TS 8.7 working with OwnData 2.7 on Win 7 64bit instructions

royalflush

I got the latest patched TS 8.7 to work on OwnData 2.7 on my Win7 64bit, they work like magic.

I believe this info should be shared, unlike others here who kept it a secret ( I don’t give a F#$%&@ whether the software collector or sellers use it, because in the end the experienced & full time traders could have an additional XXXX number of traders in the markets & according to the 80/20 rule we’ll have additional XXX number of “Market Feeders ” with their lovely stop-loses” so the universe has its way of rewarding those who share, I was a Market feeder when I was new to trading) .

“Idiot’s Guide”

1) Uninstall from the CONTROL PANNEL (not from the applications, because some leave behind files which screw up new installations especially older versions of TS & OwnData) the following: Multicharts, OwnData, TSSupport, TS, (That applies to any current & older versions)

2) Delete: Multicharts, OwnData, TS, (That applies to any current & older versions) by using your search tool, delete everything (except your downloads folder with those applications)

3) Run your “regedit” put your cursor on “Computer” click on “Edit” scroll down to “Find” and start finding each of the Multicharts, OwnData, TSSupport, TS at a time entry & deleting it (That applies to any current & older versions), u need to be experienced in using the registry, make sure u don’t delete any of your DOWNLOAD folders entries,

This stage is critical that u do it right, read every entry carefully, if u r inexperienced DON”T DO IT!!!

It could destroy your system if you delete any Windows files. (In particular I had a very long process of deleting TS 8.6 Build 2612, I believe the patch caused a viral spread in the registry) it took me many hours to complete this task.

4) Disable / close your Antivirus, Firewall, User Access Control, Log in as administrator & Install everything as administrator !!!

5) Install “Windows Virtual PC” from Microsoft site, make sure it is the right version for your machine CPU, follow their instructions & watch their videos, & most important run their Test Utility so u can configure the BIOS, the reason for preferring this over Vmware & VitualBox was: it is free, it has the best support for updates (I got 3 updates since installation) it is not a patched virulent torrent, it was purposely built with 100% compatibility, & most important it is simple to use. Configure it & allocate to it up to 75% RAM of what is available in multiples of 512 (TS is RAM hungry)

6) Create in the Virtual PC a folder & copy & put in all the applications you want to install

7) Install TS 8.7 & patch it (follow the exact instructions) in the Windows XP mode of the Virtual PC, don’t forget again log in as administrator, or “Run as” the “Current user”, but uncheck the box “Protect…” it is very important!!! (this applies to ALL the installations on Virtual PC)

8) Install OwnData 2.7 use the new patch!!! Do NOT use the old one with the Registry icon.

9) Go to TSSupport site & watch the following OwnData instructional videos, Importing data ASCII files, follow their instructions to the end, this will prime the .ini files to generate ASCII data. Than follow to watch your Data source video & follow every instruction to the letter (should u use the same symbol, don’t forget to delete the symbol u have generated in the first video, & create a new symbol in accordance to your data provide) it is very important, do not make a chart yet as per the

10) instructions in the second video & do not start TS yet,!!! Just populate it with the symbols u use.

11) Start TS, go to the start menu find OwnData folder, & in it find “Switch” & click on it, it should say that OwnData is turned on for your current version of TS… than u could go back to the second video & continue to make a chart, (on the bottom bar right hand corner u will see the OwnData Icon)

12) When u build your charts please allow time for TS Charts to initialize.

13) U can reactivate your Antivirus now

I am not a programmer, if u need any further help I will do my best to answer your questions, it works fine with IB data. If u read this & u find this useful please give credit so I know I didn’t waste my time writing this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I am trying to get Tradestation 8.7 and Owndata 2.7 to work in Windows 7 64-bit under XP Mode with the Free Real Time Data Feed from Forexite. I can get version 8.2 and Owndata 2.5 to work but not this version with the Free Real Time Data Feed from Forexite. Has anyone got this to work, and if so, could you please provide instructions? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Does this mean TS 8.7 and Owndata 2.7 combo only works under XP (or XP VM)? They don't work under Win7 x64 directly?

Since I can make 8.6 works with OD 2.7 under Win7 x64, but not TS 8.7.

OD 2.7 recognized TS 8.7 being installed but I could not download any data into it using IB data.

And besides 0.1 version higher than 8.6, what's the advantage using 8.7?

Edited by titto

Yes for the first question

How did you get 8.6 to work under 7, I could not do that at all? so yes the basic problem I had is to get IB to send data and it did not work.

8.6 and 8.7 are pretty much the same. There was a major change in 8.8 upgrade. If you need only Forex you can get 9.1 to work ( search on this forum for it)

I hope that helped

A

• 2 weeks later...