Help please - AbleTrend 7.0 for Interactive Brokers...?

shawnh

Hello all, it seems there is a version of AbleTrend 7.0 that can use Interactive Brokers as data feed:

https://www.wintick.com/docs/Instructions_for_IB_Data.pdf

However the version I have (v7.08.046) does not support that. Please see screenshot here:

https://anonfile.com/969aEdb6b7/abletrend.jpg

Would anyone have the AbleTrend 7.0 version that supports Interactive Brokers please?

Thanks

Shawn

Well, I don't really use it yet as a trading tool. I'm currently just looking at it to see if it could be useful as a confirmation tool for S&P daytrading - for placing useful stops, etc.

Shawn

Are you having success using this? I don't use so far or have the version you require.

Never showed up for me... and I already had IB TWS all configured properly. I think there's an extra AbleTrend module needed for IB capabilty.

the pdf says IB has to be on an configured before opening Abletrend. maybe the IB option shows up if the steps are correct?

Well, I don't really use it yet as a trading tool. I'm currently just looking at it to see if it could be useful as a confirmation tool for S&P daytrading - for placing useful stops, etc.

Shawn

I was thinking something very similiar to this. But I want this for ninjatrader so we dont need an extra broker. Does anyone have the ninja module for this?

by gosh Joey, you might be onto something there... that could be it, thanks. It never occurred to me that installing the older version of IB TWS (and API) could enable the IB option within AbleTrend - I was thinking I was missing a separate AbleTrend module. Currently I have the very latest TWS (v 965.1) but I'm not sure where I can find the older 956.2p.

Thanks!

Shawn

"The current Trader Workstation that works with AbleTrend provided are version 956.2p and the corresponding API 971.06. "

Are you using a TWS and TWS API version that is compatible? Make sure you have both TWS and the API installed.

Yeah, it would be a nightmare... that's why I will try to set all this up and test it on a separate computer altogether. I don't know where to find that specific version of TWS however (956.2p). The IB site no longer keeps a repository of old versions... at least not that I can find. Also the link in the AbleTrend PDF file for the download:

https://www.wintick.com/files/TWS_API_Install_971.06.msi

that is only for the API... not the old TWS. :-(

If that's the case then maybe check with wintick and see if they have it, if you can. Sounds like a nightmare though to be running/depending an older version of TWS and trying to avoid the automatic update by IB.

I am trying a demo of FXCM as the data feed... but it's pretty limited. I trade stocks mostly and the only useful symbol I can get from FXCM is the SP500 index. And at that, the charts do not update automatically in AbleTrend - a "Force Refresh" is required everytime. Wndering if that is normal, or should they update automatically,,,?

Thanks

Shawn

perhaps try another route if the IB option doesn't work out

https://www.wintick.com/products/comparison/datafeed

• 4 weeks later...
I am trying a demo of FXCM as the data feed... but it's pretty limited. I trade stocks mostly and the only useful symbol I can get from FXCM is the SP500 index. And at that, the charts do not update automatically in AbleTrend - a "Force Refresh" is required everytime. Wndering if that is normal, or should they update automatically,,,?

Thanks

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Could you please share your AbleTrend demo installation file?

Thank you!