New Forum Owner & Future Plans

• Administrator

Hello, dear members of the Indo Investasi community,

I am Mister D, and I recently acquired this forum.

While I was impressed by the quality of the information and the expertise of the people here, I also saw that IndoInvestasi needs an upgrade to continue to thrive in 2024.

I have no longer traded the Forex market for over a decade, yet I still have experience in the financial markets and administrating online businesses. I don't want to hide the fact that I have also run a financial forum for over 14 years, so I know a thing or two 🙂

My plan for the community is the following:

1. Fix the technical issues with the forum software. [DONE]
  2. Restructure the categories here because some are no longer, while others are buried, and users find the information difficult. [DONE]
  3. Fix the issues with members logging in and recovering their accounts [Pending][2 weeks]
  4. Reengage the old members to be active again. [Will be done in 2 weeks]
  5. Bring new people
  6. Monetize the community better. I already removed the ads network. I think you can notice the forum is faster now 🙂

As a community, your input is highly valuable, so please tell me your ideas for Indo-Investasi. Or say Hello. That's fine.

Yours,

MisterD

"He's nervous, but on the surface, he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin'"

Hello,

excellent presentation. In my view, as you have surely noticed, this Forum has a unique feature, because here we can find and exchange material related to trading, without the limitations found in other Forums. This is the most important feature that we all hope will remain.

P.S. Several people have asked if it would be possible to find someone experienced in "educating" some programs; it would also be helpful to find someone experienced in programming with MQL, Easylanguage, etc.....

Thank you, @Minion. Appreciate it!

What do you think the forum needs to thrive again?

Well, I am not a member that posts/contributes a lot.

I only posted some trading programs "made portable" until 4 or 5 years ago, when I had the chance to create them in a Windows XP virtual machine.

Let other more qualified guys give you some tips (I see that Azazel​ has posted his ones)

• Administrator
Azazel said:
Hello,

excellent presentation. In my view, as you have surely noticed, this Forum has a unique feature, because here we can find and exchange material related to trading, without the limitations found in other Forums. This is the most important feature that we all hope will remain.

P.S. Several people have asked if it would be possible to find someone experienced in "educating" some programs; it would also be helpful to find someone experienced in programming with MQL, Easylanguage, etc.....

Hello @Azazel,

Thank you for stopping by and telling me your opinion.

1. Yes, I intend to preserve and even encourage the exchange of information and other trading material as long as it will not get me or the community in trouble.

2. Can you give me more details about finding someone experienced in educating programs? Do you mean like a mentor or someone who can teach people how to trade, or did I get it completely wrong?

3. Programming in MQL, etc. I have to admit it is not an easy task, but I will try my best to find people that does this.

Again, thank you for the feedback and tips.

• Administrator

Well, I am not a member that posts/contributes a lot.

I only posted some trading programs "made portable" until 4 or 5 years ago, when I had the chance to create them in a Windows XP virtual machine.

Let other more qualified guys give you some tips (I see that Azazel​ has posted his ones)

Every feedback counts as, for me, the community's voice is really important.

MisterD said:

1. Yes, I intend to preserve and even encourage the exchange of information and other trading material as long as it will not get me or the community in trouble.

CONGRATS!

I like this community and forum but be careful. The history of group buys and sharing copyrighted material is its most unique characteristic compared to other trading forums. The fact that there is a "Black List" discussion thread tells you much about the legality of these buys and sharing.

I know a previous owner (not the last one) got into significant trouble over this. Not sure if you knew all this, hopefully you did before you purchased it.

• Administrator

CONGRATS!

I like this community and forum but be careful. The history of group buys and sharing copyrighted material is its most unique characteristic compared to other trading forums. The fact that there is a "Black List" discussion thread tells you much about the legality of these buys and sharing.

I know a previous owner (not the last one) got into significant trouble over this. Not sure if you knew all this, hopefully you did before you purchased it.

Thank you, @jeffburt for the heads-up.

Well, I don't want to get into trouble, put the community members in unpleasant situations, or even worse.

That's why I think of a solution that will keep us safe.

I will keep you all posted!

Hi Mister D,

regarding the experts in programs "to educate," I was referring to the experts who make software....portable. Of course it would be nice to have someone who successfully trades and makes his advice and signals available, as is the case in other forums, but the presence of any professionals, would jeopardize the exchange of materials dedicated to trading.

This is the case, for example, in a large American Forum, where there are numerous professionals, such as Kevin Davey who won the World Trading Championship in 2006, and in both 2005 and 2007 came in second place, ABCTG and others are also professionals, however, in exchange for their free cooperation in the Forum, they also promote their services for a fee.

As for a person experienced in programming in MQL, for example, there are 2 experts (one of them operates in 2 Forum frequented), who solve the requests of Forum participants, however, of course these are paid services, which enjoy some success as they often needs to stand in line for requests.

It might be useful to study what topics and services are successful in other Forums and try if possible, to adopt the idea in this Forum as well.

• MrAdmin changed the title to New Forum Owner & Future Plans
  • Administrator

Updated the plan:

1. Fix the technical issues with the forum software. [DONE]
  2. Restructure the categories here because some are no longer, while others are buried, and users find the information difficult. [DONE]
  3. Fix the issues with members logging in and recovering their accounts [Pending][2 weeks]
  4. Reengage the old members to be active again. [Will be done in 2 weeks]
  5. Bring new people
  6. Monetize the community better. I already removed the ads network. I think you can notice the forum is faster now

• 2 weeks later...