The box

yamantaka

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote numerous times I created an ATS of the box. I also wrote it's not for sale. I also wrote if you have the source code for the indicator and you want an autotrader, hire a competent Ninjascript consultant to create one that's right for you. I will not write this again.

Hi sorry for thiss, ok don't worry thank you again

Here is a coder who works for some big trading companies....he does NOT want his name known. But this is his offer. If anyone can think of other specs that are needed. The backtester is a seperate .cs. We can get as many ppl. together for one price-he's ok with that. He has done an auto trader for a few larger firms and he has done a good job, that's how I found him. Let me know what you think. BTW...I told him I want no $$ from this-just a free trader, I would have to provide support thru him. Spec links: http://www.sendspace.com/file/t9jfr8

BTW...just so I would not mess it up...the txt file was given directly to me from the coder. So, again if anyone can see anything else that is needed.....let me know

Hoping to get 10-12 so the cost is very low. He did give us a break on the historical trader, his original price for it was $700US on top of the $1200US. I thought it would save a lot of time...for different markets testing for min. cost..

Edited by tradernate

I don't understand why can't it be done easily as a simple strategy that takes trade signal from PPTBox, feed it to a simple ATM strategy that has just one target and one stop.

I am not a programmer, but I think that such simple strategy could be easily done through Ninjatrader strategy wizard, or just few lines of codes from scratch, by someone who knows ninjascript.

Here is a coder who works for some big trading companies....he does NOT want his name known. But this is his offer. If anyone can think of other specs that are needed. The backtester is a seperate .cs. We can get as many ppl. together for one price-he's ok with that. He has done an auto trader for a few larger firms and he has done a good job, that's how I found him. Let me know what you think. BTW...I told him I want no $$ from this-just a free trader, I would have to provide support thru him. Spec links: http://www.sendspace.com/file/t9jfr8

BTW...just so I would not mess it up...the txt file was given directly to me from the coder. So, again if anyone can see anything else that is needed.....let me know

Hoping to get 10-12 so the cost is very low. He did give us a break on the historical trader, his original price for it was $700US on top of the $1200US. I thought it would save a lot of time...for different markets testing for min. cost..

yep good idea

User33...its not simple....how many people code in NT and have the ATM clean code that is tested. and make sure its works in RT with no issues. I am learning code...theres lot to it....it just takes time. Just getting the C## syntax down is a job in it self. The you have to test the code using print statement to see what is happening under the code to see that the output is perfect. If someone can do it and guarantee it then someone else can do it. the issue is the box is commercial code...that adds another layer...all by itself.-Nate

I am only offering one solution...but we had almost all our coders go since they knew Elg...would bring more problems along with his huge trading numbers he stated....I am pretty sure that is why his thread was pulled...now we have less resourses ourselves because of it.

I don't understand why can't it be done easily as a simple strategy that takes trade signal from PPTBox, feed it to a simple ATM strategy that has just one target and one stop.

I am not a programmer, but I think that such simple strategy could be easily done through Ninjatrader strategy wizard, or just few lines of codes from scratch, by someone who knows ninjascript.

Edited by tradernate

enzofax, it's up to each trader to learn if there's any value to this thread. I shared something that has value to me. You can either chuck it or perhaps find it useful. Arrogance has nothing to with it.

Yamantaka,

We know you are a father with great responsibilities. You have done for this group more than most. There will always be ingrates who think the world owes them something. They comprise the 90%+ of failures. I am confident that I speak for many here when I say that we are very grateful for all of the valuable time you have taken to share your success with us. Please continue to do so as time allows.

May you and yours be blessed.

W.

I am okay with small fee, max 50 bucks guy.

The thing I dont understand is that what is so special about this freaking Box? If it is just the rectangle breakout then we can do without it also. Just identify consolidation then buy/sell the breakout.If it got stopped out then reverse when it crosses back the other side. This semms to me what this box does. Am I missing something here?

Guest gavetso

GUYS I WILL POST IN SOME DAYS WHOLE ABOUT PPBOX INDICATORS STRAT AND WHOLE FREE BUT OUTSIDE HERE

REASON? 1st ppbox is a comertial product

second i make some modifications to keep copiright outside original indicator third here is priate site and arrogant cave wait for my message

GUYS I WILL POST IN SOME DAYS WHOLE ABOUT PPBOX INDICATORS STRAT AND WHOLE FREE BUT OUTSIDE HERE

second i make some modifications to keep copiright outside original indicator third here is priate site and arrogant cave wait for my message

Awesome, gavetso.Looking forward to it.Please update us here when your site is done.Thanks

@4xmaniac....no that is about it. What it does it allows you to trade at 75% or more, and on volatile products. What I would like to see, is the backtester so it can be figured out when to trade the highest contracts and the best times. Would love to trade the gold with consistancy, all the breakout and trending products. This summer would like to trade the EMD with its big spread, but it trends on BO...that's me.

I am okay with small fee, max 50 bucks guy.

The thing I dont understand is that what is so special about this freaking Box? If it is just the rectangle breakout then we can do without it also. Just identify consolidation then buy/sell the breakout.If it got stopped out then reverse when it crosses back the other side. This semms to me what this box does. Am I missing something here?

Wish I had a PIP for every time you've said that and not delivered. Perhaps this time you will actually do it and get banned.

W

I am only offering one solution...but we had almost all our coders go since they knew Elg...would bring more problems along with his huge trading numbers he stated....I am pretty sure that is why his thread was pulled...now we have less resourses ourselves because of it.

Nate, could you elaborate on that? Not sure what you mean by that

User33...its not simple....how many people code in NT and have the ATM clean code that is tested. and make sure its works in RT with no issues. I am learning code...theres lot to it....it just takes time. Just getting the C## syntax down is a job in it self. The you have to test the code using print statement to see what is happening under the code to see that the output is perfect. If someone can do it and guarantee it then someone else can do it. the issue is the box is commercial code...that adds another layer...all by itself.-Nate

I concur its not as easy as it looks. I coded a strategy for my friend with simple rules: look at multi timeframes, determine if price is above/below certain price, look at the previous+current candles, read values from multiple indicators, place orders, etc. Simple as cake (on paper at least.) It went from a few weeks to almost 4 months. Finally it got it working but only got 60% profit with little/no room for flexibility. Most of the time it was just learning how to call NT code (which is another learning curve.)

I concur its not as easy as it looks. I coded a strategy for my friend with simple rules: look at multi timeframes, determine if price is above/below certain price, look at the previous+current candles, read values from multiple indicators, place orders, etc. Simple as cake (on paper at least.) It went from a few weeks to almost 4 months. Finally it got it working but only got 60% profit with little/no room for flexibility. Most of the time it was just learning how to call NT code (which is another learning curve.)

This one is different, it is indeed the simplest strategy one can think of:

1. read the signal triggered from PPTBOX

2. send the market order to Ninjatrader

3.the order has one fixed target and one fixed stop

that's all we need to get started, we will be able to let it trade in real time, then by the end of the day, we can just go to performance summary tab and get the performance matrix, cannot be simpler than this can it?

in your experience, how much work will this simple strategy require?

Edited by user33