NT+ IB traders!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT+ IB traders!!!

Looking for feedback on traders using NT and IB as your forex broker.

Thanks.

IB is not bad. Although now with MF Global going down I'm pretty worried about brokers based in the US and UK.

Comment

IB is excellent. I've been using them now for years with no complaints. They have the best commissions, the best execution I have seen around, and if you trade high enough volume, excellent support. Let me know if anyone has any specific questions, I can try to help.

Comment

Thanks statip,
        What time frame do you trade? I ask because I hear that IB data feed is horrid at least for intraday traders and I'm looking about adding a third party feed like Kinetick for NT users.

Comment

Hello gang
          I'm using I.B for about 4-5 years and trading forex .I trade 1,5,15 min and don't complain about anything.I'm using ninjatrader 6.5.
          Using the Dom BRACKET TRADER.so far i can give them 8.5,the only problem is ,very bad technical support,and the platform is not easy to learn.
          Good trading
          Egaal

Comment

I can't comment on using NT to trade sice i was using the demo only with IB, but I use IB TWS for scalping stocks and it's pretty fast.

Forex with TWS is another matter though. Trying to create complex order types is daunting and time consuming for me and I don't like the idea of them closing down 15-45 minutes everyday (depending on if it's an IdealPro or Fxconv order) during swaps. I've had a lot happen during those times where i couldn't get out of positions in time.

Originally posted by ninjatrader View Post
            Looking for feedback on traders using NT and IB as your forex broker.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by egaalh View Post
              Hello gang
              I'm using I.B for about 4-5 years and trading forex .I trade 1,5,15 min and don't complain about anything.I'm using ninjatrader 6.5.
              Using the Dom BRACKET TRADER.so far i can give them 8.5,the only problem is ,very bad technical support,and the platform is not easy to learn.
              Good trading
              Egaal
              A technical support for what? TWS or BT? Never requested either. IB is for those who really don't need much support. If you are not one of those people, you probably need to look somewhere else. There are plenty of smaller brokers, mom and pop shops, that can be more suitable for technically challenged people. IB is a very good broker, they offer competitive commissions and if you use BT then you really don't need to rely on TWS that much.

Comment

Good broker, not using it for Forex, though.

Comment

Good points, Joe. Right on the money. If you are a dummie, this may not be a broker for you. No offence.

Comment

Does IB charge for cancelling or changing orders? Do they have miscellaneous charges other than commissions?

Comment

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    Working...
                    X