S@nta Cl@us is being incubated!

CashManic

For me is worthless indicators how can you short or go long without volume confirmation..

Or time and sales ;they tell the real truth.. what about the volume nodes??Do you know where are they ??

I dont beleive you can make money with bands or those i bars ...

Stick to renko hybrid bars those are the best.period..

This is a recomendation for newbies ..seasoned traders you know what works and what dont youve been there /Done that:)

This i thing really makes me sick...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me is worthless indicators how can you short or go long without volume confirmation..

Or time and sales ;they tell the real truth.. what about the volume nodes??Do you know where are they ??

I dont beleive you can make money with bands or those i bars ...

Stick to renko hybrid bars those are the best.period..

This is a recomendation for newbies ..seasoned traders you know what works and what dont youve been there /Done that:)

This i thing really makes me sick...

@misalto, since you mentioned volume, what tools do you use that give you the data you need to take a trade?

Reconstructed tape is the one i use and i feel is the one that gives you the most advantage nothing fancy...

the only thing is when markets are slow it lags ,works better on market open or whaen markets are moving

try avoiding on non moving markets .

For hvnodes i use logik bar profiler on 1440 minute bars 70 days bar lookback & 240 minute bars 10 days load .

I use the speedtick indicator to confirm reversals too.....

Mark the hvn that coincide on days back within a 10 pip range mark them on chart trade off them .

Is easier said than done but in this markets theres no holy grail you need to use your comonn sense and understanding if a level holds or not .

Needs tons of hours of screentime thats why i tell people dont waste your screentime on indicators that never worked focus on orderflow.

Looking back at CL and TF, I can't see how this makes money consistently. Too many false signals in what turns out to be chop is no different than any other lagging indicator with or without a "filter." Following Chris' instructions makes no difference. Slick marketers always show you the charts where everything fell into place perfectly and hide he ones that populate the trading world minute by minute.

Yamantaka, in a previous message at this thread I replied to your question if someone has been successful yet with this incubator/iScalper. I replied by telling you how I was looking at the markets. Now, if you apply that information to the TF you would have got: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/3rYHyKcgh2%2BhTSt6q%2F8%2BTqDuXoZ7vcfx

CL is too fast for this solution. Before you know there is a signal, the market is already gone leaving you behind in the dust. But separate from that: CL does well as well provided you can use the mouse faster than Superman.

I myself am very reluctant to use indicators as it always should deliver a lagging solution and indicators typically have not real knowledge about the market structure. I still believe one need a human brain for that. But nevertheless, if you accept patience and avoid to be greedy and keep to your rules: at first glance this incubator/iScalper solution seems to be doing nice. Risk is low and the probabiltity is high. The white dots you see in the pictures shows where the bands were in history when that bar closed - so now you can see in hindsight were the bands were - as they repaint heavily in history.

Perhaps you should try to look again to the TF with my suggestions.

And also accept you may have a day without trades with this incubator/iScalper and described setup. I may overlook something here, but hey: I just try to share my experiences here hoping to get feedback from others as well so we all may benefit.

The Oscar for the most annoying website should definitely go to this iScalper and their setups are indeed worthless.

@Misalto, Sorry that the chart did not open. I now try with sendspace. See here https://www.sendspace.com/file/p0x7v9

Weekly chart ES showing that in order to analyse vol node data in October you need data (at least) from May, which is beyond the 70 timeframe you use. Better to look to the previous relevant swing information to the left on the chart in order to ensure a proper population of your vol nodes you use for your trading decisions.

but I did hear Christopher say they are preparing a fully automated hands free strategy that will take into account all possible mean reversion channel entry/exit price moves so consequently, if everything pans out right there will be more trades per day per instrument.

Well it's worth a look.Thanks again!

Cheers,:)

Wow now that would be a blast.Do you know when this would materialise?

Btw Cash, can you upload more specific videos describing the indicators iBands, iBars and iRenko?

Thanks C!:)

Wow now that would be a blast.Do you know when this would materialise?

Btw Cash, can you upload more specific videos describing the indicators iBands, iBars and iRenko?

Thanks C!:)

A blast indeed. It will at least give me a chance to take a break from my primary trading income source, HFT strategies, which can get really expensive and if the Incubator strats are really good enough and working fine,then maybe it could replace my current HFT strats. Will have to see.

Yes Chris who will develop all their strategies has said that it will come out only after the public beta of Ninjatrader 8 has been released.Because if not, they will have to convert the strats to NT8. So, as far as that is concerned, probable date would be early 2015.

Upload more videos describing the indicators iBands, iBars and iRenko? Sure but Brad have you checked post #11 on this thread?

I included some YT links there to illustrate the different indis.

Here is the second webinar for you to glean more information from

Indicator Incubator - iSCALPER Webinar 11.05.14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLK0mFx2fNk

Furthermore check your PM Brad

Cheers,

Edited by CashManic
new vids

Does anyone know how the green/red dot signal are done in the iScalper solution? How is it calculated or which indicator(s) is/are used to create the signal? The logic for getting the green/red circles in the iScalper product is somewhere inside the iScalper product.

The same question is for the iBands (either in the iScalper or incubator product).

Many thanks for your help

Does anyone know how the green/red dot signal are done in the iScalper solution? How is it calculated or which indicator(s) is/are used to create the signal? The logic for getting the green/red circles in the iScalper product is somewhere inside the iScalper product.

The same question is for the iBands (either in the iScalper or incubator product).

Many thanks for your help

if you think just to take care of and did not understand the meaning of the indicator

Hi Enzofox,

I am not sure if I understand your reply.

I would like to know how the signal works and how the bands work so I am more independent from the incubator for the future, I get a better understanding of trading indicators in general, I have the possibility to have the indicator programmed for another platform, I have more insight in which other indicator may well complement the solution.

I do not want to be depending on a blackbox.

Hi Enzofox,

I am not sure if I understand your reply.

I would like to know how the signal works and how the bands work so I am more independent from the incubator for the future, I get a better understanding of trading indicators in general, I have the possibility to have the indicator programmed for another platform, I have more insight in which other indicator may well complement the solution.

I do not want to be depending on a blackbox.

Hello pro,

I think the best person to ask would be the programmer Christopher (by email) who previously also developed the indicators at Trend Following Trades.He is a big exponent of the trend following trading style.I understand your concerns on dependability and the blackbox code.It's the same with my private group with our HFT strats.The programmers and testers have no communication with investors and consequently we have to view the strat code as a blackbox too.If you really want to know what the code is made with then Quantopian's example code should suffice,although I am sure Incubator's code are similar but with more variables.

A simple trading strategy that provides some core mean-reverting properties.

So....

~ If the current price is greater than the upper price channel band ,sell the instrument

~ If the current price is less than the lower price channel band, buy the instrument

And the iBands have to be taken into consideration too, if they are pronosticating a short, neutral or long trend. So based on the current flow of the market, we look for a correlation amongst the three factors and make the proper trade.

The iBands are probably calculated using an average +- multiplier*standard deviation. The average in this case, is calculated by a linear regression curve because a simple moving average is often a lagging indicator and becomes a big problem with long look-back periods.

Playing around with the look-back period can provide some interesting results and should always be tested.

What I have outlined is just a simplistic approach.I am sure Chris does a more advanced job.

Edited by CashManic

Cashmanic, Which settings are you using?

My own settings on iScalper are the default settings as recommended by Incubator.

Watch this as Chris explains some of the settings.

Indicator Incubator - iSCALPER Settings Part 1

<strong>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9YdJOseiU

Cheers mate,:)

http://i62.tinypic.com/29bgfer.jpg

Edited by CashManic

Cashmaniac, I assume the programmer will not reveal his code. I looked around on internet and found JetBrains - an opensource uncompiler. I threw in the indicator and readable source code appeared !! Kind of magic to me.I can not make any sense out of that code. I even do not know if the code is complete or if a decompiler shows you all the original source code. I even do not know if I did the uncompile action correct. Can you make up if there is anything in this source code that tells how the green and red circles are calculated (so we can find out how we can generate the same signal ourselves). Looking to the code I think the bands are TMA related.

Here is the uncompiled indicater as the Jetbrains (it sure has more and better brains than I have )delivers to me.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ll4ts9

The iScalper TMA idea is to consider a channel as a magnet, the further PA move away the faster it will retrace back.

The method was popular around 2009-2012 and slowly vanished.

There is a few reasons. It is not necessarily for PA always to reverse and move through the channel, it depends on volume, momentum, S/R, time, and so on.

The second reason, TMA is a nice repainting indicator and in fast, dynamic conditions it will move like crazy up and down.

In noisy choppy times it also not reliable.

A blast indeed. It will at least give me a chance to take a break from my primary trading income source, HFT strategies, which can get really expensive and if the Incubator strats are really good enough and working fine,then maybe it could replace my current HFT strats. Will have to see.

Yes Chris who will develop all their strategies has said that it will come out only after the public beta of Ninjatrader 8 has been released.Because if not, they will have to convert the strats to NT8. So, as far as that is concerned, probable date would be early 2015.

Upload more videos describing the indicators iBands, iBars and iRenko? Sure but Brad have you checked post #11 on this thread?

I included some YT links there to illustrate the different indis.

Here is the second webinar for you to glean more information from

Indicator Incubator - iSCALPER Webinar 11.05.14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLK0mFx2fNk

Furthermore check your PM Brad

Cheers,

Cash, I doubt any autotrader based on iScalper will make easy money. There's always a rub with these retail autos--either the drawdowns are too large or the system requires ongoing curve fitting (which developers call "improvements." I've tested so many of these, I've lost track and have yet to find one that can stand the test of time.

No harm in wishful thinking, though.

Cash, I doubt any autotrader based on iScalper will make easy money. There's always a rub with these retail autos--either the drawdowns are too large or the system requires ongoing curve fitting (which developers call "improvements." I've tested so many of these, I've lost track and have yet to find one that can stand the test of time.

No harm in wishful thinking, though.

Yes Taka-san you are right off course.But HFT is very stressful and I am hoping this will be an alternative. Guess will just have to test and see with my fingers crossed though.:)>-

Cashmaniac, I assume the programmer will not reveal his code. I looked around on internet and found JetBrains - an opensource uncompiler. I threw in the indicator and readable source code appeared !! Kind of magic to me.I can not make any sense out of that code. I even do not know if the code is complete or if a decompiler shows you all the original source code. I even do not know if I did the uncompile action correct. Can you make up if there is anything in this source code that tells how the green and red circles are calculated (so we can find out how we can generate the same signal ourselves). Looking to the code I think the bands are TMA related.

Here is the uncompiled indicater as the Jetbrains (it sure has more and better brains than I have )delivers to me.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ll4ts9

Hey profile,

Can we see the source code of the indicators feom vendors that provide the indicator packaged in cs and dll file using jetbrain?

Can anyone show me the way to convert those dlls indicator to the native cs files whose codes can be seen and modified? Many thanks

Forexmaniac,

I am not technical. I have no clue how the NT programs work internally. All I did was searching the internet and I found the jetbrains dotpeek free opensource product. On You tube I saw that you can open a DLL and then a cs file appears. If the CS file is 100% complete I do not know. I just see a lot of coded lines and I can not understand what I see in the cs file. Maybe I used the jetbrains wrong or maybe the jetbrains just does not show all the code. I assume there is NT protection somewhere, otherwise everyone can see all the code in a DLL.

Sorry I can not help you out. Think of me as an underaged joy-rider without driving license who happened to jump in a Jetbrains car.

Maybe you can open a separate thread for your question? Perhaps then Indo members with knowledge will see your question.

Here YouTube video

Do not aks me about the video as I do not understand many things the speaker says as I am not a programmer.

It would be awesome if they can show me how the green/red circle signal is done in the iSc@lper product !

Edited by profile