[Req] Educate r@ptor trading system from indic@torwarehouse

rondonelli

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A review of the DTS Hawk. I like this system but it's lacking in the accuracy department. Running it through the backtester it has a negative outcome and just isn't profitable to trade every signal blindly. The basic premise of this system is a 2 EMA stack that should put you on the right side of the market. It uses a T3 version of 50SMA and 20SMA. If 20 above 50 then it spits out buy signals whenever the renko reverses from down to up... essentially looking for pullback continuations. Too many signals makes it a confusing proposition. I took the idea and coded it up for MT4 adding a CCI to only generate signals after a decent pullback which removed the 1 bar down 1 up flips. This missed out on a lot of momentum moves that just don't pullback until its over. So added a breakout system. I think my system is better but there is still something missing. In fact all indicator based systems like this fail to incorporate market sentiment, liquidity levels, S&R... stuff that really matters. IMO focusing on these other factors first will give you better trade locations and then use the renko signals for entries. Edited by keifer

keifer

thank you so much for your review.

imho- all mechanical systems based on historical bars are lagging and cannot adapt to volatility.

the only way to succeed is to watch each leg and analyze the price action- meaning as long as you have stair step up just go long- as long as you have fib extensions- the moment there is a mechanical divergence- meaning previous high was only broken by a tick or two then stay out of it.

this is something that simple systems cannot deal with.

they are all exactly the same- nexgen, kwik pop blue wave rampage- they will kill you and rain your account to zero.

jane

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi Admis

I have already tried that. As per Laser1000it, I am getting the same errors.

Thanks

This project has almost a year now and I don't remember the details. The more, I've never used it. Without the specific description of issues I can't help. Before Saturday I'm not in a position to check it out again. Please keep in mind - a minimum of IT knowledge is required to play the "edu games".

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...