Help Ninjatrader data feed

laser1000it

I tested zenfire and you are right, they somehow detect that you were on a trial. But i am not sure they use MAC. I used a software to change my mac address and it was still not working. Maybe they look at NT machine ID, which i don;t think can be spoofed or changed..

As far as I know they use the NT machine ID (there is a thread about it in the NT forum).

• 2 months later...
One thing to keep in mind about the cqg-amp data feed is that it's not actual cqg data. It's apparently just an interactivedata feed. Interactive Data is the company that owns esignal.

John1,

My apologies if I sound ignorant but whats the difference. Im just tying to get educated on the assorted data feeds and how it affects an individuals live trading.

Thanks

John1,

My apologies if I sound ignorant but whats the difference. Im just tying to get educated on the assorted data feeds and how it affects an individuals live trading.

Thanks

CQG is a professional quality data-feed on par with Bloomberg. The whole cqg platform that you get with the Integrated Client ($600 a month) is commonly used in conjunction with an institutional grade ems like GS Rediplus or MS(Morgan Stanley) Passport.

The data is known to be top-notch and it very rarely lags during major news like economic events.

The interactive-data feed on the other hand is the same as esignal and it is also the typical broker feed, it is pretty congested and is of sub-par quality relative to cqg/bloomberg,etc..

If you check the NT forums, they have confirmed that the CQG feed provided as part of the AMP package is quasi-CQG: the live data does indeed come from the CQG folks. But, when you need historical data (ie., when NT boots, or when you ask for a historical data chart refresh) the historical data gets sent from a server farm that NT runs themselves, by storing the live data on most popular instruments. A 100% real CQG datafeed will run you hundreds of $$$ per month.

NT used to have issues with hours of the historical data getting lost, and thus if that happened during the London session and you start your NT pre-NY, you did not have historical data until NT restored it on the upcoming weekend, at which point it is almost useless to you. But, they have seemingly resolved this with an API update a few weeks ago.

And, on the realtime data, I have not seen issues on the realtime CL feed nor most other majors for weeks now, as pushed to me via Amp infrastructure.

Overall the Amp/CQG/NT partnership is quite reasonable for most traders. I believe they offer Zenfire for free as well, but could hit you with a $25/month charge if you don't take actual trades, but still have a funded account. I use the CQG/Amp combination, and it has been rock solid for weeks, certainly on CL, and my machine runs straight through for 5 days.

The good thing about pro feeds like CQG, Zenfire is that they are not filtered, meaning they do not approximate volume or ticks, and you get all trade information. This is crucial if you use something like volume footprint charts. If you have a provider like Interactive Brokers, they do not send you all the ticks, and thus you cannot see where nor how many buyers & sellers were at which level. Also, even pro datafeeds have outage & infrastructure problems - nobody can offer a 100% uptime guarantee.

Update: lol, just seeing this is almost a year old thread ... CL could well have been problematic 11 months ago, but certainly has been great in recent weeks and everything else above stands as current information.

If you check the NT forums, they have confirmed that the CQG feed provided as part of the AMP package is quasi-CQG: the live data does indeed come from the CQG folks. But, when you need historical data (ie., when NT boots, or when you ask for a historical data chart refresh) the historical data gets sent from a server farm that NT runs themselves, by storing the live data on most popular instruments. A 100% real CQG datafeed will run you hundreds of $$$ per month.

osijek1289,

I appreciate your in depth review of Amp/CQG/NT partnership especially since that was the direction I was considering. The PFG fiasco has made me cautious and leery of these folks. (brokers)

Thanks

Osijek1289-I have the same data setup has you and see the same results. I like CQG, and execute on a transact DOM....they both are step for step with each other.

NT used to have issues with hours of the historical data getting lost, and thus if that happened during the London session and you start your NT pre-NY, you did not have historical data until NT restored it on the upcoming weekend, at which point it is almost useless to you. But, they have seemingly resolved this with an API update a few weeks ago.

And, on the realtime data, I have not seen issues on the realtime CL feed nor most other majors for weeks now, as pushed to me via Amp infrastructure.

Overall the Amp/CQG/NT partnership is quite reasonable for most traders. I believe they offer Zenfire for free as well, but could hit you with a $25/month charge if you don't take actual trades, but still have a funded account. I use the CQG/Amp combination, and it has been rock solid for weeks, certainly on CL, and my machine runs straight through for 5 days.

The good thing about pro feeds like CQG, Zenfire is that they are not filtered, meaning they do not approximate volume or ticks, and you get all trade information. This is crucial if you use something like volume footprint charts. If you have a provider like Interactive Brokers, they do not send you all the ticks, and thus you cannot see where nor how many buyers & sellers were at which level. Also, even pro datafeeds have outage & infrastructure problems - nobody can offer a 100% uptime guarantee.

Update: lol, just seeing this is almost a year old thread ... CL could well have been problematic 11 months ago, but certainly has been great in recent weeks and everything else above stands as current information.