REQ: Trading123.net

yamantaka

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember testing the trading 123 set- its bs as all of them.

all based on delayed moving averages- it will work on a very long and strong move but trade it on a choppy sideways day and your are dead.

if you have a good reliable care - why would you replace it with a pair of broken bicycle lol

• 1 month later...
Guest FloridaTrader
Adt was warned to not make frivolous postings and to read the forum rules. Apparently a common sense error was made and Adt failed to heed the warning. His postings were removed and infraction was received. If he continues to post irresponsibly, he will be banned. Please let me know if we receive another repeated offense my friends.

Adt was warned to not make frivolous postings and to read the forum rules. Apparently a common sense error was made and Adt failed to heed the warning. His postings were removed and infraction was received. If he continues to post irresponsibly, he will be banned. Please let me know if we receive another repeated offense my friends.

Thanks friend, as always on time, good luck!........=D>

Edited by snaiper-x1

• 6 months later...

How Market Cycle works... As price makes a new H, HH is printed on screen. If price keeps going up then the HH keeps moving up with price. This is a form of Re-Painting. Once the price starts going down then the HH is then locked in and no longer moves. This is what the vendor explained to me.

Can some one repost the educated versions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
How Market Cycle works... As price makes a new H, HH is printed on screen. If price keeps going up then the HH keeps moving up with price. This is a form of Re-Painting. Once the price starts going down then the HH is then locked in and no longer moves. This is what the vendor explained to me.

Can some one repost the educated versions?

Thanks

Yes Joe essentially that's what he replied when asked if the arrows will print on the HH, LL pivot bar right after it closes.But what do you think Joe, in a purely discretionary manner, once a pivot high or low bar is found,if we used NDT to sell or buy at the close of the bar? Because trade execution will only occur if the trade direction is in our favor but automatically cancelled if it does not. What do you think Joe?

Any ideas on NDT's value with News breakout trades?

Edited by CashManic

CashManic, The way I would see it is: The only way MC could be helpful is...

(1) Price is going up and making HH(Higher Highs)

(2) Price starts coming down enough that the HH stays put on the screen

(3) Now Sell the Previous Low - <x> number of ticks..{x = 10}? This would help prevent false breakouts/breakdowns

nothing is 100%. There will still be losers.

(4) Trading this way, you would have to figure out Stops and Targets and Money Management.

(5) NDT: I was thinking in reference to (3) It breaks the low by 10 ticks, then NDT could automatically wait for it to retrace back up 3 tics for example....then go Short

thus lowering Risk.

"Joe, in a purely discretionary manner, once a pivot high or low bar is found,if we used NDT to sell or buy at the close of the bar? Because trade execution will only occur if the trade direction is in our favor but automatically cancelled if it does not. What do you think Joe?"

I do not believe this would work, since the HH keeps repainting until the price starts going down. If you waited for the price to go down 5 ticks off of the HH for instance....that would highly likely be a false brakedown...and the price might be likely to continue up and then the HH would erase and move up with price.

This is a very Lagging indicator, since it repaints....keeps moving up as new highs makes the current H a the new HH.

The main value I see in this indicator is that it plots on the screen the HH, LL, HL, LH ,DT, DB. These can only be used to help to visually recognize these events after the fact. That is why the only way I see it being possibly valuable in Real Trading is as I mentioned in 1-5 above.

Another possibility:

(a) Price is going up and makes new HH

(b) Price starts going down and makes new HL

© Price goes back up and makes LH

(d) Sell when Price goes back down below HL by {x} number of ticks

this is just a more accurate representation of 1-5

This would be retracement and momentum trading combined.

When price makes HH, then HL, then LH (this would be the retracement).

Next, when price takes out that HL that would be a momentum trade.

That is the way that I see it.

What are your thoughts?

Example on {Crude Oil}{5 tick renko bar, assume price must go up 2 ticks to form a new bar in same direction} of how HH moves is this:

(1) Price reaches 50.52 this is a Higher High, on the screen you would see 50.52 HH

(2) Now price goes up and reaches 50.54, on the screen the HH would erase/repaint to the new price of 50.54 HH

(3) Now price goes up and reaches 50.56, on the screen the HH would erase/repaint to the new price of 50.56 HH

(4) Now price goes up and reaches 50.58, on the screen the HH would erase/repaint to the new price of 50.58 HH

This would continue until the High is locked in by the price retracing (not sure by how much it has to retrace to lock in the HH)

CashManic, The way I would see it is: The only way MC could be helpful is...

(1) Price is going up and making HH(Higher Highs)

(2) Price starts coming down enough that the HH stays put on the screen

(3) Now Sell the Previous Low - <x> number of ticks..{x = 10}? This would help prevent false breakouts/breakdowns

nothing is 100%. There will still be losers.

(4) Trading this way, you would have to figure out Stops and Targets and Money Management.

(5) NDT: I was thinking in reference to (3) It breaks the low by 10 ticks, then NDT could automatically wait for it to retrace back up 3 tics for example....then go Short

thus lowering Risk.

"Joe, in a purely discretionary manner, once a pivot high or low bar is found,if we used NDT to sell or buy at the close of the bar? Because trade execution will only occur if the trade direction is in our favor but automatically cancelled if it does not. What do you think Joe?"

I do not believe this would work, since the HH keeps repainting until the price starts going down. If you waited for the price to go down 5 ticks off of the HH for instance....that would highly likely be a false brakedown...and the price might be likely to continue up and then the HH would erase and move up with price.

This is a very Lagging indicator, since it repaints....keeps moving up as new highs makes the current H a the new HH.

The main value I see in this indicator is that it plots on the screen the HH, LL, HL, LH ,DT, DB. These can only be used to help to visually recognize these events after the fact. That is why the only way I see it being possibly valuable in Real Trading is as I mentioned in 1-5 above.

Another possibility:

(a) Price is going up and makes new HH

(b) Price starts going down and makes new HL

© Price goes back up and makes LH

(d) Sell when Price goes back down below HL by {x} number of ticks

this is just a more accurate representation of 1-5

This would be retracement and momentum trading combined.

When price makes HH, then HL, then LH (this would be the retracement).

Next, when price takes out that HL that would be a momentum trade.

That is the way that I see it.

What are your thoughts?

Example on {Crude Oil}{5 tick renko bar, assume price must go up 2 ticks to form a new bar in same direction} of how HH moves is this:

(1) Price reaches 50.52 this is a Higher High, on the screen you would see 50.52 HH

(2) Now price goes up and reaches 50.54, on the screen the HH would erase/repaint to the new price of 50.54 HH

(3) Now price goes up and reaches 50.56, on the screen the HH would erase/repaint to the new price of 50.56 HH

(4) Now price goes up and reaches 50.58, on the screen the HH would erase/repaint to the new price of 50.58 HH

This would continue until the High is locked in by the price retracing (not sure by how much it has to retrace to lock in the HH)

Thanks Joe, you have dissected the pros and cons of this methodology with the NDT and intraday pivots, with excellent clarity.Looks like the outcome will probably be more risk rather than reward. Nicely done mate.

You have also pinponted the main fallibility in these pivot point trading systems, the fact that one can never know when a final high or low is struck,thus the continuous repainting that occurs.which can lead to erroneous trading and eventually to losses.

You have reminded us that one has to be careful not to be suckered in by indicators and add-ons that have the apparent ability to make muti-faceted trades on an intrabar, because one has to also have an understanding of the underlying nature of the indicators being used. Ohhh the deceptive and hidden pitfalls of futures trading. Good job Joe. Rep and thanks for you.:)

Edited by CashManic

• 2 months later...

So, can you recommen a better trading system which can avoid the choppy area?

Thanks.

i remember testing the trading 123 set- its bs as all of them.

all based on delayed moving averages- it will work on a very long and strong move but trade it on a choppy sideways day and your are dead.

if you have a good reliable care - why would you replace it with a pair of broken bicycle lol

the only way to avoid and prevent chop is to follow and watch every single leg in real time.

but it seems to me that most of the people here prefer to look for a magic indicator that will do the job for them.

TB i'm still waiting for a nice video tutorial in which you explain your way of trading

thoroughly and clearly. :)

I'm sure i'm not the only one who waits for this.

TB i'm still waiting for a nice video tutorial in which you explain your way of trading

I am with you this Master :) . And then we can start paying TB instead of spending money on worthless indicators :) .

Right you are mastertrader and lululee. A TB tutorial webinar will be highly anticipated!:)

will try to do something- problem is i full time trade for living -

started to trade the CL now using my method - never thought that the cl would follow fibs and price action- working only with limit orders 9 not for stops of course ) and many times hitting tops and bottoms to the tick. average stop on cl is only few ticks .and all that with no indicators at all- all i use is a renko spectrum 1-1 , 3 tick chart and a 1 minute chart with volume- nothing else at all.

bottom line- at the end of the day i am done- no energy to post and explain.

i will do my best to post in the future.

take care

jane

Hi TB. Is the pure renko system better than Jay Signal System? How is the result?

Jay Signal repaints, for its symrenko bar. Thanks.

Mike

will try to do something- problem is i full time trade for living -

started to trade the CL now using my method - never thought that the cl would follow fibs and price action- working only with limit orders 9 not for stops of course ) and many times hitting tops and bottoms to the tick. average stop on cl is only few ticks .and all that with no indicators at all- all i use is a renko spectrum 1-1 , 3 tick chart and a 1 minute chart with volume- nothing else at all.

bottom line- at the end of the day i am done- no energy to post and explain.

i will do my best to post in the future.

take care

jane

Hi TB. Is the pure renko system better than Jay Signal System? How is the result?

Jay Signal repaints, for its symrenko bar. Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike.

Jay signal is a cute system, but only cute- no more no less.I would definitely not trade my account live with it or lets say solely based on its signals.

I was watching JS for a long time on ES only live- real time - no repainting etc.Some of the signals are good - enough to keep us interested but many are bad losers.

Lets ask ourselves how does JS work, lets look into the box or behind the screen.

JS is a crude way of trading with the trend which is a perfect way to trade but...

JS has the black line which is a long term moving average combined with some support -resistance.Once this line is broken the trend direction has changed.Now JS will wait for a retracement , it places its magic elipse which is a ****** 61.8% fib retracement ( thats all it is ) totally ignoring all the situations where the market only retraces to 50 or 38 etc.

Once he gets a deep enough retracement which will trigger an overbought-orversold ( you can use any indicator for that ) that is when you get these big red or blue huge dots which display a POTENTIAL to go in but not necessary yet.Once the market goes back and continue with the original direction ( with the trend ) after 2 bars as in almost any other software that calculates a pivot it gives you these magic green-red arrows that only appear in real time and will consume you computer resources.

The idea is good and well thought but... ( always a but ).

The thick black line which is the heart of the system gets chopped very easily.Its too rigid and too depend on very short term conditions without any WHOLE PICTURE SIGHT, which causes it to flip between long and short very fast and many times too soon.

If the market is running fast and strong with a big legs which happens many times when volatility is high then a 78 fib retracement will be read by JS as a reversal etc.

The idea is nice and cute - but no more.You can do the same just using your eyes and a simple fib tool- and the most important tool in ninja....please scroll down...

YOUR BRAIN.

No indicator will beat your simple way of thought , at least non of the commercial available ones that we have here.

After watching JS for few weeks i formally without any ceremony i just dumped it and threw it away, you will get much better results using a moving average lol.

Take care my friends and hope that this will help, at least some of you.

Force yourself to use as less indicators as possible, even none or maybe just very few, then hide your right side screen and start to move your chart slowly- then try to decide if you go long or short- no need for replay etc.

just put a moving average to give you the market direction, put navi bars and navi trend and after few hours of this practice you will understand that there is no need for all these expensive complicated indicators.

Traderbeauty-Jane