vertex investing

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Mohanpan Trust your intuition.

Vertex uses some of "ICT's concepts" indeed, but there are certain nuances in how they look at Market Structure and POIs that make it much more simpler, yet effective.

If you truly put in the work and understand Market Structure, you will be more successful than most of those SMC traders who just jump from course to course.

Make sure you really master the Top Down Analysis (part of Market Structure) using the ranges system (basically marking the High and Low after BOS on each TF and see how each one correlates) and you will pretty much have a solid foundation for any strategy you decide to learn from now on, even Support and Resistance (Malaysian traders are really making a good job on this one).

A more advanced way to use Market Structure, let's say, go to the 30 minutes timeframes and zoom out your chart as much as you can, this will let you see all the price action going on all timeframes without having to switch between TFs.

But you will have to train your eyes on how price moves based on time and distance, so that you can filter out bad OBs ("Inducements", as people have come to call it).

This guy's videos are really good, just in case you want to partake in this way of trading: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzz...UfMMkTg/videos

And if you want to trade like ICT, I would advise you to look at someone like DavinciFX or Chart Engineers instead, they go straight to the point and teach you only what you need to know.

There is also an interesting PDF circling around in telegram from WADE_FX_SETUPS, a very good read.

Either way, your best mentor will be the backtesting tool. If you're willing to put in the work and silence the outside noise (trust only your experience, everyone looks at things differently), I'm sure you can make it.

Edited by Darkz0r

@Darkz0r : thanks for the detailed response. It was as if you were reading the confusion in my mind🙂...

My issue is if the market ( I trade nifty) is ranging on LTF in an uptrending HTF market ( say H1/ M5) then as long as the market is making an ascending rectangular pattern, my entries using ICT concept are golden and give the 1:10 RR as these gurus claim on Insta. I concede that they work absolutely in ascending range in a clear HTF uptrend. ( Or vice versa in HTF downtrend). Hell I don't even have to wait for a valid BOS or OB touch on LTF and many times take entries at 50% equilibrium on 10 point stop loss and am correct 90% of the time...

But if the market move in a descending rectangular range on LTF in even a clear ascending HTF market then these ICT concepts don't work at all.. No HTF liquidity raids + LTF BOS backed OB entries work...

I'm trying to understand what am I missing in the concept as it seems to work as advertised until it doesn't.. Any guidance to refine entries under the market conditions described above will be helpful.

Also is there any free manual backtesting tool which you can recommend as I don't have bar replay in free trading view app?

Thanks in advance...

Just to summarise : How to trade a LTF descending rectangular range or a triangular increasing range ( even more difficult) in a HTF clear uptrend ( or vice versa ) using ICT concepts. Any help will be highly appreciated as I'm at my wits end and absolutely frustrated😔

Edited by Mohanpan

@Darkz0r : thanks for the detailed response. It was as if you were reading the confusion in my mind🙂...

My issue is if the market ( I trade nifty) is ranging on LTF in an uptrending HTF market ( say H1/ M5) then as long as the market is making an ascending rectangular pattern, my entries using ICT concept are golden and give the 1:10 RR as these gurus claim on Insta. I concede that they work absolutely in ascending range in a clear HTF uptrend. ( Or vice versa in HTF downtrend). Hell I don't even have to wait for a valid BOS or OB touch on LTF and many times take entries at 50% equilibrium on 10 point stop loss and am correct 90% of the time...

But if the market move in a descending rectangular range on LTF in even a clear ascending HTF market then these ICT concepts don't work at all.. No HTF liquidity raids + LTF BOS backed OB entries work...

I'm trying to understand what am I missing in the concept as it seems to work as advertised until it doesn't.. Any guidance to refine entries under the market conditions described above will be helpful.

Also is there any free manual backtesting tool which you can recommend as I don't have bar replay in free trading view app?

Thanks in advance...

Just to summarise : How to trade a LTF descending rectangular range or a triangular increasing range ( even more difficult) in a HTF clear uptrend ( or vice versa ) using ICT concepts. Any help will be highly appreciated as I'm at my wits end and absolutely frustrated😔

First of all, don`t belive the guys on youtube that they made an 1:10 - 1:30 - 1:100 trade. That`s stupid. Nobody in the world would hold an trade so long. They all lie to you. They just use Tradingview and put some trades in there with an huge RR.

Don`t fall for this bs. You will never see any proof of the trades they took.

Don`t use the 5 min TF. It is very tricky. Take the 15min instead. The 5min and 1min are for scalping some pips only.

Focus on one Timeframe only. Just take the 15 min. Thats it.

Use the ICT Orderblocks - look for stop hunts and than take the trade. Why Orderblocks don`t work every time? It is very simple. The Banks knows that we know that they are orderblocks. So they will take the opposite direction and make them fail. They simply need the liquidity to open up their big positions.

In my case I don´t wait for the BOS. The move already happened. When I see a potential orderblock I simply take the trade. Looking for a small pip trade only. Take 10 to 30 pips. It depends which pair you want to trade. Don`t trade too many pairs.

Use one group of Pairs only. For example all GBP Pairs.

GBPUSD, GPBJPY, GBPAUD etc...

Demotrade until you are profitable. Take an look at FTMO. You can take a free challange with an 50k Account how often you like.

Hope this will help you a little.

Best Regards

Can you post here a chart example so that we can see the price action going on?

There is a cracked version of Soft4x (an Expert Advisor for MT4).

The problem is that it's a pain in the arse to analyze multiple timeframes, as you have to manually click a button everytime to sync your markups across all timeframes, and there's also a limited number of timeframes, not to mention the outdated design.

I actually bought it myself a few years ago, but now with TradingView I don't really use it anymore.

Here is the link if you want to try it though: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gPI...ew?usp=sharing

Otherwise you can get one of these 30 day free trials from tradingview, there are many videos on youtube teaching how to do it.

I don't know if I picked the right pair, if not please just upload an image on imgur or some other image host and post it here.

Either way, I hope this helps clearing at least some of your confusion.

So... this is probably what most have seen:

​​​9aGqjY7.png

But if you do a the top down analysis, you will see the following OB just below on the H4:

​​​uiGT48o.png

Why is this the valid OB?

Because, as you can see, this was the OB that lead to the Break Of Structure, as you can see here:

​​JwwlU8x.png

So now you go back to M5, and you now understand that our previous Entry was not the "real" OB, even though we could of used it to scalp some pips (not recommended, especially if you're a beginner).

The real OB was in fact, the whole push down:

nMFViCH.png

And it reacted precisely off this Unmitigated RBR (yellow zone) inside that H4 OB (red zone):

0KDYCar.png

Conclusion: That first OB before is what all these new gurus are calling as "Inducement", and the reason it happens is because that's how the market moves, grabing internal liquidity to acumulate orders (this is where you have the Wyckoff schematics) and then push price torwards the External Liquidity.

This is why I keep saying you have to understand Market Structure, otherwise you will end up getting confused by these marketing SMC kids who keep renaming stuff just to sell new courses.

Now you add to this the ICT cult bashing all other trading strategies and you quickly realize why more and more people are hating on SMC.

@Darkz0r : Thanks again for the explanation .. I will upload images to imgur but your example is good enough.

Which has lead me to question myself now.. Do I really have the patience to sit through a whole days of price action patiently waiting for an opportunity at H4 or would I rather scalp M5/M1? The problem is all these ICT guys keep talking about 1:100 RR and it sorta messes you. Not everybody has the mental fortitude to wait for the whole day for the perfect entry... I know I don't

‌Can you guys recommend any ICT guru who has applied the OB concept to scalping? It's ridiculous watching all those examples where they let price retract 80-90% from swing highs and then it miraculously turns into a 1:100 trade after coming inches off hiting the stop loss, even more so considering it was giving 2/3R in the first swing itself... Unless of course you are in a raging uptrend like NIFTY which is at all time high right now

@Fluchtplan : thanks, your post appeared just now even though it was posted long back.. Strange

What lower tf should I use with M15 to refine entries.. I like M5/M1 as it presents a lot of opportunities. I only take entries in direction of trend to be on safe side and never countertrend the H1.. Do you recommend countertrend on M15 and what would be your higher TF? Also do you keep holding a trade if it retraces below 50/60% or scrap it and move on?

Any suggestions would be highly helpful.. Regards

Edited by Mohanpan

@Darkz0r : Thanks again for the explanation .. I will upload images to imgur but your example is good enough.

Which has lead me to question myself now.. Do I really have the patience to sit through a whole days of price action patiently waiting for an opportunity at H4 or would I rather scalp M5/M1? The problem is all these ICT guys keep talking about 1:100 RR and it sorta messes you. Not everybody has the mental fortitude to wait for the whole day for the perfect entry... I know I don't

‌Can you guys recommend any ICT guru who has applied the OB concept to scalping? It's ridiculous watching all those examples where they let price retract 80-90% from swing highs and then it miraculously turns into a 1:100 trade after coming inches off hiting the stop loss, even more so considering it was giving 2/3R in the first swing itself... Unless of course you are in a raging uptrend like NIFTY which is at all time high right now

@Fluchtplan : thanks, your post appeared just now even though it was posted long back.. Strange

What lower tf should I use with M15 to refine entries.. I like M5/M1 as it presents a lot of opportunities. I only take entries in direction of trend to be on safe side and never countertrend the H1.. Do you recommend countertrend on M15 and what would be your higher TF? Also do you keep holding a trade if it retraces below 50/60% or CLOSE it and move on?

What lower tf should I use with M15 to refine entries.. I like M5/M1 as it presents a lot of opportunities. I only take entries in direction of trend to be on safe side and never countertrend the H1.. Do you recommend countertrend on M15 and what would be your higher TF? Also do you keep holding a trade if it retraces below 50/60% or CLOSE it and move on?

There is no need to refine your entries. You have to stick to one timeframe. If you want to trade the 5min TF - just do it - but stick to it, do not mix the Timeframes together.

When I start trading I also thought that it is a good Idea to find a trade in an higher TF and than go to a lower TF to refine the trade. The only thing that will happen it will confuse you in your trading.

I recommend the 15 min TF for daytrading.

5 min and 1 min for scalping only.

There is no need to look at the H1 at all. Make your chart smaller, you have to train your eyes to see the trend and enough data of your chart with one view.

Yes you can trade countertrend. I would not recommend it when you are a beginner.

The orderblocks retraces always below 50%60% - I don`t look at fibonacci at all. There is also no need for it. You see the retracement and the price action in front of your chart. Just watch which side get stopped out and there is your trade. When there is an Orderblock the trade is usually better.

There is no need to refine your entries. You have to stick to one timeframe. If you want to trade the 5min TF - just do it - but stick to it, do not mix the Timeframes together.

When I start trading I also thought that it is a good Idea to find a trade in an higher TF and than go to a lower TF to refine the trade. The only thing that will happen it will confuse you in your trading.

I recommend the 15 min TF for daytrading.

5 min and 1 min for scalping only.

There is no need to look at the H1 at all. Make your chart smaller, you have to train your eyes to see the trend and enough data of your chart with one view.

Yes you can trade countertrend. I would not recommend it when you are a beginner.

The orderblocks retraces always below 50%60% - I don`t look at fibonacci at all. There is also no need for it. You see the retracement and the price action in front of your chart. Just watch which side get stopped out and there is your trade. When there is an Orderblock the trade is usually better.

Thanks for taking the time for the detailed reply.. Regards

Edited by Mohanpan

@Fluchtplan : I think this is the case in most entries. There is no retracement back right upto order block zone, usually only say 50/60% of fractal high, sometimes even the MSB is not observed. Price just goes away without the ideal ICT setup specially on lower time frames..

This is were the Price Prophet WRB WRAB entry at equilibrium makes sense in a practical set up instead of textbook ICT entries.. Sad the complete course is not available anywhere...

if anyone can point out a good course on WRB WRAB ... would be great

Edited by Mohanpan