Can anyone crack woodies autotrade system and bars

445NDO

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I read on BMT that Woodie simply ripped of RJay's bar and renamed it. Despicable.

Good old Woodie. Many a moderator spent many hours in his room helping develop indicators just to find themselves booted, yet he taking credit for their work. I still can hear his voice ringing in my ears "How many caught that last one". I guess his character hasn't changed though out the years.

Edited by Nukem

Has anyone else tried the link provided by coro? For me if you load up the strategy in market replay it seems to show all historical signals / trades (and they look pretty awesome, huge profit, tiny drawdown,etc), but it wont take or show any new signals or trades from the point of playing the replay (price bars show up, but anything from the indicators/strategy stops from the point where the replay is started), so basically useless because to really test it you'd want to market replay it and look at how it goes on more correct "real-time" fills.

It also displays the message "*** **** *** has expired, please install the update when prompted or visit *****" across the chart.

Have I done something wrong and does anyone actually have this working on market replay or on a "live" sim account?

Cheers in advance, looks very nice if it can actually work real time as it does in historical.

Ok, figured it out, if anyone is interested there is more info on this thread -

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/19945-Lets-Get-This-One-Working-!!-Woodies-Auto-Trade-amp-Indicatiors-Project-For-Our-Team!

The file coro linked was the first attempt, here are the files you'll want (real fixed 2nd attempt & workspaces)

http://www.mediafire.com/?13myfh740aw6u32

http://www.mediafire.com/?d3fl9xpjxwiff1x

The very brief testing I've done in replay so far seems that what others have said on that thread is true, replay / live sim results are very different to it's almost perfect historical results, but I'll do some replay testing over a month or so on different bar types and see how it looks.

Ciao for now.

Go to your documents/ ninja/ workspaces and delete the one that is causing you the problems.

Make sure its not there and make sure that none of the other workspaces were opened today-( just switch to details and you cna see when was the last time you opened each ).

Once its done- you should not have any problem to start ninja - it will open with a blank one.

Hope it helps.

Traderbeauty-Jane

Kinda ditto what Jane said, although generally when I have this problem I find you have to delete the _Workspaces.xml file in both Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces & Documents\NinjaTrader 7\temp folders. I assume you try load up Ninja, it freezes / doesn't seem to open and then if you try load up Ninja again it tells you you've already got an instance running?

Make sure you CTRL-ALT-DEL and End Task on the instance of Ninja that may still be running. Then do the above in regard to deleting the the _Workspaces.xml file in both locations, then try loading up Ninja. If that doesn't work again make sure to end task the instance of Ninja that is "running" (albeit frozen), and for good measure delete the _Workspaces.xml file in Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces & then delete everything in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\temp folder and try again. See if that works.

Thread here on it - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=62563

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...