The new Iscalper trading system

hirobo

Mean Reversion Trend Following Core Concepts

ISCALPER "BANNER TUTORIALS"

http://i60.tinypic.com/2n24htx.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/w7k3ra.jpg

No iSCALPER LONG/SHORT signals will ever print outside their respective Upper/Lower domains. No Longs OVER THE IiBANDS UPPER Channel Line and NO Shorts UNDER THE iBANDS LOWER Channel Line.

Optimal trade entries for Shorts = @ The iBANDS Higher Channel Line OR Higher.

Optimal entries for Longs = @The iBANDS Lower Channel Line OR Lower.

Edited by CashManic

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cashmanic

where is the iscalper settings part 1 video, I searched yt. what happens with incresae settings say from 0.8 to 1.1 and settings of 56 to 71 or lower. In honesty I did not watch videos extensively but I had tf chart with 0.8 and 1.1 and imo 1.1 was much better. I was using tmaperiod 56, can somebody enlighten me on purpose of these two settings and effect of changes on the chart.

I spent a great deal of time today watching TF and CL and I do think this method has merit. If you listen to the videos Cash recently posted, Chris advocates a 2-1 RR. I don't think you can make money in the long run if your RR is less than 1-1.

The more you watch, the easier it is to spot entries that have a much higher chance of succeeding than those that don't. Catch a few winners a day and quit. Increase your position size as your account grows.

I do notice that some signals just blow through the entry and chasing makes no sense; so there may be an opportunity for using the method in auto trade mode. I was taking trades in SIM and put a Limit at the top of the signal bar. You'd be surprised how often price comes back to the entry.

My early impressions are good and I will spend more time looking at this.

Edited by yamantaka

@rondonelli

here are the settings video's part1 and part2 you asked for:

https://[email protected]/file/nd2ow5

https://[email protected]/file/n0o0pr

I'm looking for the tma band indicator you mentioned in your posts. can you pls. upload the indicator or the link where i can get it

Cheers,

Ganymed

Happened to find this site and the guy had tremendous success with iScalper during his trial while he was forward testing the system on TF. He gives his opinion and shows all his forward testing videos of iScalper.

http://www.empireambition.com/2014/10/i-scalper-trading-review.html

Playback .

As some of us concluded: the system looks nice at first sight. But we need further investigation. It would be great if we can look further back in time to see how the system behaves with Market Replay.

The system has 3 components:

- signals

- bars

- bands

Signals.

Signals are the red and green dots.

I am still curious if someone is able to explain how the signals are generated.

The signals should be played back correctly.

Bars.

There are plenty of bar types around. For the time being I stick to the iScalper ones as they are part of the system. The bars should playback correctly.

Bands.

Does anyone know how to capture the color of the iScalper band at time of bar close? Will the capture work on market replay?

Signals.

Signals are the red and green dots.

I am still curious if someone is able to explain how the signals are generated.

profile, if you are a trial member, you can always ask Chris in your members backend, technical support or at any of their webinars.I believe Chris has already given many hints in the past of the mechanics of iScalper signal generation.

I myself, if I see the iBARS paintbar painting red and making a downward movement towards the iBAND channel AFTER prices have made a HH or LH AND the iBANDS is showing RED,I will go ahead and take a short trade (2 cars)with SL at the previous pivot and TP at the iBANDS Lower channel line for the 1st contract and the second contract to trail potential runners.Vice versa for Longs.Most of the iScalper system is meant for the Quick and dirty style of trading making multiple trades per day.

Edited by Darktrader

Happened to find this site and the guy had tremendous success with iScalper during his trial while he was forward testing the system on TF. He gives his opinion and shows all his forward testing videos of iScalper.

http://www.empireambition.com/2014/10/i-scalper-trading-review.html

Nice find. Most of the other "review" sites were clearly affiliates giving their opinions and no videos of them showing any forward testing during live market hours.

Nice find. Most of the other "review" sites were clearly affiliates giving their opinions and no videos of them showing any forward testing during live market hours.

I could only make it through about 10 minutes on the first video.....he shows a big portion of the day and then says take trades when the close is near the top of the band or middle, but we are looking at a repainted band.....the next long setup he shows, there are three setups near each other, skips the first two and moves to the third which was a winner.......continue a few more minutes and he is talking you through trades on a repainted channel....a few more minutes in the video, we scroll past a lot of losers to more winners....now for the live trade, he starts recording once he is in profit and during the lunch hour which he just said not to trade and that's why he didn't talk about a bunch of losers....other videos I browsed and they were about the same. Point is, be weary of this review.

Two trades today made 24 ticks, done for the day, but something I noticed is heavy repainting issue, first trade at 10:14 was barely touching lower band when I took it but after sometime it appears to be well below the lower band, second trade was perfect at 10:22, another repainting was short at 10:05. I swear i saw red band but was far below upper band but after sometime it appeared to be touching the upper band and in hindsight I should have taken it but in reality it was not a trade. Did somebody notice it

http://s22.postimg.org/5w339es8x/TF_12_14_9_i_Renko_12_3_2014.jpg

picture share

Here is another idea of trading with trend using bands, been watching it for two days but made no trades yet, it kind of solves repainting issue, clean look and small stops.

I have to see it for the next few days live. It requires ibands, kp powerbars, kpscorecard color.

Ibands settings parameters section from top to bottom 1.8,100,2000,false,false,0,56,0.5

kp powerbars 8,2 for russell

two kind of trades

(1) Trend trades, when market in trend buy or sell at the high or low of the candle closing outside the band or first blue or red bar, stop should be 3 ticks below the entry candle

(2) Lonesome trade as described by kwikpop trading room, it is just one or two candles of opposite color in a trend, buy at the high or short at the low of recent high or low.

screenshot with possible trades are marked. comments are welcome.rule#1 don't forget about sound money management

cheers

http://s7.postimg.org/rzyad4p57/TF_12_14_KP_Dynamic_Power_Bars_8_2_12_3_2014.jpg' alt='TF_12_14_KP_Dynamic_Power_Bars_8_2_12_3_2014.jpg'> image upload with preview[/img]

Edited by rondonelli

I could only make it through about 10 minutes on the first video.....he shows a big portion of the day and then says take trades when the close is near the top of the band or middle, but we are looking at a repainted band.....the next long setup he shows, there are three setups near each other, skips the first two and moves to the third which was a winner.......continue a few more minutes and he is talking you through trades on a repainted channel....a few more minutes in the video, we scroll past a lot of losers to more winners....now for the live trade, he starts recording once he is in profit and during the lunch hour which he just said not to trade and that's why he didn't talk about a bunch of losers....other videos I browsed and they were about the same. Point is, be weary of this review.

Beware is an understatement. 99% of his videos are recorded and edited while he's taking SIM trades. He's in the business of getting commissions from his affiliate deals--that's why he keeps telling you to use the links on his page.

Two trades today made 24 ticks, done for the day, but something I noticed is heavy repainting issue, first trade at 10:14 was barely touching lower band when I took it but after sometime it appears to be well below the lower band, second trade was perfect at 10:22, another repainting was short at 10:05. I swear i saw red band but was far below upper band but after sometime it appeared to be touching the upper band and in hindsight I should have taken it but in reality it was not a trade. Did somebody notice it

http://s22.postimg.org/5w339es8x/TF_12_14_9_i_Renko_12_3_2014.jpg

picture share

I noticed. The bands in terms of color and location are a moving target. This, of course, makes trades IN HINDSIGHT look picture perfect, but while trying to trade live, it's not anywhere near as clear and a judgement call has to be made.

so am I correct in saying the band repaints?

tellme, Chris has addressed this repainting issue in one of the webinars.According to him it was by design and programmed that way because of the transitory nature of the markets and orderflow,it has to "repaint"as the marlets are always changing. So in order to depict the correct "tide" of the market, it must repaint,so naturally in that regard you cannot always have an accurate snapshot of past happenings but if you look at the right edge,in live markets it will always tell you where the market is for the here and now which matters most for any trader.

Darktrader, Well said ! To my best knowledge the bands at time of bar close are equal to WMA band. If you want to see how the bands behaved in the past, well then use an indicator that shows you the traces of the WMA bands in the past ! However, the coloring of the iBands are crucial at time of bar close for entry decision.

So repainting is at iScalper crucial for the entry decision as it influences (to my understanding) the coloring of the bands at time of bar close. But do not look to the bands in charts beyond the current bar as they repaint in position and will make the iScalper look better than the holy grail.

Currently I use this indi for plotting the WMA bands in the past. If anyone has a better one, please share.

https://[email protected]/file/z3lcxd @=a

Edited by profile
add indi