SMB – Amy Meissner – The Time Zone Options System

You should make yourself familiar (by Youtube or even IB videos) with the different TWS labs, i.e. Strategy Lab, Volatility Lab, Probability Lab ... To get knowledge of TWS and its possibilites is not just looking at videos and consuming those, but seriously study them. Same applies to Amy`s systems, carefull watch the little remarks and small print.For example she doesn`t discuss volatility requirements or boundries. But she mentions premia amounts --- which reflect volatility.

Other authors use the easy problem solving solution of rolling positions to hide the loss. Amy never does.

You should make yourself familiar (by Youtube or even IB videos) with the different TWS labs, i.e. Strategy Lab, Volatility Lab, Probability Lab ... To get knowledge of TWS and its possibilites is not just looking at videos and consuming those, but seriously study them. Same applies to Amy`s systems, carefull watch the little remarks and small print.For example she doesn`t discuss volatility requirements or boundries. But she mentions premia amounts --- which reflect volatility.

Other authors use the easy problem solving solution of rolling positions to hide the loss. Amy never does.

Thanks for your suggestions. Actually I want a simple after trade adjustment and analysis feature like TOS. I asked IBKR support people to help regarding this. They said that they don't have that feature in TWS. I searched Youtube and net for this but don't get any.

Thanks but I don't find any option for adding or subtracting to the existing position to analyse in the performance graph !!

The only good program is option net explorer as it keeps track of accurate profit and loss. All of these others mentioned you will have to keep track of P&L manually and it can become quite complicated. It's also great for backtesting these more complex option strategies. To me there is no substitute.

kind question since we are speaking always of Amy Meissner. Do someone have the The 14-Day AIC or the The Nested Iron Condor courses please?

The 14-Day-AIC had only slightly higher profits but more volatility of results and much more work.

The NIC is lovely, needs no analysis but unfortunately margin required is > 45K !

As the call side is the more problematic, you might as well trade ONLY the put side, just don`t forget: Amy never rolls to a farer expiration, just (the puts) down with doubling up. You will find the rules on the internet ot just use the Parking trade rule set (long term) by Tim Pierson.

Edited by indo37

The only good program is option net explorer as it keeps track of accurate profit and loss. All of these others mentioned you will have to keep track of P&L manually and it can become quite complicated. It's also great for backtesting these more complex option strategies. To me there is no substitute.

Yes its a nice program, but during major volatility crashes it got completely off the track! This ONE and the competitor OPTIONVUE are convenience products, favoured by option gurus (who get a good part of your fees). If you require deep analysis aside from brokers software look for the excel plugin by Peter Hoadley.

Yes its a nice program, but during major volatility crashes it got completely off the track! This ONE and the competitor OPTIONVUE are convenience products, favoured by option gurus (who get a good part of your fees). If you require deep analysis aside from brokers software look for the excel plugin by Peter Hoadley.

That's a very good suggestion indo37. Can you please tell me how to feed data into it ?

Can my broker data will do the job ?

That's a very good suggestion indo37. Can you please tell me how to feed data into it ?

Can my broker data will do the job ?

Well, the -to pay for- advanced analysis add-in of the hoadley tool ( ca. 135 USD) will use excel to download data or use the broker api (IB).

On the seller`s site are details and variations explained.

Well, the -to pay for- advanced analysis add-in of the hoadley tool ( ca. 135 USD) will use excel to download data or use the broker api (IB).

On the seller`s site are details and variations explained.

Currently I downloded the trial version. I researched the features of it and it looks very promising to me. Sad part is that I am not able to connect the TWS or IB gateway to it. I followed the tutorial in which they connected it to Esignal, but all in vain. I emailed them for support and now waiting for their reply.

• 10 months later...