[private share] d0gbot

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with the settings of this EA. Using default settings it trades very large lots, around 2 lots in a 5k account, nothing like the forward tests I've seen published. I tried changing the settings but I can't seem to make it work right...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

b.

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with the settings of this EA. Using default settings it trades very large lots, around 2 lots in a 5k account, nothing like the forward tests I've seen published. I tried changing the settings but I can't seem to make it work right...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

b.

You don't how to be usin' EAs now?. Set Auto MM to 0 (zero) <):)

Hey Redline

Looking at your forward tests Notice that you have a lot of addittional pairs though u mention only EUR/USD

Anyway trying to backtest which is extremely slow

Is it posissible to combine the two indicators and the robot to one robot

This should speed up the back test and see which are the good pairs to trade along optimal settings

Thanks

That's not really the issue here. Take this backtest for example:

http://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/dogbot/16000

Using a 5k account and default settings (same as I'm using) he gets lot sizes starting at 0.25. I get 2.5.

My contract is standard 100.000 and leverage is 1:200.

The issue here now is that yez don't know that yez could be makin' a mistake somewhere. I done ma back-testin' with a 5K account with default Money Management on 5.0 (default). It be openin' 0.25 lot trades durin' the back-test.

Workin' fine here <):)

Edited by callahan

The issue here now is that yez don't know that yez could be makin' a mistake somewhere. I done ma back-testin' with a 5K account with default Money Management on 5.0 (default). It be openin' 0.25 lot trades durin' the back-test.

Like I said yez don't how to be usin' EAs. What? Am I missin' some basic Goddam simple point here? :">

fixed lot =.2

5.0 =mm

the rest is default

fixed lot =.2

5.0 =mm

the rest is default

Thanks, I started a new demo account using only this EA and it's working fine now with default settings.

I was using other EAs in the same account, don't know if that was what was messing it up.

b.

One question, is it possible to make the EA work with an account where the contract size is 10.000 (as opposed to the standard 100.000) and still keep MM on?

For example, I have a $100 account with contract size of 10.000 (this emulates a $1000 account with contract size of 100.000). I wish to keep MM on and see the lot size increase accordingly, as it would on a $1000 account. Is this possible?

What does the Lots parameter do (not fixed lot)?

Thanks,

b.

yes it closes when trend changes

Hey Redline, great work once again. I haven't noticed any trades closing when trends change. I have Retrace Exit to false, are you using it set to "true"? I know you're still testing, but if you shared your settings that would be awesome. It appears you're using 125 SL and 25 TP, with no trailing stop. Any info is appreciated!

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/redline187/d0gbot/308982

05.21.2012 04:23 05.23.2012 21:51 EURAUD Buy 0.16 - - 1.29748 1.29220 -52.8 -87.18 2d -1.50%

Because this order was closed -52.8 pips?

05.23.2012 18:15 05.23.2012 21:51 GBPCHF Buy 0.22 - - 1.49849 1.49916 6.7 15.43 3h 36m 0.27%

+6.7 pips?

Here in my DEMO did not close. My settings are default.

Edited by CRSPWK