[REQ] John Locke Options Courses

Just to put things into perspective: John is a great fellow, actually a great salesman -- used cars salesman, certified hypno ... , certified NLP ..., wealth trainer,.... a jack of many trades.

His courses are standard concepts at non-standard prices. The courses are helpful, but not always correct in details. Daily action/observation of 30 min is required (yes even THE BULL -- to execute the crucial stop-loss properly). Long term results are below 24% p.a. on minimum required account size (using RegT)

Good luck

Basically you are saying that John Locke’s products are garbage and he’s just good at selling garbage?

Just to put things into perspective: John is a great fellow, actually a great salesman -- used cars salesman, certified hypno ... , certified NLP ..., wealth trainer,.... a jack of many trades.

His courses are standard concepts at non-standard prices. The courses are helpful, but not always correct in details. Daily action/observation of 30 min is required (yes even THE BULL -- to execute the crucial stop-loss properly). Long term results are below 24% p.a. on minimum required account size (using RegT)

Good luck

What i've learnd so far from my trading journey is that you need to read / study everything you come across but in the end only few things will fitt you. You need to find out what works for you from all the materials on trading, then you mix it up and create your own trading style. I know that it may sound something already heard, but it's the only truth in trading.

M3/The rock & B.butterfly are good trades. Learning trading with thys strategies you'll lern the basis of option trading dynamics. They are solid trades, but for me too risky. I've developed another methodology based on option and cycle.

I agree. But they are complicated trades with high capital requirements and partially long intraday screen attention required. Plus you need an Optionvue at 100 bucks per month .... and the courses ARE expensive.

But what I dislike the most is his attitude of an wannebe-guru. And there is a wife in the background, Cherry, a wannebe marketing-guru.

There is no live traded account to prove the system, no live traded demo account but a backtest on demo data only.

And still no more than the results I mentioned above.

Instead check, g...gle for Amy Meissner, Dan Harvey, Dan Sheridan, Optionstribe, Capitaldiscussions, Aeromir, Bertino, .... at youtube.

One of the best educations for optionstraders with 2 years experience can be found at Ron Bertino`s Tradingdominion.

All the best

You ll find a lot of free stuff.

Ron Bertino it's best for those who has Portfolio Margin account. If you are one of those the Bertino's trade are top class in risk management and use of margin. I trade some variation of STT + B.swan Hedge.

I thought Ron Bertino teaches how to trade with SPAN margin instead of portfolio margin, so you don`t need a 100k minimum account size as required for portfolio margin.

Which variations do you trade - and how are the results. Are you member of his group?

Thanks

SPAN margin is the margin required for the option on futures indexes. It's logically the same type of algorithm for the calculation of margin as the P.MARGIN. but there's some problem with the initial margin required to open position cause there's the risk of the assignement of the underling as the option is on futures and not on cash. For the second question it's too complex to explain on a forum, sorry. I've taken the course in the past.

Great info on this thread. I never really felt John Locke’s material fit my style but I was willing to give it a shot.

I think one of the best Options educator is Mark Sebastian with OptionPit. Anyone have any OptionPit material? Would like some feedback from you guys on his material as well?

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...