Market Analyst 8 (Optuma 1)

kesk

Here is a working link and the program works. Follow the instructions in the readme1st file. Includes VFA tool (emulator)

https://www40.zippyshare.com/v/2ASecGiF/file.html

I already followed the steps in readme1st file but when I open the MA8's shortcut after run VFA tool (emulator) then it wouldn't open up. Any idea how to fix this issue?

Btw what's your Windows's version? I use Windows 10 on 64bit.

Edited by pije76

I already followed the steps in readme1st file but when I open the MA8's shortcut after run VFA tool (emulator) then it wouldn't open up. Any idea how to fix this issue?

Btw what's your Windows's version? I use Windows 10 on 64bit.

The VFA tool require port80 to be open for itself. If you running a webserver, IIS, skype or any other software which uses port80, then this wont work. You have to take care of this and then only you can work.

Sorry, I tried on Metastock data and it worked. Realtime data and vendors, i dont know. I got this link from TSRH forum, so posted 'as it is'.

Hi Kesk, first of all, thank you very much for sharing! appreciate it!

I was able to install and launch it successfully. Interestingly the default installation downloaded historic data from 10+ exchanges up to 1 April 2021. However I had error message saying no permission when I tried to update price.

Would you mind share what do you use to download reliable Metastock EOD data? MLDownloader is not working anymore.

Btw, there are some free training on https://learn.optuma.com/ and on youtube their channel.

Sapperinind:

I am from India, so using GetBhavcopy to download EOD data from NSEINDIA and then convert it to Metastock format. If your exchange is different, then you are on your own. You can use Yahoo or Quandl to download EOD data, explore.

yorkfung:

See above posts, where users have said its working well. So you are doing something different.

Most of all, I am not running a support group for this software, LOL ! The software is provided 'as it is'. Go through the original software site, the TSRH forum and most of all, work hard to get it working on your own. If it still doesn't work, tough luck -:)

Sapperinind:

I am from India, so using GetBhavcopy to download EOD data from NSEINDIA and then convert it to Metastock format. If your exchange is different, then you are on your own. You can use Yahoo or Quandl to download EOD data, explore.

yorkfung:

See above posts, where users have said its working well. So you are doing something different.

Most of all, I am not running a support group for this software, LOL ! The software is provided 'as it is'. Go through the original software site, the TSRH forum and most of all, work hard to get it working on your own. If it still doesn't work, tough luck -:)

Understood Kesk! at least I am making progress in terms of making the software working...I have a few ideas I will try them out over the weekend and share if I have the luck. :)

a caval donato non si guarda in bocca...is a typical Italian slang that translated would be "if they give you a horse do not look at how it is done" but here more than a horse we have a donkey ...... I can't understand if this is the GANN release, but if I had bought software for $ 2495, I would have died of nervousness

anyway thaks for the upload

a caval donato non si guarda in bocca...is a typical Italian slang that translated would be "if they give you a horse do not look at how it is done" but here more than a horse we have a donkey ...... I can't understand if this is the GANN release, but if I had bought software for $ 2495, I would have died of nervousness

anyway thaks for the upload

Exactly my thoughts, thats why i am not interested in the software. Nothing astro or gann which is great in this. However, there are some tools which are not seen in other TA which might interest others. Overall, a let-down feeling.

They use Pascal for the programming language, that was my 1st programming language and that was eons ago ... If you have the time it could be worth it but it is like learning the trading view language, they look good but you are limiting yourself to a very specific product.

The VFA tool require port80 to be open for itself. If you running a webserver, IIS, skype or any other software which uses port80, then this wont work. You have to take care of this and then only you can work.

Thank you for your information, I already closed and uninstall software that use port 80 but it still not open the MA8. I think it's happen cause my computer is 64 bit version.

pije76

Today, most of the computers are 64 bit only! Even mine is Win10 64 bit. So that's not the issue.

Regarding port 80, its not only IIS, web servers, skype that uses port 80. There are many other software that uses port 80 and you might have to manually identify and shut them down.

If its possible, create a VM where there are no extra software, just bare-bones Win10 without IIS and try. Other than that, no other clue comes to my mind.

Thank you for your information, I already closed and uninstall software that use port 80 but it still not open the MA8. I think it's happen cause my computer is 64 bit version.

I use it on 64 bit with no problem.

Follow these steps to check if port 80 occupied:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Vault-Install/files/GUID-1285D1B1-B74D-4DD0-8C8E-F1F64F8B744D-htm.html