The box

yamantaka

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I check if the value of variable0 is not equal to a Mid of the Box. No matter what the initial value (or non value ?) of variable0 is, I know it is not equal to the Mid of the Box.

2. Then (if also other conditions are met), I assign to Variable0 the value of the then actual Mid of the then current Box.

With the above logic I can check if a new Box has been created and as such I also only take the first trade related to any Box. It works as a charm. I was brought to the idea by Yamantaka who apparently has this built in his AutoStrategy.

But my original question was just on the set target issue.

I'm not sure if I understand properly your intension related to Mid_Box. If you'are going to control/check if a new box is created it is enough to check current/previous bar of mid levels, for example:

PPTBoxSLsig().Box_Mid[0] != PPTBoxSLsig().Box_Mid[1]

If they are different it means a new box has been created. No need to use any additional variables.

MANUAL

Enzo, I like your posts even if you're sometimes disappointed. But belive me, they are mostly like puzzles to solve. Personally I don't get your current idea...I guess it's problem with the language, so maybe it's better idea to use sometimes google translator and don't care about a grammar.

Cheers and keep smiling!:) (continuare a sorridere);)

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20140414-pikd-77kb.jpg

Hello Friend Admin

you're right I do not understand

I'm working manually, and that's okay

A U G U R I

Thanks for sharing you trades. Do you mean you don't use the strategy to auto enter and exit trades? you enter after the signal showed on the chart, how about your exits? how do you manually determine your exit price?

Hello Friend Admin

you're right I do not understand

I'm working manually, and that's okay

A U G U R I

Thanks, I understood using a google translator: AUGURI = BEST WISHES

One advice: If you are trading manually, maybe it would be convenient to you, make changes in a box of parameters:

$6. Target 5 (618): 100

Un consiglio: se si sta operando manualmente, forse sarebbe conveniente per voi, apportare modifiche in una scatola di parametri:

It's the same version as previously shared with one exception:

targets can be assigned from a strategy as parameters. New name of this indicator and form of calling:

PPTBoxSigLev(int target1, int target2, int target3, int target4, int target5)

Example of usage:

if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)

{

if (PPTBoxSigLev(162, 233,377, 512, 618).Box_Signal[0] == 1)

{

EnterLong(DefaultQuantity, "");

}

if (PPTBoxSigLev(162, 233,377, 512, 618).Box_Signal[0] == -1)

{

EnterShort(DefaultQuantity, "");

}

}

You have to adapt your current strategies to the new name and parameters or use a previous release: PPTBoxSLsig() if you're not interested in a new feature introduced.

The file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0mogsn

pass ... as usual

P.S. This is my last release of this tweaked indicator. Now you can spend even 10k$ on a strategy development or ask yourself if it's worth ...

Wow admis. Your ability and skill with the Ninjatrader Strategy Wizard/Condition Builder is most impressive! Thank you for sharing your work/ideas and skills. :)

Wow admis. Your ability and skill with the Ninjatrader Strategy Wizard/Condition Builder is most impressive! Thank you for sharing your work/ideas and skills. :)

Thank you Darktrader for your nice words, but believe me it is very basic level of programming. A long way to start talking about really tough cases. Small example: now we are talking about opening orders, logics, how to setup profit and losses, but there is no question how to check if an order was really opened, how many contracts was filled, what to do with the resting orders and so on...

P.S. In reality I have very limited experience with a strategy builder because I prefer to write directly in C#. Much quicker.;)

Edited by admis

Hi Guys!

Greeting to all participants!

Nice to see all of you at the thread, who participated in the nearest past in the very popular thread of the forum!

Hope the thread will bring new ideas and methods to be profitable at the market.

Personally I tried to check in the past strategy connected to “box” trading, but could not manage it. Firstly I faced the strategy at below thread, perhaps where could be get some ideas:

http://###.trade2win.c0m/boards/forex/153716-bob-volman-price-action-scalping-356.html

Here some testresults for TF 06-14 over 4 trading weeks using Market Replay http://hidemyass.com/img/Q3fJ0/

So no backtest results as these are highly unreliable and makes me everytime a member of the fortune 500.

The realized numbers vary hugely intraday. So a test where one would stop trading after e.g. $100 profit would be interesting.

Please be aware of the following:

- Stoploss is different ticks for all tests (I take chart ticks times 1,5 - so e.g. renkoHybrid chart of 4 ticks has stoploss of 4 times 1,5 = 6). Minimum stoploss is 5.

- One contract

- Test ran on Market replay data over timeframe March 17 to including April 11

- Trading only between GMT +01:00 between 08:00 and 20:00

- Any running trade will be exited at GMT +01:00 at 21:30

- No costs are included in results

- In test all trades are taken from the Box. So the first trade is taken either short or long, the second etc. until a new Box forms

- Target is the first target as calculated by the Box (blue line)

Question: Who else did testing and can recommend instrument(s), chartype(s) and testsettings (e.g. where stoploss, targets, take all trades or just the first from the box etc.)

Hi thx , but pic too small, resize please

Trading1903

We are here to share and to help eachother.

Here the strategy, but now with the stoploss set at the other end of the Box. In other words: at short trade, the stoploss is the toplevel of the Box.

Looking forward to your testresults and suggestions for instruments and yesy settings!

http://hidemyass.com/files/AV70R/

What is the largest stop you encountered when placing the it at the opposite side of the box?

Trading1903

We are here to share and to help eachother.

Here the strategy, but now with the stoploss set at the other end of the Box. In other words: at short trade, the stoploss is the toplevel of the Box.

Looking forward to your testresults and suggestions for instruments and yesy settings!

http://hidemyass.com/files/AV70R/

I'm really glad to see you've moved into a c# sources!

Yamantaka:

Question: Some boxes do not display the target levels (e.g. first target is the dotted blue line). How do you handle those for trading? How can you recognize if a box has no targets plotted on the chart? The 27 ticks Stoploss was actually hit at a box with no levels plotted.

Edited by westvleteren