Tom´s EA

Elovv

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Dont waste your time with this garbage EA. EU down over -280 pips -150 pips. All trades have been very poor! Revert to this post http://www.worldwide-invest.org/metatrader-expert-advisors/6213-tom-ea-3.html

Sure must be desperate times if ya all considerin' usin' this varmint. Ma Uncle Tom's a fine outstandin' gentile but this loony toony Tom contraption is for the swamp!

Here is an interesting bit of info. They claim this EA is the same system that has been used for several years for his personal clients. Why is it that there are so many version upgrades......AND why did the minimum risk calculation change form 10% in v1.87 to 1% in v1.88?????? You can't tell me that after years of use....AND coincidentally....AFTER it is sold to the public....they finally decide that a 10% risk is ****** huge for a martingale system. Anybody see the marketing machine running full steam?? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Would appreciate if someone with better brain than me wants to educate v 1.88, get rid of the pesky .dll then post link please, here it is: [email protected]/?d=ASJYQHCB A stable and consistent earner especially with hedging, low to moderate programmable drawdown. Some Anti-Virus soft reports the dll has a virus: not so, just educate the AV soft to ignore the dll. Edited by witzcowitz

Have been running Tom's EA for three weeks.

Three weeks?... Goddam you must be experienced. You will be experienced when it bites yer butt unless you gonna be plannin' to be kissin' and smoochin' your computer screen and draw down perspiring with square computer screen eyes for the rest of your time left.

The markets currently in "pussycat" mode (meow). Hate for yer to be having your account gettin' a cannon ballin...

Edited by callahan

Hi

I downloaded Toms EA ver 1.87 from post 13. It still works. I use ver 1.88, the last free version before he sell it. I have not payed for it but it still works. Maybe someone can fix it like the one in post 13 (no dll?) edu it?

I have uploaded it to 4sh@red

http://[email protected]/file/PNJfKwAA/MT4TomsEa188.html

It is a map with all files it install in MT4. I dont know whats the difference between ver 1.87 and 1.88, I have both on demo and can´t see any difference. Tom´s Ea on myfxbook

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TomsEaWPFXlive/tomsea-wpfx-live/151409

My results are similar

Best wishes to all

Elovv

• 3 weeks later...

Please somebody educate latest version 1.88 to eliminate the .dll file, would be most appreciated. Have uploaded the .ex4 file to [email protected]/?d=ASJYQHCB

It is a good little earner, slow but steady. Tom (the marketer, if he exists) has provided solid risk management, can't see it getting away anytime soon, particularly with hedging switched on. Best ignore naysayers like Callahan, all he will do is cause you to miss out on good opportunities.

Edited by witzcowitz

Please somebody educate latest version 1.88 to eliminate the .dll file, would be most appreciated. Have uploaded the .ex4 file to [email protected]/?d=ASJYQHCB

It is a good little earner, slow but steady. Tom (the marketer, if he exists) has provided solid risk management, can't see it getting away anytime soon, particularly with hedging switched on. Best ignore naysayers like Callahan, all he will do is cause you to miss out on good opportunities.

The people on the Mamont thread thought the same. There's a magical happenin' for the next version gettin all freaked out over Mamont V2.3 cause they don't have it. They've got version 2.21 and it's ok I suppose but they're thinkin' version 2.3 is "Oh my God my Forex future is for certain if only I can get version 2.3!''

And then they want it, so they get it and lo behold it's just the same maybe with different Money Management or somethin' and Tom here is just the same there wont be jack sheet difference with strategy between 1.87 and 1.88.

One thing I realised there's no Goddamm use tellin' people about the danger cause they don't want to hear it. Personally I think you're probably better off with a good Martingale as most TP/SL EAs are like watchin' paint dry. At least with Martingales yez can be makin' some money but be thinkin about what lays ahead now?

• 3 weeks later...

From my understanding of it.....

You need an absolute minimum of $1000 for a single pair using 400:1 leverage 0.01 lot available size on initial opening order WITH hedging activated. If you have less leverage, you need more cash. if you don't use hedging, you need more cash. If you don't have micros available for initial opening positions then you need a LOT more money (add an extra $99,000). We are ONLY dealing with what is necessary for a SINGLE currency pair.

Use those numbers to calculate what your minimum account equity needs to be.

Additional notes on hedging.... The way this EA works, it is highly recommended to use hedging. It is assumed that this EA will go into huge DD. If you activate hedging, it will continue to make money as teh DD increases due to the continued opening of positions in the direction of the trend. This also gives a near 100% guarantee that you will always have a big DD.

If you are brave enough to run this EA, make sure you have plenty of capital and a back up incase you need to dump extra money into the account to avoid a margin call. Martingales are terrible for doing that. Also be aware that using another EA in the account will use extra equity. If you use another EA in an account with TEA, you WILL need to monitor the account regularly to ensure the equity level maintains a high availablity to TEA. it is recommended to give TEA an account of it's own.

Using this live now. Minimum account I would strongly recommend $2500 on lowest risk setting. The open orders can make you sweat, especially when the new orders increase the lot size to cover other losing open orders. I would only use it on one pair. It is a slow but steady earner so far and as already mention, you have to dedicate one account to this ea

• 1 month later...