Pivot Scalper

ciardim

are the TomBars are the same he is using "ASTRenko" ????

Lulu, according to Scott and Chris the TOMbars2 are an upgrade of the original TOMbars from TOW3.It's a hybrid/modification of HA that smoothens price action.I am not sure of any similarity with ASTRenko.

Edited by CashManic

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, thank you admis and Cash.

This indi uses a special bar, "ATSrenko"? Is it specific to this indi?

I'm assuming here that its not your typical renko?!

Would this be used with currencies as well?

Thanks all....

Kie! How are you Miss Akira? Are you still trading the Sterling/Yen pair? Regarding the ATSrenko Bar Type, and since both you and Lulu asked about it,I did a search for it and only found a reference to it at this site,

http://www.squeezeindicatortrading.com/

It's probably a proprietary bartype, and yes not your typical renko and not widely used.

As for the TOMbars2, Scott says it's a modified version of Heikin-Ashi,that smooths the price action.Anyway I personally find it to be very similar to Viper's vipBars.

Currencies? Well Scott says it was developed primarily for the CL and Energies futures BUT give it a go anyway and do some testing during live market conditions Kie and see how it performs for the currency markets.

Edited by CashManic

In this video, Christopher explains very clearly all the initial important basics of working with the TOmbars2 bartype and Pivot-Scalper. These videos are members only unlisted Youtube videos. I suggest you watch on Tube in full screen format.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXujx3-KdzU

Unfortunately Indo only allows one video per post,so I guess I'll have to post a couple more.;)

Cheers.

Edited by CashManic

This is quite an important video, especially for those who are new to pivot point trading. It's almost a whole class on the mechanics of intraday pivot point trading.Again Chris explains very clearly about the best timeframes, the TOMbars2 hybrid bartype and what the optimum bricksize and lookback size to use, and also about the minor pivot diamonds and major pivot arrow setups.You need to understand the proper mechanics of these possible pivot entries, and the differences between primary and secondary pivot entries.Secondary = diamonds and Primary =arrows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QPACtDXLSM

Cheers, :)

Edited by CashManic

Here, Chris shows how he personally trades the CL using the Pivot-Scalper system, especially during Oil Inventories News (before/after). He explains everything about his trades and style, what kind of entries he uses, what his ATM tactics are and when he decdes to take profits on winning trades, and how he manages his loses,including any trailing stops he uses.Very enlightening from a pro trader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=FWI8tAWGCn8

Cheers,:)

Hello dear Cash, you have such incredible memory!!! :)

Yes, I'm still trading Sterling/Yen :) I have gone the way of naked chart trading, but I barely break even at the end of the month. I so wish, that there was some indicator to help with the "confirmation" and maybe reduce the losing trades even by just 1%!! ;)

You know something, there are only a handful of individuals here that are so unselfish with their time and knowledge, that make coming back to II, feel like coming back home!! YOU Mr. Cash, are one of them!!!

Thank you ever so much!!

As always, with so much respect,

Kie

Kie! How are you Miss Akira? Are you still trading the Sterling/Yen pair? Regarding the ATSrenko Bar Type, and since both you and Lulu asked about it,I did a search for it and only found a reference to it at this site,

http://www.squeezeindicatortrading.com/

It's probably a proprietary bartype, and yes not your typical renko and not widely used.

As for the TOMbars2, Scott says it's a modified version of Heikin-Ashi,that smooths the price action.Anyway I personally find it to be very similar to Viper's vipBars.

Currencies? Well Scott says it was developed primarily for the CL and Energies futures BUT give it a go anyway and do some testing during live market conditions Kie and see how it performs for the currency markets.

Admis,

what is the passw0rd for the file that has been shared?

Thanks.

As always if it is an admis shared file,it's more than likely indo-investasi. Make a note for future reference, and many thanks to my mentor admis.:)

Edited by CashManic

Hello dear Cash, you have such incredible memory!!! :)

Yes, I'm still trading Sterling/Yen :) I have gone the way of naked chart trading, but I barely break even at the end of the month. I so wish, that there was some indicator to help with the "confirmation" and maybe reduce the losing trades even by just 1%!! ;)

You know something, there are only a handful of individuals here that are so unselfish with their time and knowledge, that make coming back to II, feel like coming back home!! YOU Mr. Cash, are one of them!!!

Thank you ever so much!!

As always, with so much respect,

Kie

My dear,sweet Kie.Thank you very much!:x

Actually Kie, when you first joined II forum and introduced yourself, I immediately sensed something different and special about you.I was right and I have liked you ever since.

Yes I understand your pain. I too struggled terribly during my Forex MT4 days,when there was a plethora of so called systems and indicators but nothing worked for me during real-time trading. Things worked a little better when I was told to have a look at the currency and futures markets instead through the Ninjatrader platform.

Thanks again Kie for your very kind words. I really appreciate it.:)

This is the video by Chris that Scott was talking about.It's essentially a continuation of the previous video of Chris's personal trading style but mainly on his personal take on Money Management strategies to attain the final target of making USD2000 a day with discipline and resolve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=Ya1sneNIQTc

Cheers,

Good God man that's a long lunch Cash!:-O Heh, just kidding mate. Eat well and safe!

Buddy boy it was a very small vegan meal.You know how it is on weekends mate.You get calls to attend to all manner of work.I only just got in at this ungodly hour.Thank god Sunday is up on the horizon. Next time I am leaving my cell at home.;)

Lulu, according to Scott and Chris the TOMbars2 are an upgrade of the original TOMbars from TOW3.It's a hybrid/modification of HA that smoothens price action.I am not sure of any similarity with ASTRenko.

Hi CashManic...Thank you for researching for us. You always provide very quick and valuable info to this group. I also sent them the email about where to get ASTRenko expecting nothing back but they did reply my email. here it is..

Hello,

We will have pricing and launch details in mid May so stay tuned to our Twitter or FB page for further details. We will be offering an "automated signals and alerts" set of trading tools for a range of trading platforms... the first offering will be in the NinjaTrader 7 platform and then MT4 soon after. The ATSrenko will be packaged in and available as a part of the KSqueeze System.

We are working a Live Trading Event in Austin, TX on May 11th to 13th for TheOilMoney.com and once that event work is completed we will be ready to launch the KSqueeze system.

Thanks!

Squeeze Indicator Trading

Hi CashManic...Thank you for researching for us. You always provide very quick and valuable info to this group. I also sent them the email about where to get ASTRenko expecting nothing back but they did reply my email. here it is..

Hello,

We will have pricing and launch details in mid May so stay tuned to our Twitter or FB page for further details. We will be offering an "automated signals and alerts" set of trading tools for a range of trading platforms... the first offering will be in the NinjaTrader 7 platform and then MT4 soon after. The ATSrenko will be packaged in and available as a part of the KSqueeze System.

We are working a Live Trading Event in Austin, TX on May 11th to 13th for TheOilMoney.com and once that event work is completed we will be ready to launch the KSqueeze system.

Thanks!

Squeeze Indicator Trading

Aha! :-? So the strange and weird looking Scott Morris is already intending to launch another trading project in May! Good sleuthing work Lulu! Btw,that "Live Trading Event in Austin" is his Pivot Scalper customer training conference.

https://theoilmoney.com/austin-live-event/

Lulu what is it about the ASTRenko bartype that you find appealing? Just curious. Thanks Lulu.

Edited by CashManic

TOW3 Indicator Basic and Fast Settings.

Here are the recommended settings of the TOW3 indicator in jpegs.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2wr1czq.jpg

TOW3Recommendedsettings.zip (827.65KB)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/cwum6z

Cheers,

Aha! :-? So the strange and weird looking Scott Morris is already intending to launch another trading project in May! Good sleuthing work Lulu! Btw,that "Live Trading Event in Austin" is his Pivot Scalper customer training conference.

https://theoilmoney.com/austin-live-event/

Lulu what is it about the ASTRenko bartype that you find appealing? Just curious. Thanks Lulu.

Seems like it filters out more noise in the market...thats all. We can achive it with many other way....I use 4 renko...all I have to do it higher the #...I guess

Seems like it filters out more noise in the market...thats all. We can achive it with many other way....I use 4 renko...all I have to do it higher the #...I guess

lululee, after watching all those videos posted by cash and messing with this thing on your screen, is this your net takeaway? A noise filtering method? If so, that's fine, but is the method complete --with rules--to produce a trading edge?

Thanks Cashmanic and admis. I'm having trouble importing/installing the TOM_smcci indicator. Keeps coming back with "Import failed. The....". I tried loading it into fresh new NT installation with same result.

Anything I'm missing?

When I imported the indicator set I had no problems. I then forgot that I had installed them and attempted to installed them again and got the error you referred to.

W

lululee, after watching all those videos posted by cash and messing with this thing on your screen, is this your net takeaway? A noise filtering method? If so, that's fine, but is the method complete --with rules--to produce a trading edge?

The Golden Zones Fibs show when the Scalper is signaling into an obstacle. The Better Volume shows a change in interest. Bottom bars are time. Less than 60 seconds is shown in Beige.

Good trading, W.

http://i.gyazo.com/732a02c4fe8aac3c3d90bc801686997c.png

Hi Wanderer, so I gather you could not get it to work after that. I thought maybe something got corrupted in original installation of NT so decided to install a brand new NT on virtual drive. Still did the same. At this point, don't see anywhere else to go with it. But thanks for letting me know. Appreciate it.

I was wrong. The TOM_SMCCI never imported. I am getting the same problem as you. I tried uninstalling that set of indicators and only installing the TOM_SMCCI but get the same error.

W.

P.S. Nothing pertinent in the Trace file.

Edited by Wanderer