(REQ) Bloodhound sharkindicators

Livermore

Hello all,

Can someone assist in educating the current version of BH?

Here is the link to the trial file.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nv03w3

https://www.4shared.com/file/SqpFjf_sei/SharkIndicators_Installer12336.html

I ma editingg this post I looked backwards throu this thread and seems only couple people were able to achieve this task one being seems a very valued member who is no longer here by the name admis, hope someone is able to share there expertise and educate these files? Who knows what us peeps are able to come up with using this???

TIA for anyone that will help

Edited by lottery

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I stand corrected then. When I first played with the trial a couple of years ago, I thought it was really good. But the main problem I found as I worked more with it was that I could write 2 lines of C# code to decide to enter a trade on any signal I wanted and it was easy to do whether it was on a bar close or on whatever incoming tick I decided on and a lot faster in execution overall. They have a lot of layers of code to produce a tool that nice for someone who doesn't know how to write C# code so it becomes computationally intensive in real-time when running on many charts. Edited by lbf4223

I was asked in a private message how to setup a couple lines of code in a NinjaScript Strategy to decide when a signal or combination of signals is valid to enter a trade.

If I get 10 Thanks to this message, I will post a short tutorial in the NinjaScript forum on how I create C# code templates to organize a Strategy. I'll do something simple like buy/sell when price closes above/below a moving average and then extend it to wait until price first closes through a moving average and then buy/sell on a pullback to that moving average. From that example, you will learn how to create a signal for either a bar close or any real-time tick coming into your Strategy and that should be enough to get you started coding your own ideas just by adding your code to specific sections.

If I get an overwhelming POSITIVE response from that, I will show you how to make your own popup Strategy options window so you can turn on and off many different signals in real-time from within one Strategy. This has real value to a discretionary trader who has a bunch of different ways to enter a trade and wants to quickly switch between them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when I played around with the BloodHound trial a few years ago, I did not see a way to setup a BH visual template where I could take trades based on bar closes AND on a tick-by-tick basis within the same template. That is, once you set CalculateOnBarClose to false, you are in tick-by-tick mode to take trading signals but have lost the ability to trade bar closes also. This is certainly not the case in NinjaScript because all I have to do is put all of the bar close logic within an "if (FirstTickOfBar) { }" statement. If I'm wrong, that's really funny because it led me to come up with what I plan on showing you because it's fast, organized and easy to understand once you see what's going on.

Eventually, I can show you how to have your Strategy add to winners. I'm sorry, but I will never ever show anyone in code how to setup multiple targets to exit a trade. I believe in all-in/all-out with trading futures and adding to winners as they gain momentum because it is to your mathematical advantage to do one of these 2 basic methods. Adding to an initial losing position to get an average loss going forward, hoping it turns into a winner or starting with a heavy position and then lightening it more and more as you become more profitable makes no mathematical sense to me. I have spent enough time in my life in miserable futures positions to support my opinion.

One last thing:

If you want professional quality coding than you go with people who spend the majority of their time developing and testing software and you pay them (not to be confused with people who actually trade successfully because those kinds of people usually don't 9 times out of 10). I'm focused on trading so I don't go above and beyond what I need in my own code to get something very specific to function. Software products have to please a very wide audience. I have the luxury of being able to code only what I want. Big difference, so please, no negativity because I know this will take hours and hours of my time to present to you the template of logic to make any signal easy to add to an existing Strategy once it's setup with "boilerplate code".

BTW, on a completely separate topic, if anyone here has an original 5.2 version of an old NinjaTrader install file (.msi file), I would be very greatful if you posted a link to it. I've searched all over and couldn't find one.

Edited by lbf4223

Okay then, 10+ thanks, so I'll start putting together the information I promised and post it in the NinjaScript forum. It will develop over the week (or weeks). It will take some effort on everyone else's part to to understand what is going on. It's code, not BloodHound point and click professional stuff but I think it will be a rewarding experience to give you another option in putting an idea quickly together if you have little coding experience but do need to code something for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
I suggest that for the backtesting issue the correct place to ask and receive responsible answer is the ninjasupport forum.They are very polite and everytime I have asked something they are throughly explain even come with teamviewer to fix you up.I am very pleased with the quality of their supporters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...