Manual Update of MT4 build 409

ylidor

If you try to renew an expired demo account on an MT4 platform of a build prior to 409, you will not be able to do so, as the platform will not generate the usual "Login" and "Password" for you. I talked to a broker who told me that the Metaquote people gently push all of us to upgrade to build 409 from reasons unknown. This is an across the board issue for all the brokers around the planet. Of course, you would not be able to automatically upgrade to 409 without first renewing your demo account, and if the brokers do not carry build 409 on their MT4 demo download link, or you do not wish to overwrite all the charts you had so painfully prepared on your expired build 406 platform, you would get caught out on a limb.

I searched the net for a solution, and fortunately found it on another forum, as quote in the following segment:

If your broker does not offer an update to Metatrader 4 build 409 there is still a way to manually update your platform via simple copy/paste.

•Download the attachment below

•Go to your Metatrader 4 root directory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Metatrader4 in Windows 7 or C:\Program Files\Metatrader4 in WIndows XP)

•Backup the original terminal.exe file.

•Replace the old terminal.exe file with the one you just downloaded from this post

•Run Metatrader 4 and that's it!

Marko Nikolic

Here is the link to the terminal.exe build 409 file:

http://mir.cr/0XPFFBTM

Thanks Marko!!!

Be also aware that if after the registration is completed you would like to go back to build 406, just replace the terminal.exe build 409 with the backed up build 406, and you will demote your platform back to 406.

The procedure described here worked for me on platforms from the following brokers: IBFX, Alpari UK, Go Trader, FxOpen and Broco.

Edited by ylidor

• 5 months later...