Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

How are you making money?

I have been through the myriad of commercial EAs with bad RR ratios, the outright scams, taken many expensive classes that are supposed to me trading systems but turned out to be nothing more than chart reading, sooth saying, outright lies so on and so on.

I have convinced myself that any consistently profitable EA will not be offered for sale and also confirmed that most of the pay to play sites hosted by "gurus" are just as bad.

I can't say how many gigabytes of PDFs I have purchased and read read but still haven't found a reliable system.

I am looking for something that has a statistical edge, is based on a sound money management system, doesn't take weeks to materialize, doesn't require $50,000 to cover the draw down, and isn't an Asian scalper, London Breakout, grid, hedge or martingale.

There must be something that doesn't use 46 indicators (all saying something different), or depends on the phase of the moon, doesn't requires Gann angles or counting Elliot or Jane waves.

If some of the good traders (manual or EA) here be willing to share their knowledge, I am all ears.

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hitescape For This Useful Post:

Silver Member Array
    Thanks
    I trade a manual system that i develop on my own thru trial and error. And I do not know if I can explain how I really do it. It just works for me.
    My suggetion is to work at it till you get it on your own. I had many systems from others that i end up giving away to this forum, because I never felt confortable trading them. I still keep an open mind and I love this forum sharing spirit. I hope this helps.

Bronze Member Array
    Thanks
    Future is not with any indicators, sysytems and EAs LOL.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by siddeshsd View Post
    Future is not with any indicators, sysytems and EAs LOL.
    agree with you, but it helps us a lot, it helps
    this forum is wonderful, why do we think we are on track (almost taking the pips) suddenly appears a system that leaves us in doubt. Does such an indicator does not work better than mine?
    these are questions that I think most members of this forum to ask.
    at least I have asked myself that question.
    and it seems I'm finding answer ....

Gold Member Array
    Thanks
    I do not believe you can ask anyone what is the best system for them, you need to fine what fits best for you. Not everyone trades the same way nor will all enter/exit by the same rules. Do not buy anything, most of what you find out there is readily available in one form or another, and its basically all the same ideas in one form or another. If you fine something that you like, demo it for awhile, in both trending and range bound markets to see how it fits your style, and also if its any good. I can only suggest to stay away from indicators that repaints, some can trade with it while others cannot. Do not deal with systems that overly complicate things with tons of indicators, elliott waves, etc., trading does not have to be that complicated to may a go of it.

Silver Member Array
    Thanks
    I have tried some systems and EAs that have made money but most have not. Look at any thread on his forum and one of the first things you will notice is that they all start with a simple approach. Look a few pages later into the thread and see how many indicaors have een added.

The best thing I have found is to kee things fairly simple. This could be an EMA crossover say 5/20 periods or even just a 50 EMA looking for long opportunities above and short opportunities below. I also quite lke a Zigzag on 12/5/5 for scalping trades. However, if you have more than say three indicators on your chart that is probably too many.

The next stage is to use the strategy tester on MT4 to try out your "system" and develop your insight and trading skills. You will need a simulator which I cn provide if you don't have one. If you cannot make money on the strategy tester you will most certinly fail if you trade live.

Like an athlete you must train. Try, for example, trading on the simulator with no indicators at all and learn to really understand price action. The market will do what it will do. All you can do is to ride the ups and downs and bias your trades towards the dominant trend. If there is no trend, don't trade that pair or that timeframe.

Thanks

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    I've been trying several different EAs over the past few years. Some of them work for awhile, but all have ended up going into huge DD and wiping out my account.

Bronze Member Array
    Thanks
    any good recommendation of EA around? thx

Standard Member Array
    Thanks
    I trust manual trading compare to EA as we got brain n robot don't Cons, is we got emotions Hehehe

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast