting the stops.

I am fully willing to share both ea's but primarily I am looking for a few people willing to help me to get them refined. if anybody is interested please pm me and we can get cracking, we will share the ea's to everybody here.

Anyway here are the EA's

LindenC0urt

Lindenc0urt.rar

Synergy

synergy.rar

Just some info Backtetsing is vveeeerrryyy slow !!

Edited by forexi
adding EA's

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I have with the lindencourt ea is that fact your calling indicators that dont exist or you changed the names of them. I would highly recomend you at least list what indicators you need along with the names you used in your EA as they are not using the default lidencourt names. Until then I am afriad i am not going to guess at the names needed or I would happily test.

I've coded an indicator with buy/sell arrows for the LC system and gave up on the EA because of the extreme slow backtest.

Maybe some1 familiar with the system can have a look at the indi and tell me whether it's showing the correct signals and/or it's worth to be improved

The indicator is based on the MX System and only has the MA(84) as selectable FX component.

http://www.4shared.com/file/MkoyMwfL/LC_online.html

@ detrader

all the indicators I used is inside the .rar file under the indicators folder, maybe next time check before you write.

Yes I renamed them to make it easier to code.

Anyway the original LC-R***SI ****Histo***3.ex4 was renamed to just LC_RSI & LC-**FX-**Snipers-**T3-CCI_Alert was renamed to just LC_CCI

I did not modify the indy's

@ iwjw

I have tried your indy and it seems to be giving ok signals except it does the same as the ea a signal at the top of an up/down trend.

PS. My apologies to detrader i checked and the renamed indy's was not in there , uploaded again

Edited by forexi

Hi traders,

to make life a little bit easier, I made special versions of my indicator and Forexi's EA. The purpose was to fasten the backtest.

The new version is working "offline" regarding the signals....the EA can read the preproduced signals from a file.

So here is the howto:

1. Open a M15 chart of your choice and attach the indicator

2. Set the startdate of your desired testperiod (e.g. 2010.01.01)

3. You'll get a Datafile (.log) in the experts\files folder ....copy this file to tester\files

4. Forexi's EA got a setting "GetDataFromFile"...if set to true, the EA will read the signals from file

5. After the backtest you can open the chart and attach the indi...hopefully you'll see that signals and trades are matching

I've included a .set file with the settings i've used for some quick tests. e/u,g/u and u/chf are profitale since start of 2010...u/j is terrible

So there is some room left for playing with the settings...SL/TP/TS and money management. Should be ok in measures of time to use the Optimizer

Here it is: [email protected]/file/5OWcoNpV/LC_BT.html

One thing I've forgot to mention: Make sure that you delete existing logfiles in experts\files before attaching the indicator to a chart. I don't delete the file and you would get a mix of data

Edited by iwjw

Hi traders,

to make life a little bit easier, I made special versions of my indicator and Forexi's EA. The purpose was to fasten the backtest.

The new version is working "offline" regarding the signals....the EA can read the preproduced signals from a file.

So here is the howto:

1. Open a M15 chart of your choice and attach the indicator

2. Set the startdate of your desired testperiod (e.g. 2010.01.01)

3. You'll get a Datafile (.log) in the experts\files folder ....copy this file to tester\files

4. Forexi's EA got a setting "GetDataFromFile"...if set to true, the EA will read the signals from file

5. After the backtest you can open the chart and attach the indi...hopefully you'll see that signals and trades are matching

I've included a .set file with the settings i've used for some quick tests. e/u,g/u and u/chf are profitale since start of 2010...u/j is terrible

So there is some room left for playing with the settings...SL/TP/TS and money management. Should be ok in measures of time to use the Optimizer

Here it is: [email protected]/file/5OWcoNpV/LC_BT.html

One thing I've forgot to mention: Make sure that you delete existing logfiles in experts\files before attaching the indicator to a chart. I don't delete the file and you would get a mix of data

Thanks a Lot guys it seems we are getting somewhere here.

I will also post on the other thread to let them know what we are up to.

I can't believe what I'm seeing here....

Made another modification and extended san1111's indicator from the other thread with the ability to create a datafile

I'm so exited...only made e/u and g/u backtest for 2010 so far

This time I made the test with money management set to 5% on g/u

And now hold your breath: the test turned $10000 into $1723311 10K->1,7 million with max DD of 27.85% within 5 month

I've uploaded the whole package incl. san's modified indicator. There is a second .set file that I've used for g/u

The difference regards the setting is the name of the datafile: san's indi produces LCSignals2_Pairname.log

So if you're not going to use the new setfile (that you have to load with the load command 'cause the name of the EA didn't change) you have to change the filename in the EA settings.

http://www.4shared.com/file/QAas8eJk/LC_BT2.html

edit:you have to set CountBars in the indi settings to 10000 or so to get all of the 2010 data

Edited by iwjw

Sorry, but something isn't right here...just running a 2009 BT on g/u and I'm at about 6+ million in profit after 6 month.

It must have something to do with the way the indicator calculates the entries....Close[0] is fine for backtest (because the system already knows the close value of the candle even if it just opened) but doesn't work in real trading

edit: really disappointing...only 11 million profit with 2.73% drawdown

Help me out here, please

Edited by iwjw

halcyonn: take a look at post #8

We have a system (Lindenc0urt) and an EA that trades according to the rules

Our problem was that backtests are taking ages if you let the EA run as it would in real trading

So my idea was to preproduce the signals, write them into a file and let the EA run the file

The trades taken should be the same but much faster

Hope this help

I coded the original indicator. Could you explain why you are using a tester like you did? It seems it would better to just backtest like normal, instead of logging entries and then loading them into the EA. Also, there might be a problem with the tester approach, because the indicator is recording a buy/sell on the close, but you're usually getting the opening price as a fill in the EA (this would account for a very large discrepancy). Am I incorrect here?

For some reason it wasn't making any trades for me if I didn't use the tester (any idea why?). If I did, upon visually examining the trades, they don't seem to be consistent with the indicator completely. Try backtesting it with the visual option on, and when it's done, drag the Lindencourt indicator on the chart. For me, they were different (the indicator was making many more signals).

edit: Ah, I just saw that you thought backtesting was too slow. Hm. If anything, make SURE you're getting an accurate entry price. If anything, instead of entering at the ask/bid, enter at the worst possible fill for that bar (which is probably pretty accurate, since in trend systems, the close is usually in the direction of the trade). If it's STILL profitable, you have something great on your hands.

Edited by atto

hi atto,

sorry that I didn't realize that you coded the indi and not san1111...he was the one that added some functionality so I thought he coded it.

We are in a very early stage of development. As for now, the EA uses it's own definition of the LC System and has nothing to do with the indicators I'm using for backtest. So if you're running the EA in visual mode you will see different signals because (as for now) the EA uses it's own signals.

I'm using this tester simply to speed up the backtest. you have no chance to tweak some settings if you're running in real mode

One thing you can do is to apply your indicator to the chart after the backtest is done. The signals and the trades should match. If not, please post it here

yes iwjw i did.

i ahve i think placed the files properly though i am getting an eror in experts tab as posted above.i ahve the ea in experts fiolde was just now browsing through the inputs for the ea.

do we use the default settings?does the error of indicator as posted matter?

there are 2 .set files in the package.

The files have to be placed in the tester folder

If you want to run a BT with the 2nd indicator you have to open the EA properties page and load LindenC0urt ExpressBT2.ini

The current status of development is Backtest only!!!