How to protect your EA?

Hello,

i made an EA.

It looks great on forward Demo and Backtests.

Turned 200 to 500 in 4 Months.

I don´t have enough money to trade it real (200$) starting balance.

I found a guy that would let it run on his real account.

But for the first i dont want to share it with him.

Is there any possibility to protect my EA?

I would share it in the future but first i want a real live 200$ account where it runs you understand?

Do you know how i should get this money? I´m a student= not much money ;)

Hello,

i made an EA.

I would share it in the future but first i want a real live 200$ account where it runs you understand?

Hi Spike123,

Just sugestion for you, why don't you run on micro account like Liteforex or other broker that provide micro account.

With Liteforex micro account it trade base on cent, this mean if you have US$ 20 cash will convert to 2000 US cent.

By this 2000 US cent, you will get experience like normal account with 2000 US$, like start trade from 0,1 lot etc.

Only the different is spread, micro account usually at least 1 pip higher compare to normal account.

Again, just sugestion, please try backtest & fowardtest demo with micro account, if result good try run live with micro account.

Even now several micro account broker allow you to start trading with 1 US$, so in your case actually with only 2 US$ that equal with 200 Cent USD$, so you can try your EA by your own account :)

Cheers,

Benz

Hello,

i made an EA.

get his username+password and run it from your PC (or a VPS that you have access to).

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

spike123,

What you can use is a trade copier (links to some are kicking around the forum here).

A trade copier is two EA's which your friend with the live account will need to run.

Here's what you do:

1. You run your EA 24/7 on demo as normal.

2. The live trader will need to download the same demo system as you.

3. Give the live trader the investor's password to your demo system.

4. The live trader will need to install the EA which sends the trades from their demo.

5. They also install the EA which copies the trades into their live account.

All signals from your demo system will be immediately picked up and placed as live trades. It's messy but it works and the live trader only sees the signals from your EA.

Guest randy1963

There is no good protectiol

n for a fast running EA. The slower ones could get away with web server access similar to EA copier above but the time lapse is to great for these EAs.

There are company like code guard you may with to check out. They do a pretty good job however if someone really wants to crack your ea they will..

randy

There is no good protectiol

n for a fast running EA. The slower ones could get away with web server access similar to EA copier above but the time lapse is to great for these EAs.

There are company like code guard you may with to check out. They do a pretty good job however if someone really wants to crack your ea they will..

randy

Yes and no. For most EAs, I'd say a good 99%, one can identify parts that have to be run at given time intervals (worst case 1 minute, seeing that indicators are typically used with shift 1) and put only these parts in a script on a server. The drawback is that if you let the users backtest, it'll be slow as hell and it'll eat major bandwidth. Granted, this is probably not a good solution for the original poster given the necessity of a server. Same goes for protection companies, they'd charge more than the $200 that he lacks.

My advice is to put parts of the EA in a DLL, grab a demo copy of Oreans Themida and use it on the DLL. There's not an abundance of people who can work around that.

if you put a part of your ea in a dll i mean (lot size management and indicator setting, grid setting (if it was) etc and licence key logic and multiples consequences of false licence key)

maybe that will be safe, and hard to crack but i read somewhere that a dll is more easy to crack compare than an ea. is it true??

Can someone tell me what is the process to open a dll, is this a password or multiple password sequence, it is possible to change the process for opening a dll,

Changing a password setting like this with 3 or more password

123456 if you enter the first password correctly you can enter password number 2 like

123456dfdfd456456 if password number 2 is incorrect you have one minute to correct it, if you don`t succes you will have to wait to the next hour to retry with a new first password, because each password correlated will be automatically change every hour and this each day, (each day at the same hour, you will not have the same password) if you success to enter the first and second password, you will have only one chance when you enter the password number 3, if you fail, you will have to wait to the next hour, and restart at the stage of the password number 1.

it is possible to do something like that, but i will make 6 password to crack...for opening the dll

am not a programmer but my ea actually in programming will have a dll, i just want to be sure that is the safest way to go. i don`t know how the hex thing work at all.