(read) WHAT IS A PERFECT INDICATOR?

A perfect forex indicator is an indicator that posses the following characteristics

DOES NOT REPAINT

DOES NOT DELAY OR LAG

DOES NOT REDRAW (e.g ARROWS)

DOES NOT REPASTE (e.g ARROWS)

DOES NOT APPEAR AND DISAPPEAR

DOES NOT APPEAR AT THE PREVIOUS BARS, SOME INDICATORS POINT AT 9-10 BAR BEHIND (eg forexsignal30.com old version) dont know about the new version

SHIFTING LOW AND TOPS, super-signal & zigzag does that

GIVES SIGNAL BEFORE OR ON THE TRIGGER BAR (nonlagging)

APPEARS AND STAY

APPEARS WHEN IT IS NEEDED

COLORS DO NOT CHANGE TILL A NEW TREND IS FORMED

if you agree with me please post your views

if you thing there is or there will be such indicator close to that also share what you know about it.

.....SELFISHNESS IS A DISEASE.....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: (read) WHAT IS A PERFECT INDICATOR?

A perfect forex indicator is an indicator that posses the following characteristics

DOES NOT REPAINT

DOES NOT DELAY OR LAG

DOES NOT APPEAR AT THE PREVIOUS BARS, SOME INDICATORS POINT AT 9-10 BAR BEHIND (eg forexsignal30.com old version) dont know about the new version

APPEARS AND STAY

if you thing there is or there will be such indicator close to that also share what you know about it.

Aha. And what is this rock indi? Price itself I would say :) It like no other indicates what you need to do, mate.

Like ISEA does in EA worls...

I think you searching The Holy Grail Indicator.....

99% indicator does repaint....but still can use in the real trading.....

What you expect??

Then you have to create a new age indicator then work for that.... 8-)

Just a little number indies that does not repaint....

- Some version of Fisher Transform

_ Some version of CG

- Maybe does SEFC new Indicator (SEFC New System)....

Thats All....

"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!".

DOES NOT REPAINT

DOES NOT DELAY OR LAG

APPEARS AND STAY

AND DO NOT EXIST :D

DOES NOT REPAINT

DOES NOT DELAY OR LAG

APPEARS AND STAY

AND DO NOT EXIST :D

i agree.

• 8 months later...

The best indicator is how to use it correctly with optimum parameter at the right time. Nothing wrong with indicator but human always do the mistake with wrong decision and repeating with same mistake. We always see the market in same way with same formula that the biggest mistake that traders always did and when they expect market will follow their direction.

++

nothing is imposible, 20 professional coders put together can make it

brother I really agree to some extent... reasons being there are no strong theories about the market that can shine like this... My best bet is A.I (Artificial Intelligence) but there are still so many algorithms undiscovered in A.I and I can bet you it will take a very longtime. Am currently researching on applying A.I in indicators but am not making a headway yet.

Edited by osaze
One obvious truth.FOREX IS ANYTHING BUT EASY

What is the perfect indicator?

Do you guys not get emails? I get perfect indicators and robots promoted to me every day. They always, I am assured, tell you exactly when to enter and when to exit and never once in a dillion squillion years will they ever losr you money. You only need to invest a couple of pounds (or dollars) and within a month or six weeks maximum you will be a multi millionnaire.

Surely, they wouldn't be telling me any fibs - would they? They must all be such wonderfully generous folk to offer these to me rather than keep them all to themselves.

Being serious, though, I am trying hard to develop such a "perfect" indicator but I do find myself pulled in many directions at once. It has to start with a reliable trading system. If such a beast exists then it is not beyond us to put it into a code. I have had experience of writing predictive programs in the field of advanced aerodynamics so hope to put this experience to some use in the field of Forex trading. On a more pessimistic view, however, I suspect that if such a feat can be achieved it would already have been done and I don't see any evidence of that so far. Perhaps we can settle for something that is better than what have haveat present.

i learned the following the hard way

about 2 years ago i managed to turn $20 into $1500 and loose it all in one night (i did this twice ... the second time from $100)

so:

1. Trading plan - only by surfing this forum you can find a lot of temptations ... i am building expert advisers and indicators for 3 years now and now i know Trading is not even close to a "walk in the park". Only when i learned the methods used before 1990 i started to really Trade and not gamble my way into making money. So i would start trading only when i have a solid trading plan (current situation, entry rules, exit rules, mm rules, short term targets, long term targets)

1. (It is not 2. :D it is as important as the previous 1.) Discipline (mm, sl and any other rule in the trading plan) is for most trade a concept they know and understand but never follow. It is one of my current beliefs ... after a few years of talking to so called "professional traders" that make the most basic errors like (adding to a position instead of taking a loss ... trying to call/guess tops and bottoms, risking more on so called high probability trades)

2. Trading Journal ... if you are not doing this ... then it means you trade just for fun and you will be doing all this for fun ... so if you are not making money do not be sorry .... u do not want to make money .... it is just a hobby. So when you will be logging your trading ... saving pictures for entry and exist or anything relevant for that trade ... when u will be looking back on your trades and try to refresh all the decisions u made ... then i think you will be closer to the pro trader ... until then ... have fun :)

so for me the perfect indicator would be MTBAAT (my true behavior as a trader):

PRO (with all the above and much more that are not related to this thread)

Amateur - trading with ea's and changing my rules every day while crying over spilled milk

Take care,

Loopyno

Edited by loopyno

perfect indicator ... is YOUR MONITOR ! - without it .. you will lose everything ;)

kwu ... dont use cell phone ! ...

[spoiler=stttttt... hey You .. YES you ... let tell me you A SECRET ... click here ... yeah ... click on this button ] II Vocabulary that you should know:

PLON=it mean someting that really bad ... REEEELY BAD like a BLOOD sucker stuff ...

CEMPLON= the PRODUCER OF SOMETHING THAT CLAIM GOOD but IT IS NOT ... and WASTED all YOUR MONEY!

---- make sure Oxford or Cambridge knows it ...--- K =D>