(REQ): MT4 data for Tradestation/Multicharts

LiukK

Hi all you guys! :)

It think it would be useful to convert historical MT4 data (that are free and we can find virtually every instrument) in a format readable by Tradestation/Multicharts so that we can do all our "backtesting work" without the need to purchase expensive data from third party.

Anybody have experiance on that?

Thank you for any advice! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, is possible but importing historical data from MT4. First go to MT4 > Tools > Enable DDE check box. Next go to Owndata or Quotemanager; press Datasources on toolbar and set in Universal DDE (video in Multicharts web site), next, press mousse right button, select "fields to collect" and check all box, next select "connect". You will be able to see as the data enter in Owndata.

Next, in MT4 export historical data (1 minute) to your folder > in Owndata import ASCII data (right button/ Import data > ASCII).

Next open the chart, where you can see Real time data with historical data.

Also is possible plot from ASCII file directly and connect Real time (Explanation in Multicharts web site Video sections).

Yes, is possible but importing historical data from MT4. First go to MT4 > Tools > Enable DDE check box. Next go to Owndata or Quotemanager; press Datasources on toolbar and set in Universal DDE (video in Multicharts web site), next, press mousse right button, select "fields to collect" and check all box, next select "connect". You will be able to see as the data enter in Owndata.

Next, in MT4 export historical data (1 minute) to your folder > in Owndata import ASCII data (right button/ Import data > ASCII).

Next open the chart, where you can see Real time data with historical data.

Also is possible plot from ASCII file directly and connect Real time (Explanation in Multicharts web site Video sections).

Thanks FX_SuperTrade,

but I have a problem: I get an error when I do the "TEST" > Universal DDE > Data Sources

seems not to receive the data that come from MT4

Edited by intraforex

Hi, intraforex.

The correct settings is this:

Trade Price = MT4|BID!'*'

Bid Price= MT4|BID!'*'

Ask Price= MT4|ASK!'*'

In Trade Price set BID or ASK.

I don´t know how introduce a Volume data. For Volume data (and price) I work with Globalserver (MT4 > Globalserver > Owndata).

Hi FX_SuperTrader,

there are still problems after the changes that you suggested does not work.

The quote manager version is 2.5, perhaps it is old ?

Thanks

What version of Tradestation do you have?

The TS 8.6 or 8.7 work fine with Owndata 2.7. The OD 2.5 work with TS 8.2. If you has TS 8.7 and OD 2.7 try this: Uninstall Owndata and Multicharts and Multicharts DT, and next re-install Owndata but no Multicharts. If not work TS 8.7 with OD 2.7, the problem is other, I don´t know.

I have OwnData 2.5 with TS 8.2 :works well with Forexite.

intraforex; if TS 8.2 with OD 2.5 works well with Forexite (Forexite > Globalserver > Owndata 2.5 > TS 8.2), then you should not have problems to work with MT4 (MT4 and Globalserver they can work at the same time).

For example in OD 2.5 go to toolbar: Instrument > Add symbol > From datasources > Globalserver, and set EURUSD. Next again: Instrument > Add symbol > Manually and set EURUSD, select Universal DDE (or clone Universal DDE and change the name for MT4).

Is very important than the name of the template of Universal DDE change to MT4. (Try clone and rename for MT4).

Next when plot in TS 8.2 write: MT4: EURUSD ( in the case of Globalserver: GS: EURUSD).

If you find like to introduce the volume from MT4 inform me. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

If you find like to introduce the volume from MT4 inform me. Thanks

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software/index.php/Universal_DDE

According to this link the answer is: "Indicate the DDE Links in the corresponding sections (the sections include Trade, Bid and Ask. The Price and Volume/Size must be indicated in each section; if Volume/Size cannot be used (e.g for Forex), indicate Price instead. Since for every price the program queries for a volume, this field will never be empty as the program will be waiting for volume data to form a new tick."

So that means adding the Bid Price= MT4|BID!'*' or Ask Price= MT4|ASK!'*' tag in the volume box, at least in the case of forex. I am not sure about stocks.

Edited by moomic999

Since MT5 seems to be the only platform which has Eurex data yet, there is a free way to export DDE data? MT5 doesn't have dde server as opposed to MT$

See this 3rd party solution.

http://en.mtiqs.com/function.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPWyvHLAsSY

Its not cheap but perhaps you can find it some please. If you get it working let me know

That's why was searching for a cheap solution :p

Yes good idea. Well in the past it had been posted in this forum or at least requested. I am sure someone has multi quotes server and can re post again for you.

Someone requested in this thread too http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/12547-(REQ)-MultiQuote-Server?highlight=mtiqs

If you search for mtiqs you will find references all over the forum but unfortunately no live download links