How to get rid of unnecessary bar types without creating compiling errors ? Help

I have many bar types that are totally useless or just poor copies of others under a new name.

Due to some conflicts ; my main and most important bar type - renko spectrum is not working correctly.

I tried to delete as many as I could using " remove ninja script assembly" feature but it did not take all the ones I wanted to delete.

I tried just to delete the dlls from bin/custom folder but that caused compiling errors and I put the dlls back to their place.

i still have : nexgen dynamic renko; sym renko; ultimate tick bars ;range no gap; jj bars ;BWT uni renko;BWT real renko; another range no gap; lightning bars and ATM renko.

Would appreciate all the help I can get how to eliminate all thesebar types and how to fix the renko spectrum.

Thanks a lot.

Traderbeauty-Jane

1)remove renkospectrumbarchart.dll, renkospectrumbarchart.x64.dll, and renkospectrumbarchart.X86.dll in the custom folder.

2)open any indicator and compile it.

3)restart Ninjatrader.

after the three steps, the renkospectrumbartype will be removed from your ninjatrader. The three steps work for removing other bartypes you don't want any more. One difference is they may be either in the type folder as .cs file or in the Custom folder as .dll file.

After removing it, you can load it again into ninjatrader. After successfully loading it into ninjatrader,

it will show up in the charttype combobox.

I have many bar types that are totally useless or just poor copies of others under a new name.

Due to some conflicts ; my main and most important bar type - renko spectrum is not working correctly.

I tried to delete as many as I could using " remove ninja script assembly" feature but it did not take all the ones I wanted to delete.

I tried just to delete the dlls from bin/custom folder but that caused compiling errors and I put the dlls back to their place.

i still have : nexgen dynamic renko; sym renko; ultimate tick bars ;range no gap; jj bars ;BWT uni renko;BWT real renko; another range no gap; lightning bars and ATM renko.

Would appreciate all the help I can get how to eliminate all thesebar types and how to fix the renko spectrum.

Thanks a lot.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Edited by microsat2

Thanks a lot.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Bars are removed two ways

1) bin\Custom\Type OR

2) DLL--there are two ways to remove

2a) If you imported the zip file with DLL's, use the remove ninjascript (easiest, but theres another way not discussed here)

2b) If you copied and pasted the DLL files into bin\Custom, you can delete those files from the folder as long as you did not manually add a reference to them (add reference when you are editing a Ninjascript)

For some DLL's, depending on the vendor, you may have to go through certain steps to remove their software (for example, uninstall from program files and then cleanup the ninja folder). I would make sure you uninstalled all the vendor installation stuff from your machine. Restart, restart ninja, remove more DLL's from remove ninjascript, and remember to compile and then restart ninja for the bar types to be refreshed.

Without knowing what files you have in Custom and Type, there is not really anymore advice I could give.

Also noting Jane because you're evidently getting compilation errors and NOT able to "Remove an assembly" until all compilation errors are resolved, double check that when you had to manually remove any DLL files as JDizzle22 mentioned in the above post, Edit any indicator and then highlight your "References" and scroll down to double check that you still don't have any "DLL" files referencing the same "DLL" files you may have already removed from your bin/custom directory....if that is the case, you just need to also delete that particular "DLL" file in your references that is still showing.....This is no doubt why it is highly recommended to import/remove "DLL" ninjascript than overt time adding "DLL" files manually because we then have to work backwards to resolve the siutuation.

One other suggestion too, if you're still presented with compilation errors, you may want to get a screenshot of the actual compilation errors and post in here so that further diagnostic possibilities are looked at !

Good luck Jane It can be frustrating I am sure many of us utilizing Ninjatrader for some time have crossed that path !

Cheers !

Thanks a lot.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Here a nice indicator from the II forum, showing the slots for the different Bar Types:

Snapshot

https://www.sendspace.com/file/33jb0n

Indicator

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kms3g4

Cheers

Here is a very good tip and a must do.

This is essential to save you from a lot of frustration. The absolute best way to back up your ninja trader system is just go to start/documents/ do not open the folder just copy your entire Ninja Trader 7 Folder and save it to your desktop and/or a backup flash drive, or hard drive. Put this in a new folder and name this as Ninja Trader 7 Backup Folder and date it. This can save you a lot of hard work if you get a corrupted download and cannot remove it.

Now if this were to happen to you go to start/documents/ Ninja Trader 7 Folder and drag your corrupted folder to your desktop, then replace it with the backup folder in the same place. Now put this in a folder and rename this folder that you just moved to your desktop as Ninja Trader 7- Corrupted Folder.

Every time you add new indicators to your main Ninja Trader Platform, you will need to update your back up folder. You only need to save one backup folder at a time, example you just added 5-new indicators, new workspaces and templates from your last backup that you did three weeks ago. Now say you want to do an update just do the same steps copy your NT7 Folder to your desktop and delete your old backup folder.

These NT7 folders are very big so you don’t want to keep more than two saved on your desktop. (1. Your main back up folder and (2. Your corrupted folder. if you have a lot of indicators on your platform these can be very big folders. Remember this is your entire NT7 platform.

let’s say now you have a problem that you cannot fix, go in move your NT7 corrupt folder to your desk top, rename it as your corrupt folder and date it. Once you replace this folder with your backup it will prompt you to say yes to a lot of files until it is completed. But let me assure you this will be a lot easier than rebuilding your entire system from scratch. Keep in mind every time you add new indicators to your main platform you will have to update your backup folder or you will not have your latest downloads or changes.

It is important to keep your corrupted folder for a reference to go back and look at your old work. If you run in to a situation where you have added new indicators and have not updated this work. You will be able to reference your corrupt folder to copy any Workspaces or Templets that you may have spent a lot of time building. At this point you will only have to reinstall the missing indicators from your last update.

Be sure to save your old folder until you have all your updates completed, because even though its corrupt you can still copy your Workspaces, Templets, and reinstall them to your back up emergence folder that you just reinstalled. This has saved me many times from careless mistakes. Not to mention if your computer hard drive goes.

Best to always back up your downloads to an external drive.

Please share you tips…

Edited by timein

• 5 years later...