John1

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI,

I have no clue where you are clicking .. in UHF server , in strategy runner ?

The Quantoffice shell you are using is QuantOffice DCS.. use the regular one...There's no need to use any cracks apart for the licenses one.

I'm using the regular one that comes with the installer. Default Install. Still not working. NOT DCS. I'm using the windows installer from the original deltix.7z file.

What linux version do you use? [You can PM me with the details]

OK, so I installed that version for windows and I'm getting these error messages for QuantOffice (Trading Console, etc. have the same errors):

Can't Connect TimeBase:

Securities stream not found

at QuantOffice.DataProvider.TickDb.TickDbConnection.GetTickDb(String path, Boolean isReadonly)

at QuantOffice.HistoryService.QuantServerLibraryUpdater.ValidateUhfVersion(String tickDbPath)

at QuantOffice.Connection.TimebaseConnection.Connect()

Connection Error:

The Connection has been lost. Attempt to reconnect to your session.....

QuantServer seems to be ok now.

Edited by John1

John1 : i posted a meta data zip , with

500 Stocks of data

+500 Securities meta data, which FIXES "can't find securities" in uhf , timebase etc etc..

without it , u won't be able to run (unless you do it by hand).

Another way to fix, is start Timebase admin ... rignt click on a db , do insert stream , do meta data, insert EURUSD spot , save , you are good to go..but you'll only have 1 meta data, i posted 700 lready made with all infos..

From the documentation :

Step II - Add Security Metadata.

In this step, we will create a Security Metadata stream within Timebase Manager to store static information about the secruities we are working with. QuantOffice will use this stream to interpret the data we have stored.

1. Click Data/New Stream in the menu to start the stream creation wizard.

2. Enable Security Metadata Message Type. Once selected, you will notice that the Key field is automatically defined and cannot be edited. QuantOffice requires that the security metadata stream key is named securitires.

4. Click Next

5. Accept default static settings and click Create.

6. You should now see the new stream in the database structure panel on the left.

7. We are ready to add static security data. Highlight securities stream and select Data/Edit from the menu. An edit tab will appear with an empty table.

8. Click Add/Equity from the menu.

10. Add the following definition for AAPL:

The following fields were defined:

◦ Symbol

◦ ExchangeCode: This value represents the exchange code defined in the QuantOffice\data\CalendarDB.xml file.

◦ Name: Name of company.

◦ IssueDate: Date stock was issued.

◦ CurrencyCode

13. Add GOOG and IBM to the stream using the following:

15. Click Accept to save changes. You are now ready to access Timebase data from within QuantOffice.

-----

So i have one with not 2 stocks, but one with 700 already made up stocks, fx, options, etc....

Already made up timebase home with 700 securities meta data :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/es53g8

To use, drop somewhere .. start QSADmin, click on manage, show it this folder...Thats it , you are ready to use all deltix components.

Linq to docs :

/C/Program%20Files/Deltix/QuantOffice/Help/QuantOffice%20Documentation.html

Linq to all icons (on windows) :

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\QuantOffice

Edited by fxmozart

I posted the crack on page 1 , along the timebase infos , so it s easier to find.

OK, so I selected the quickdata directory as the managed folder in QSA. Re-configured the system and I'm still getting the same errors in quantoffice:

Can't Connect TimeBase:

at QuantOffice.DataProvider.TickDb.TickDbConnection.G etTickDb(String path, Boolean isReadonly)

at QuantOffice.HistoryService.QuantServerLibraryUpdat er.ValidateUhfVersion(String tickDbPath)

at QuantOffice.Connection.TimebaseConnection.Connect( )

Connection Error:

Edited by John1

Try to follow : http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/21311-REQ-Deltix-Institutional-Trading-Platform?p=271346&viewfull=1#post271346

Otherwise i'll just be repeating the post ...It works , if you do it as in the docs , or put my timebase db (for sure, i m backtesting, getting live etc)..

E.G Backtest good system (with above timebase) :

'1' 'GOOG' 'All Trades' '506424' '946576.5' '-440152.5' '15.19272' '-118550' '-0.184738659596749' '11/11/2008 9:30:00 AM' '4.2718177983973' '0.779545454545455' '87' '4.18320119811462' '0.084453828318851' '2.53825557656715' '1.12219059924625' '4953.24046450703' '1.56953277614509' '0.00170502177158597' '50' '0.68' '34' '16' '10128.48' '27840.4852941176' '-27509.53125' '9.92988235294117' '1.01203052284352' '14' '4' 'USD'

AllTrades Long Trades Short Trades

Net Profit/Loss 589,176.00 253,723.10 335,452.90

Total Profit 1,213,431.30 564,512.90 648,918.40

Total Loss -624,255.30 -310,789.80 -313,465.50

Cumulated Profit %589.18 %253.72 %335.45 %

See photo :

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo300/fxmc/2013-04-01123733pm.png

So you are pretty close to get it all working , just follow above post (resumé) :

Start QSAdmin.cmd with administrative rights (right click run as admin) .

Click Manage, show the folder u unzipped my timebase.

Click edit TimeBase admin , to verify the Database (which should show anyways, Securities + Dailies), if they don't you can use above post to create a new stream , but it also means you didn't click on manage ...Else the 2 Streams should show.

2) Click on timebase , and do start in console.

3) Click on quantoffice and do start.

You should be able to see stocks, my lists , backtest (by clicking on strategy manager) , see charts etc...

Edited by fxmozart

That's what I did do. I downloaded that file and set it up. It is still not working.

Also, I don't know what this is about with regards to ""can't find securities" in uhf , timebase ". You're talking about something else. TimeBase and QuantServer seem to be running the services. QuantOffice cannot connect to them.

Edited by John1

So, what way are you talking about now? You're giving multiple methods. I tried your home folder, it did not work.

Instead of people asking you 100 times, and you responding with 100 different posts, why don't you just clearly write how to install the system in one single legible post.

Why am I getting QuantOffice errors?

Can't Connect TimeBase:

at QuantOffice.DataProvider.TickDb.TickDbConnection.G etTickDb(String path, Boolean isReadonly)

at QuantOffice.HistoryService.QuantServerLibraryUpdat er.ValidateUhfVersion(String tickDbPath)

Connection Error:

By the way, your recent pictures have been incredibly blurry and unreadable.

You can do New Stream from Datafile if you downloaded the files from Sendspace (the meta data link i posted , also on page 1 ).

You can do new stream directly and make each stock by hand (tiresome) .

There is more than one way to solve the problem, hence the "100" possible ways..

You can either use my timebase, make a new stream , or load the data file from the sendspace link i posted.

You can do New Stream from Datafile if you downloaded the files from Sendspace (the meta data link i posted , also on page 1 ).

You can do new stream directly and make each stock by hand (tiresome) .

There is more than one way to solve the problem, hence the "100" possible ways..

You can either use my timebase, make a new stream , or load the data file from the sendspace link i posted.

I did use your timebase file and I did add the streams. Still, same errors inside of QuantOffice.

Can't Connect TimeBase:

Connection Error:

OK, I finally got it working. Here is how to setup Deltix on windows.

Run the installer. Make sure you install all the components as administrator.

After the installation, go to the Quantoffice bin directory, replace qsc.dll with the cracked version.

Go to the QuantServer license key directory and replace the license keys with the cracked license keys.

Go to the QuantServer bin directory and replace the clntenv.cfg and qsadmin files with the cracked versions.

Go to c:\ and insert the license.xml file

Go to QuantServer Architect, set-up your TimeBase, you can use the default settings and then hit apply.

After that point, you should see 3 boxes. Storage, TimeBase and QuantOffice. Go to storage, right-click and de-select read-only. Then, go to storage, right click and select 'New Stream'.

Select the box 'security metadata'. Click Next. Go to Currency, check the static box. Select spot or cross. Then do the same for base currency, select any currency.

Then, when you start QuantOffice, it should finally work.

Although, I now get this annoying bug when I try to select an indicator.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.string' to type 'QuantOffice.Chart.IMasterItem'.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'QuantOffice.Chart.IMasterItem'.

at QuantOffice.Chart.Forms.IndicatorsControl.GetMainSource()

at QuantOffice.Chart.Forms.IndicatorsControl.UpdateIndicatorUpdateEventCombo()

at QuantOffice.Chart.Forms.IndicatorsControl.OnSelectionChanged()

at QuantOffice.Chart.Forms.IndicatorsControl.flex_AfterRowColChange(Object sender, RangeEventArgs e)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.C1FlexGridBase.a9()

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.C1FlexGridBase.OnGridChanged(Object sender, GridChangedEventArgs e)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.u.bc(GridChangedTypeEnum A_0, Int32 A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3, Int32 A_4)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.u.bn(GridChangedTypeEnum A_0)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.r.n(C1FlexGridBase A_0, CellRange A_1, Boolean A_2)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.C1FlexGridBase.Select(CellRange rg, Boolean show)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.ab.o(MouseEventArgs A_0)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.ab.l(MouseEventArgs A_0)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.C1FlexGridBase.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.Util.BaseControls.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This bug isn't coming from the crack, it's a bug from deltix, when they are using C1flexgrid ..I Could decompile and fix it....but it works, just click ok.

Man you posted exactly what i have been insanely repeating over the last 10 pages...Funny once again , i m being told i m hard to understand LOL (this is routinely happening).

Although, I now get this annoying bug when I try to select an indicator.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.string' to type 'QuantOffice.Chart.IMasterItem'.

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'QuantOffice.Chart.IMasterItem'.

at QuantOffice.Chart.Forms.IndicatorsControl.GetMainSource()

at QuantOffice.Chart.Forms.IndicatorsControl.UpdateIndicatorUpdateEventCombo()

at QuantOffice.Chart.Forms.IndicatorsControl.OnSelectionChanged()

at QuantOffice.Chart.Forms.IndicatorsControl.flex_AfterRowColChange(Object sender, RangeEventArgs e)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.C1FlexGridBase.a9()

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.C1FlexGridBase.OnGridChanged(Object sender, GridChangedEventArgs e)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.u.bc(GridChangedTypeEnum A_0, Int32 A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3, Int32 A_4)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.u.bn(GridChangedTypeEnum A_0)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.r.n(C1FlexGridBase A_0, CellRange A_1, Boolean A_2)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.C1FlexGridBase.Select(CellRange rg, Boolean show)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.ab.o(MouseEventArgs A_0)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.ab.l(MouseEventArgs A_0)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.C1FlexGridBase.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at C1.Win.C1FlexGrid.Util.BaseControls.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

When I'm using your timebase file I get these errors:

I can't see any charts in timebase administrator for the data (although, I can see the prices) and in quantoffice when I try to setup a chart I get this:

"Only daily, intraday and tick streams are supported.

at QuantOffice.Execution.CustomMessages.StreamConnection.UpdateInfoForChartMode()

at QuantOffice.Chart.ChartRunner.Start()"

I also used one of your generated licenses (4746-13D62F21150-B6F1

) and when I attempt to start StrategyServer console it is claiming that it is an invalid license. That's with your timebase db.

For a custom setup (not using your timebase home/qs settings), I get this error message when attempting to start strategyserver:

deltix.util.os.ExecutionException: sc.exe start sts.8899: failed:

Exit code = 1075

at deltix.util.os.WindowsServiceControl.throwException(WindowsServiceControl.java:349)

at deltix.util.os.WindowsServiceControl.exec(WindowsServiceControl.java:366)

at deltix.util.os.WindowsServiceControl.exec(WindowsServiceControl.java:355)

at deltix.util.os.WindowsServiceControl.runSimple(WindowsServiceControl.java:405)

at deltix.util.os.WindowsServiceControl.start(WindowsServiceControl.java:30)

at deltix.installer.admin.model.ServiceElement.startService(ServiceElement.java:816)

at deltix.installer.admin.model.ServiceElement$1.run(ServiceElement.java:64)

at deltix.installer.admin.arch.DiagramComponent$ActionAdapter.actionPerformed(DiagramComponent.java:54)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2341)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)

at com.jidesoft.plaf.vsnet.VsnetMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)

at com.jidesoft.plaf.vsnet.VsnetMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3321)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:723)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:682)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:680)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:696)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:694)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:693)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

Edited by John1

fxmozart, I don't think you can be helped at this point. I don't want to sound rude or anything, but you are trying to deal with problems that don't really exist, they are only in your head, and your overall approach doesn't help it either. If I explained to you what all you are doing wrong I would risk that you simply run away. That's why I am telling you don't mind me and keep it up, you will get there, eventually. Figuring it out yourself is the best way to learn something, anyway.

Or do you really want me to set you straight? You would have to promise that you won't run away, though.

Is there anything more that still needs to be said?

The Strategyserver was ran from QuantServer Architect, which was launched with administrator rights. The issue is still there.

The problem is that this is an unstable version, so it's difficult to tell from the end-user perspective whether the bugs/limitations found in the program are the result of the crack or just inherent parts of the program. A Stable version would be much more preferable, not just for testing, but also for usability and implementation.

fxmozart, I don't think you can be helped at this point. I don't want to sound rude or anything, but you are trying to deal with problems that don't really exist, they are only in your head, and your overall approach doesn't help it either. If I explained to you what all you are doing wrong I would risk that you simply run away. That's why I am telling you don't mind me and keep it up, you will get there, eventually. Figuring it out yourself is the best way to learn something, anyway.

Or do you really want me to set you straight? You would have to promise that you won't run away, though.

Have you tried out the crack yet, yourself, UDC? What do you think?