REQ Owndata 2.7

EL_Trader

• 2 weeks later...

TransAct is one of my brokers.

I was hoping to use my Tradestation automated strat and get it powered by transact datafeed and dump the tradestation feed.

I have allready coded in the ability to send orders thru the AT software, using Tradestation EL language.

That works well, just need to get Tradestation Software to consume TransAct data.

Hi El_Trader;

OD 2.7 work only with your list of broker. But transactfutures work with Sierrachart, that is a very well software.

TransAct is one of my brokers.

I was hoping to use my Tradestation automated strat and get it powered by transact datafeed and dump the tradestation feed.

I have allready coded in the ability to send orders thru the AT software, using Tradestation EL language.

That works well, just need to get Tradestation Software to consume TransAct data.

Hi EL_Trader;

I can see that TransAct is listed in OD 2.7. I believe that is possible work with TransAct. For configure, in OD 2.7 go to the toolbar:

Tools > Datasources > Search TransAct in the list > Press "Settings" button > Enter User and Password.

Next Configure your symbol and select TransAct in the broker list.

Remember that OD 2.7 only work with TS 8.6 or 8.7; but no with highers versions.

Also remember making click in the button "Switch", for this:

Start > Programs > Owndata 2 > Switch (Then OD 2.7 can work with TS 8.6 /8.7)

Edited by FX_SuperTrader

Hi EL_Trader;

I can see that TransAct is listed in OD 2.7. Yes, is possible work with TransAct. For configure, in OD 2.7 go to the toolbar:

Tools > Datasources > Search TransAct in the list > Press "Settings" button > Enter User and Password.

Next Configure your symbol and select TransAct in the broker list.

Remember that OD 2.7 only work with TS 8.6 or 8.7; but no with highers versions.

Also remember making click in the button "Switch", for this:

Start > Programs > Owndata 2 > Switch (Then OD 2.7 can work with TS 8.6 /8.7)

Hey FX_SuperTrader :)

Ammmm... Are you sure? Have you tried by yourself ? Because:

1/ I have tried to connect to Transact with my username and password (server : 208.97.219.171 and port 2045) and every time i get the message "Error Accessing GateKeeper. Please contact help desk."

2/ I have emailed Transact to know if their servers were compatible with Owndata, and the "answer" I got was that they know nothing about Owndata and that they don't care too much about this soft... Pretty rude huh ?

3/ Have a look at these threads :

http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8436

http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6404

In particular the second one :))

Soooo... I'd be VERY interested if you tell me how you did succeed to connect to Transact through Owndata :)

Edited by mambo123

Hi mambo123;

I don´t work with TransAct, I say that is listed in OD 2.7, if work or not, I don´t know. I read the links of Multicharts support and say that TransAct send filtered data, and this price data is not reliable. Shameful.

:-O:X_X:(

I did not know; TSSupport disabled TransAct of Owndata. In the links of Multicharts discussion explain all.

Edited by FX_SuperTrader

Hi mambo123;

I don´t work with TransAct, I say that is listed in OD 2.7, if work or not, I don´t know. I read the links of Multicharts support and say that TransAct send filtered data, and this price data is not reliable. Shameful.

:-O:X_X:(

I did not know; TSSupport disabled TransAct of Owndata. In the links of Multicharts discussion explain all.

I'd only hope that you had a solution :((

Seems now that the Transact datafeed si not so bad, well, better that it was lol. I've compared it to Open E CRY, CQG and ZENFIRE, and while it appears much more slow on the charts (Sierra Charts) - that's pretty evident -, it does have the same number of ticks on each candle (well, +/- a few in fact) . The sum could be different in the total number of ticks once the day is over, but the count is also different with other datafeeds. So ....

I'd really love to feed Tradestation/Multicharts whith this, but unfortunately, it seems not possible. Or may be someone has some mean to do it, in that case, please share it [-O<

Edited by mambo123