Traderbeauty Method for the ES.

Traderbeauty

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again- this is my position account- i made nice profits in it within the last year so having the market going against me does not both me at all.

my overall view of the market is still to the downside and i place my shorts at crucial levels .

usually the market retraces and giving me the opportunity to bank points and gain profit even if it goes up.

this time it just went up with no down move.

i am waiting for a nice retracement where i will exit my 2014 shorts for a nice profit and then i will wait for either a move down to 1770 or a move up where i can reshort at even better prices.

so lets wait and see.

amruta- sorry about getting stopped out.

so let me explain how i got 2014 short to the tick ( i was kind of lucky because i was asleep at that time ).

previous high was 2012.25 - there is a nasty way of the market to hurt the ones that try to do a breakout- so i was looking for the next fib extension as you can see in the picture.

since the volatility up is high i added one tick and got filled because i did it far enough in advance and was in the Que line - my order was limit order so once it hit stops ( market) i got filled.

now we need to see if the market will react and go down as expected.

friday was a beautiful doji so lets just sit and wait.

http://i.imgur.com/gX1rYVi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Historically, it's a tough bet to be short any major U.S. market index-related entity from half-way into Oct through the end of the year. The greed of money managers looking to secure their fat end-of-year bonuses tends to trump bearish technicals more times than not.

The fear / greed indicator still has upside potential. I guess they want a nice round ES or SPX 2100 test, pullback and one more attempt above that for the year before trying to make one last round of all-time highs at the start of next year before the piper finally gets paid.

http://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/

Historically, it's a tough bet to be short any major U.S. market index-related entity from half-way into Oct through the end of the year. The greed of money managers looking to secure their fat end-of-year bonuses tends to trump bearish technicals more times than not.

The fear / greed indicator still has upside potential. I guess they want a nice round ES or SPX 2100 test, pullback and one more attempt above that for the year before trying to make one last round of all-time highs at the start of next year before the piper finally gets paid.

http://money.cnn.com/data/fear-and-greed/

Earlier in this thread, I said that if the SPX broke horizontal resistance of 2025 points after 2054 would reach then reach 2100. Now, profit-taking investors drove down the index until 2080.

Finally, I think, that the quarterly and annual Balance sheets, of the Companies, in December will have the last word, and will mark the first quarter of 2016. We must also take into account whether the Fed raises the interest rate. You must consider the dollar exchange rate yuan.

At the year`s end we'll see if the devaluation of the yuan affect the profits of companies.

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your thread, I know you are a decent trader from our private conversations. We all do what works for us to make money. But going down the memory lane recently - I remembered, how years ago, I use to miss some of the biggest moves while waiting for Market to reverse. This is what makes trading so difficult for most folks - lots of times to make money we have to do things that are not natural and do not make any sense to us personally.

Hope you're well, Good luck.

Simon.

Looking at the last trade from Jane's perspective, when you trade daily the same futures contract from the long term in the retirement account, any IRA drawdowns tend to be pretty well hedged. It's more of a temporary transferral of cash flow from the IRA to the regular account. On a combined equity curve the occurrence would look more sideways than down.

Next year is probably going to be huge for Jane with her method. The hardest part will be holding on as the swings should be much larger once the VIX kicks back up above 30 and the 1830 area collapses.

Saying all that, if Jane came out and said she's expecting a 50% retrace of October's rally and she's sticking to her position in anticipation of that, I wouldn't be surprised. It was done in Nov 2011 before heading higher. The bigger money just wants to stay primarily above the longer term indices' VWAP, right?

Edited by lbf4223

Hi Guys

So sorry for not answering.

I am on vacation in puerto vallarta mexico- it just beautiful.

i am short with few contracts- i do not look for reasons other than technical.I dont care about the time of year of hedge funds.

Yes- the market is going against me right now but i expect a nice down move to give me nice profits.

Even if the market will continue upward it will always make a correction down and judging by the level where its starting to correct - i will know where to exit my shorts.

i am actually surprised how much the market went up- according to my analysis it should not have done so but its still within its limits.i can tell you that i have another short waiting at 2105- limit and exiting few shorts at 2008 which is the 38 fib.

the most important thing is to be able to hold your positions even if the market goes against you. that is why i cautioned you not to follow me unless you have deep pockets.This is actually a great example so you can see that i am not invincible and i can be temporary wrong and hurt but as they say it isnt over till the fat lady sung lol.

so i am keeping my shorts and using every retracement to bank points.

will be back wednesday evening and will be able to post so more day trading methods that will suit all of you.

take care and thanks for the brilliant responses.

jane

full image -----//////http://i.imgur.com/SZuAo1y.jpg/////////

http://i.imgur.com/SZuAo1y.jpg

wow

that is very impressive- thank you.

unfortunately i dont keep positions for such a huge time frame.

i love playing with the daily positions and keep banking points.

truth- it can be dangerous- but imho not in these levels.

i plan to exit everything around 1870 ( cant remember now ) and then i might even go long ( again- dont have the charts )

will keep you updated.

Hi TraderBeauty:

I have some questions:

What expiration date have their ES contracts?......You believe the ES reaches 1870 points this year?...Why?

I note that the low from 2045-1850 points approximately happened largely due to the devaluation of the yuan. The fundamentals of the US economy not worsened since August. So I think for the moment, the ES will rise to 2125 points and then bounce down to the level of 2020 or 2025 points (in this level I wait a pullback to up). If this level is broken down, then I think that the price go to 1940-1945 points (support level) in December or January.

Edited by FXWallabie

Hi FX

Currently i trade the es with december expiration- if needs to move to the march one then i will change them in mid december.

ok- so i am back from a wonderful vacation- mexico is amazing but all inclusive at a nice hotel will cause you to eat and eat and eat lol.

I am not disputing any of the scenarios you guys posted- all i just use the fact that no matter what- the market has swings and i use them all the time- so even if the market wants to go to 2125 or higher- i can do very well if it retraces 38 fib which is around 2015-2017 where i am going to exit some of my shorts including the one i just added at 2105 ( see post above) and then i will wait and let the market do whatever it wants.

if it goes lower then i will exit more at the 50 , 61.8 etc. the 1870 is not relevant anymore- as legs are changing- levels are changing also.

once i am out at 2015-2017 if the market goes up i will only enter more at the 1.272 or maybe 112- will see.

anyway- good to be home.

take care guys

jane

Hi FX

Currently i trade the es with december expiration- if needs to move to the march one then i will change them in mid december.

ok- so i am back from a wonderful vacation- mexico is amazing but all inclusive at a nice hotel will cause you to eat and eat and eat lol.

I am not disputing any of the scenarios you guys posted- all i just use the fact that no matter what- the market has swings and i use them all the time- so even if the market wants to go to 2125 or higher- i can do very well if it retraces 38 fib which is around 2015-2017 where i am going to exit some of my shorts including the one i just added at 2105 ( see post above) and then i will wait and let the market do whatever it wants.

if it goes lower then i will exit more at the 50 , 61.8 etc. the 1870 is not relevant anymore- as legs are changing- levels are changing also.

once i am out at 2015-2017 if the market goes up i will only enter more at the 1.272 or maybe 112- will see.

anyway- good to be home.

take care guys

jane

Nice to hear you had a great vacation.

Welcome back! :)

• 2 weeks later...

So just a quick update- if you look up i posted somewhere that i am shorting also at 2105 which i did ( see post 140 from nov 1st while being on my mexico vacation) so i got in 5 points from the top which is not bad considering that these are daily levels.

Just got out of 10 contracts at 2021.5 which was the exact bottom and 2022.75 which gave me around 80 points on each contract - not bad- so now you can understand why i dont panic when the market goes against me.

i still have many more shorts but now if the market goes up i will reshort at the 1.272 and 1.6 which is hard for me to believe it will get there.

as the market will go down i will exit more shorts on every fib.

take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Traderbeauty-Jane

p.s- promising to post some day trading methods and example next week.

http://i.imgur.com/lAPj9eO.png

why should i be careful ?

i am short with many more contracts to exit.

waiting for the market to go more down to at least 1956 but most likely to 1915 where i plan to exit most of my shorts.

look at the daily candle volume- see how the down move is accelerating which is wonderful for me.

i will reshort every bounce.

http://i.imgur.com/jPTR9UQ.jpg

@ Traderbeauty .

first of all thank u so much for explaining your trading style . the points i got from viewing your posts were

1) just follow the big picture . i.e daily ,weekly,monthly levels

2) using Fibonacci retracements to exit the trades

3) so u keep the retracements to re-enter the existing position

4) entering the trade at important levels based on above analysis and keep moving until it fades .

5) why renko charts used . is it just to remove the noise .

based on my grasping i got these things . if any important things to learn please provide the concepts

Thanking You