The new Iscalper trading system

hirobo

Darktrader, Well said ! To my best knowledge the bands at time of bar close are equal to WMA band. If you want to see how the bands behaved in the past, well then use an indicator that shows you the traces of the WMA bands in the past ! However, the coloring of the iBands are crucial at time of bar close for entry decision.

So repainting is at iScalper crucial for the entry decision as it influences (to my understanding) the coloring of the bands at time of bar close. But do not look to the bands in charts beyond the current bar as they repaint in position and will make the iScalper look better than the holy grail.

Currently I use this indi for plotting the WMA bands in the past. If anyone has a better one, please share.

https://[email protected]/file/z3lcxd @=a

Let's take this logic a step further.....if you plot the LWMA bands it will plot the TMA non-repainted.....so, what could the develop have done to get rid of the repainting issue...it is a very very simple thing the developer could have done; create a private data series in the script that holds the data of the TMA and bands, which will only hold the value internally and not plot a misleading channel (none of your entries are based on how the band repainted in the past, only the "new" slope, so this is not an issue for trading) and then color the LWMA bands based on the slope of the private data series--repainting issue is now gone. The only reason someone sells something that repaints is to mislead.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jdizzle2, As I understand the repainting contributes to the coloring of the bands at bar close (= entry time decision). So the colors are crucial.

The consequence is that the location of the bands in history are to be ignored for any chart related conclusions.

And yes, you are correct: looking at the repainting of the location of bars is misleading.....

Unfortunately everyone seems focusing to the bars and bands. In my opinion the SIGNALS are important as well as they should represent the better entries.

I still hope anyone has an insight as how the signals are generated and if it would be possible to have an indicator showing the signals in the history (so beyond the few days it plots now)

jdizzle2, As I understand the repainting contributes to the coloring of the bands at bar close (= entry time decision). So the colors are crucial.

The consequence is that the location of the bands in history are to be ignored for any chart related conclusions.

And yes, you are correct: looking at the repainting of the location of bars is misleading.....

Unfortunately everyone seems focusing to the bars and bands. In my opinion the SIGNALS are important as well as they should represent the better entries.

I still hope anyone has an insight as how the signals are generated and if it would be possible to have an indicator showing the signals in the history (so beyond the few days it plots now)

Completely agree (the colors could be coded into the LWMA bands as non repainting, as described above--why would the vendor hide this....). The signals don't repaint, but there needs to be a way to filter them....ppl keep saying to use the band to filter the signals (whether its color and/or positioning), so if non repainting signals, why not non repainting filter. Maybe ppl need to ditch the band altogether and come up with a different filter for the signals.

cashmanic

where is the iscalper settings part 1 video, I searched yt.

My dear Rondo here are the iScalper videos from the site's members area. Please watch and study carefully as apparently you are doing very well in trades using your own initiative,but perhaps you can do better after more video study.

PS:The reason you can't find these videos on YT is because they are meant only for iScalper members and tagged as unlisted and private. To watch iScalper Settings Part 2 please go to post#98. I uploaded it there. Btw Indo only allows one video per post.

SETTINGS Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9YdJOseiU

Edited by CashManic

this system has been around for years, it was called CENTER OF GAVITY...to get the dots a 5 and 13 ema cross was used. some even use others things as repainted...just info, there is also a no repaint for MQ maybe someone can make for ninja. JB COG NO REPAINT-FINISH ..I think all correct from memoryhope this helps

If you plot those EMAs on the chart there would be many more dots. I don't think that's the answer.

The signal code is generated here : ( Az == 0 or 1 ) Slope lookback = 3

private int GetSignal()

{

double num = this.tma[this.AZ] - this.tma[Math.Min(base.CurrentBar, this.AZ + this.slopeLookbackWindow)];

double num1 = this.upperBand[this.AZ];

double num2 = this.lowerBand[this.AZ];

if (((num > 0.0) && (base.Close[this.AZ] < this.lowerBand[this.AZ])) && ((this.DIR[this.AZ] > 0.0) && (this.DIR[this.AZ + 1] < 0.0)))

{

return 10;

}

if (((num > 0.0) && (base.Close[this.AZ] < this.upperBand[this.AZ])) && ((this.DIR[this.AZ] > 0.0) && (this.DIR[this.AZ + 1] < 0.0)))

{

return 1;

}

if (((num < 0.0) && (base.Close[this.AZ] > this.upperBand[this.AZ])) && ((this.DIR[this.AZ] < 0.0) && (this.DIR[this.AZ + 1] > 0.0)))

{

return -10;

}

if (((num < 0.0) && (base.Close[this.AZ] > this.lowerBand[this.AZ])) && ((this.DIR[this.AZ] < 0.0) && (this.DIR[this.AZ + 1] > 0.0)))

{

return -1;

}

return 0;

}

Don't see any mention of EMA in the code.

iScalper Trade Entry Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL07uK8Efik#t=41

Thanks, :)

Cash.

This is what TraderBeauty does every day without the auto signals so I guess it makes the decision a bit easier. But it doesn't include any fib for exit guidance. And one thing I don't understand is why some clear entries don't fire.

A decent tool (in comjunction with RJRS) but not groundbreaking.

This is what TraderBeauty does every day without the auto signals so I guess it makes the decision a bit easier. But it doesn't include any fib for exit guidance. And one thing I don't understand is why some clear entries don't fire.

A decent tool (in comjunction with RJRS) but not groundbreaking.

And that is why Jane doesn't need any "indicator toys". She is already so well versed in her trading methodology, and Fibs that she is able to see her charts with clarity and can find her entries, stop loss and take profit levels in an instant. That is why she makes her deserved moolah but what I admire about her is that she is constantly striving to find a bigger edge to get even better.I can see she is very well adjusted in balancing her trading and other undertakings. A real pro. We can only dream of such lofty aspirations.

Regarding iScalper I previously put the same question to Scott Morris about the signals not printing during legitimate buy/sell setups and he gave me some yarn about iBands correlation,etc.

Bottom line it's not the finished product and methinks better and more efficient programming is needed and probably forthcoming.

If i interpret the logic correctly as programming novice this is purely priceaction based. Works in big swings and when trends begin, but looses money in chops. So this is similar to viper and morning signals. Somehow there has to be some use of volume, as filter to avoid chop and to confirm entry, i believe.

Orfila, If I look to the code you selected for the signal, then I conclude that the signal depends on the behaviour of the bands. Is that assumption correct? Can anyone correct me ?

K33, I find this indicator to work well during sideways choppy markets. It depends on how greedy you are and how you squeeze the settings. In essence: the wider the bands the more (!) signals you get, but the wider bands will protect you in sideways or choppy markets. I usually trade without these holy grail marketed Ninja indicators, but I am very impressed with this one due to its simplicity in all aspects. Only drawback so far is that I do not see how this can be automated so you have to sit and wait for a setup without having a clue when the setup arrives. Kind of Monkey job.

Does anyone know if the color of the bands at bar close can be derived from the indicator? With that knowledge a simple Strategy Wizard may reveal a whole lot more about the potential of this indicator in a Market Replay as one then can test at bar close:

- Dot signal present and type

- Color of bands

- Position of bars compared to bands (WMA at bar close)

- Order entry and non variable exit

So, having the ability to know the color of the bands at bar close would be great to further explore this indicator. If anyone here at Indo can help me (and others looking to this indicator) out?

Do you mean to say in a sideways market it keeps you out of trades but in a trending market gets you in? It's marketed to work best in a trending market with HH, HL, LL, HL.

yamantaka, from what I've seen, when you have a sideways market you get good entries, but on a trending day (HH, HL, LL, HL) you'll get entries but you'll get stopped out because of the strong trend.

Do you mean to say in a sideways market it keeps you out of trades but in a trending market gets you in? It's marketed to work best in a trending market with HH, HL, LL, HL.

Taka-san funny you should mention that. They are now stressing the importance of looking for Pivot highs and lows before entering a respective position,to complement the buy or sell entry.They have a fancy term for Pivots, calling it Geometric Price Patterns Analysis.;))

Here's their vid on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YoKBdwIndw#t=52

http://i59.tinypic.com/ebets4.jpg

Edited by CashManic

Taka-san funny you should mention that. They are now stressing the importance of looking for Pivot highs and lows before entering a respective position,to complement the buy or sell entry.They have a fancy term for Pivots, calling it Geometric Price Patterns Analysis.;))

CashManic your inbox is full