How to get RT Data into Tradestation - Help

FFRT

I get Real time data from my broker into MS-Excel, now the issue is that, How do I get this feed into

Tradestation

and / or

Wave59, in real time.

Kindly explain the tools and procedure.[-O<[-O<[-O<

Thanks

P.S.: Anybody having this (kindly share) - http://www.tsresearch.com/software/excel_tradestation/tradestation_excel/

Edited by FFRT

Hi FFRT;

For intruduce Real time data in Tradestation with Excel is necessary Owndata. In this forum you can find TS 8.7 and OD 2.7.

If your datafeed is Excel, I recommend that you see a video sections in multicharts.com (Excel datafeed video), because the Quotemanager of Multicharts is the same than the Owndata.

Also Multicharts can be used.

Thx, @FX_SuperTrader for heads up,

It shows one excel file for a symbol, does it mean, if i'm monitoring 10 stocks, i should have 10 excel files.

Currently, in one excel book, i get data for several symbols in each row

I hear that Owndata does not work with TS9 and above, is it the fact ? I'm using TS Ver 9

Edited by FFRT

Hi FFRT;

I do not use Excel like datafeed; but I believe that it is possible import data (Open,High,Low,Close,Volume) to TS or MCharts configuring each row according to the video.

I believe that Excel datafeed is not a good method for use all days in trading; You need a solid method. For me MT4 work very well, and is a solid method; but the only problem is a Volume data (is very different between brokers).

TS 9 only work with Owndata 3 (work with USB key). I haven´t OD 3.0. I search OD 3 in this forum and the web, but I did not findit.

Did you try to use MT4 like datafeed?

Other method is eSignal; but You must pay.

Ohk, I'll explore the other methods, and particularly, MT4, but there i find very limited symbols/indices for exchange that i trade...

Certainly, I've to look at the backfill part also

In btw....there seems to be a way, but we need the patch/crack for

http://www.tsresearch.com/software/excel_tradestation/tradestation_excel/