Wanted: Jay Signal Trading Partner in US

Wanderer

Ok. I've got it. Thank you. The last question, as I suppose. What is your setting concerning dots: All dots: True or False ?

btw. If they are all of the rules - seems to be very easy system (except of the CL speed for 3 SR) ;)

Anyway, I wouldn't try to trade it...At least, based on only these rules, but I'll check it on demo acct.

All dots false

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mine set to "Al; Dots: True". I just set it like that cause I read it somewhere on the other thread.

Those are pretty much the rules. Azimyt, Wanderer, or Oil-George correct me if I'm wrong.

I like this system cause I like to take retracement trades, not too crazy about breakout trades. Fits my style.

On another tip I'm using acme profile on another chart with today's value just to verify that my lines on the 3 Sym Renko chart are correct. Also, the way Wanderer wanting to trade 24 hours I don't know if that will work because the value lines that are generated from the start of new day not of the session. So there may be sometimes when value lines will be super close together.

since azimyt confirmed the trade that was questionable.

the way i picture it is:

if we break above value either High (Red) or Low (Green) we looking to go long on the first retracement with other conditions met.

if we break below value either High (Red) or Low (Green) we looking to go short on the first retracement with other conditions met.

the black ATR don't think it has a purpose except only on the 5 Sym. hope they can confirm it.

Please note that during webinars/presentations the presenter always open new charts on a different screen ( away from the viewers), then brings in that chart to show how great his set ups are. Sometimes you changes setting or instruments before you can see it. He is only showing what he wants you ( the prospects) to see. As the same here some are seeing what they want to see, false hope. I have studied and tested this method with a couple of members in this forum, and it's worthless.

Good trading and be careful.

A

If you are not interested in this system does not need to write anything. Before you criticize need to study methodology. I began to consistently make money in 3-4 months. Good luck to you

In this way, "Value Area" is omit, as a logical condition and you are taking into account only the black ATR as the indicator of of the trend.

Of course. Black ATR is simple Supertrend indicator with Multi 5,5. Key is confluence 5 min trend and supertrend direction in acive trading times of day

I'm not so familiar with this system to know what exactly means #3, but maybe it's possible to automate it and alert you without other person intervention?

btw. I'm glad you've got your new mailbox. ;)

Thanks for the idea Admis. But I have been trying to automate alerts as a solution to this problem of being alerted to a trade out of my normal trading times for years. I don't want to get bogged down in the technical again. I just want to concentrate on trading. And to ensure that I get the big move that the market offers almost everyday, regardless of when it happens.

This makes sense to me. Having a traders work together to get a 24 hour market coverage. And having the ability to adapt easily because it is a real trader involved, not the limited logic of a PC.

Cheers, W.

I'm not going for autotrader. I'm mainly going for a heads up. This is some basic logic i created will fast with bloodhound. Need to add more stuff. The red green areas is only to alert you. http://s11.postimg.org/veuh28av7/3symbloodhound.png

I like your idea. But I don't want to create a lot of work for anyone. Myself included. Or admis, where this usually ends up.

To my mind, it is very easy for a trader to simply hit the Ctrl G on Yahoo Messenger, when he thinks he has an agreed upon setup. That is all that is required of him. Messenger also keeps a log of alerts to ensure everyone is doing their part. The trader will do so because when the instrument moves out of his timezone he can count on someone else signaling him. Insuring that no matter what the geopolitical situation or whatever timezone the instrument is trading, they will still get their trades. It is mutually beneficial situation with the least amount of effort.

Thanks again for you input.

W.

Admis, in reference to post #19: That would not be a valid long trade, because the signal was given below the LIS(Black Line). On versions 6 and higher it is possible to only plot signals that are on the same side of the LIS. I see that you are using Version 6. Change settings to ALL DOTS = False. Hope this helps.

I get the concept behind the #3, but on a lot of days a see these false break outs of value area like today around 10:20cst.

rhv, what version of jaysignal are you using? On the short trade you posted, I got an early arrow at 12:05(no arrow at 12:08) and a stop out. I'm runing V6 with a 5.5 multi.

Make sure you session template is 24x7. I made a new template which is still 24x7, but begins and ends at 7am Hong Kong time( 13 hours ahead EST (daylight savings time DST NewYork). Otherwise the DevMrktProfile restarts its calculations at 12 noon. Right in the middle of my trading day.

This can make a substantial difference in how Jay Signal plots. Perhaps several charts would be a solution if one is working with someone who is using a different session template as I am.

Good trading, W.

Casting aspersions is not welcome in my thread. If you are going to call into questions someone's integrity, it is fair that you at least provide a quote for what you are saying.

Otherwise it is just gossip. And that is for old ladies and sewing circles. Not trading professionals.

Good trading, w.

Edited by Traderbeauty

I have mine set to "Al; Dots: True". I just set it like that cause I read it somewhere on the other thread.

Those are pretty much the rules. Azimyt, Wanderer, or Oil-George correct me if I'm wrong.

I like this system cause I like to take retracement trades, not too crazy about breakout trades. Fits my style.

On another tip I'm using acme profile on another chart with today's value just to verify that my lines on the 3 Sym Renko chart are correct. Also, the way Wanderer wanting to trade 24 hours I don't know if that will work because the value lines that are generated from the start of new day not of the session. So there may be sometimes when value lines will be super close together.

It is a matter of preference. If you set it to False you will get Dots that are with the trend as defined by the Black line. Mine is set to False because I only want to trade with the trend. There is also another trend indicator which is the 20 and 50 SMA lines. But that is another story.

Good trading, W.

Edited by Wanderer

interesting volume pressure, I will look to compare what I've been using which is the hpOuterlimits (seems to perform similarly) as well as the hpProphet indicator which is a nice little divergence spotter.but i have not tried the 3sym renko, only the hpbars but will do so. looks to me like better signals with the 3symrenko. thanks.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qfwj6k

Edited by diabouncer
added comparison pic with div

Here is a good example using my additional Volume Pressure indicator (BBT _VolumePressure1) for confirmation.

To see the entire chart, right mouse click and Open Image in New Tab.

http://i.gyazo.com/e0694157bdd6af895286af5586f5296c.png

Wanderer! Could you share this indicator. Very interesting. Thank U

Wanderer...

Are you using DevMrktProfile for your value areas? If not, which one?

Yes it is the DevMrktProfile. My chart is different than the standard chart. I modified my 24x7 session template to start at 6pm EST DST New York. That is 7am Hong Kong time. The standard setup uses a session template that starts at 12 noon. Right in the middle of my trading day. So I moved it to start when the CL opens at the exchange.

Will be posting a package with everything in it.

W.