Nothing Works x-( Lets get Started to create a "Indo Manual Trading System"

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scalper72,

I hope you took quick profits on that trade. The two doji candles were a warning to get out. Also the trade was after the main session so rather than a massive burst up, it's more likely that we get a small bounce then retest of the support level.

Another thing I didn't mention earlier is that the best opportunities (certainly on EURUSD and lot of other pairs too) virtually always appear from 8am-Midday and from 1pm-4pm UK time. The hour before the US opens is lunchtime in the UK and Europe and is quite often s****py and tricky to trade, so best avoided.

Scalper72,

I hope you took quick profits on that trade. The two doji candles were a warning to get out. Also the trade was after the main session so rather than a massive burst up, it's more likely that we get a small bounce then retest of the support level.

Another thing I didn't mention earlier is that the best opportunities (certainly on EURUSD and lot of other pairs too) virtually always appear from 8am-Midday and from 1pm-4pm UK time. The hour before the US opens is lunchtime in the UK and Europe and is quite often s****py and tricky to trade, so best avoided.

dear soundfx..

i test systems only on demo at the moment, favored scalping strategie..but i make every day profit in experience.

My target was support line S1 1.4230 with ur chart and it was reached 24 net Pips.

I used Trailing EA in backround ..with 10 pips steps..FOMC Statement 2 Hours ago have been borne in mind in this Trade

Forex Market never sleeps therefore i look ever where is movement. Im no professional trader and worked hard ..so my Trading Time is limited.

My Personaly Trading Target is exactly Set Ups, tight Stop Loss and Make 20 - 30 pips per Trade.

Never give up...Next One

GBP/USD intraday: under pressure.

Pivot: 1.6215

Preference: Short positions below 1.6215 with targets @ 1.611 & 1.6085 in extension.

Alternative scenario: Above 1.6215 look for further upside with 1.625 & 1.63 as targets.

Comment: the pair has struck against its bearish channel upper boundary and remains under pressure as the RSI is capped by a MT declining trend line.

????

http://www8.pic-upload.de/11.08.11/ichy92rppov.gif

Edited by Scalper72

dear soundfx..

i test systems only on demo at the moment, favored scalping strategie..but i make every day profit in experience.

My target was support line S1 1.4230 with ur chart and it was reached 24 net Pips.

I used Trailing EA in backround ..with 10 pips steps..FOMC Statement 2 Hours ago have been borne in mind in this Trade

Forex Market never sleeps therefore i look ever where is movement. Im no professional trader and worked hard ..so my Trading Time is limited.

My Personaly Trading Target is exactly Set Ups, tight Stop Loss and Make 20 - 30 pips per Trade.

I wish you success Scalper72.

Rgds

RM

I would like to thanks all those it have enabled countless systems, strategies and indicators to test in which they have put it here to sharing. I had hoped to create a system with we can start everything to success trading, but i give up.

so i wish all good trading with lot of pips

cheers :)

I am glad I got into trading before all this Market makers methods and VSa malarkey started or I would have given up the first day on anyone of them....

Below is a 4 hour with monthly pivots and a 1 hour with weekly pivots.

The 4 hr price bounced off the trend line and a previous pivot

1 hr chart price goes down to a pivot and cant close below it so shoots up.

you can of course follow this on a lower time frame with a few ma’s.

Look at all the other turning points marked on the chart as well, stick a few fibs on there and away you go !! No market makers, volume studies or wave counting required. Price does to-day exactly the same as it did 10 years ago. Reacts to pivots, trend lines and fibs

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/marthart/12-08-201110-28-49.png

This is the 15 min chart. I spent a lot of time on woodies over the years so I still like to use a cci on there but I dont like the way woody uses it "who needs price's" as he says well anyone in their right mind I guess.

I have brain trading dots on as well, bought them years ago (yes with real money) so I just like them on as confirmation :D

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/marthart/15mins.png

Hi all,

i'd just like to give my small input into how i trade, I'm not an expert trader or anything but I'm full time since well over a year and so far been able to keep my head above water .... but there's a caveat here ...... only position trading ...... when i day trade I haven't been able to make money consistently, sure I made some money day trading but i lost a lot of it too.

Day-trading can surely be done but believe me it really does take a lot of time and a good deal of experience to become a consistently profitable day-trader, so i'd admonish any one new (my post here is only for the new traders) to first concentrate on position trading and only when consistently profitable shift to day-trading. i even posted an article which showed statistically only a very small fraction of the small fraction of profitable traders made money regularly day-trading. Well I cant offer advice on day-trading since I'm not consistently profitable at it so I'll leave that to any of the other members who are good at it.

But in regard to position trading its better to stick with the 4H or dailies (i personally started with dailies but have shifter to 4H after making consistent profits on dailies I also do trade 15min and 1Hr with other methods).

now here's the an aspect to position trading that took me quite a while to figure out ..... and that is .... consider both technicals AND fundamentals, use any technical pull back entry you want but consider fundamentals for main trends and only trade the direction of the main trend when they agree on weekly and dailies and 4Hr charts.

for eg after watching the economic announcements everyone knows the USD and EUR are in trouble and there's going to be more trouble in the future so ask yourself where will investors put their money, the answer is in currencies considered safe heavens in time of economic upheaval like the CHF or precious metals. Next check up the fundamentals announcements for the CHF, check the trends on the 3tf charts and if all three agree and you believe the trend is likely to continue for fundamental reasons look at Ta for pullback entries. Set stops and pyramid winning trades. That's what works for me. A word abut stops here, one of the reason a lot of traders lose is coz there stops are too tight .... you need to give the market room to breathe or else you'll be stopped out unnecessarily. for eg on 4Hr charts my stops are usually 120-200 pips set at TA levels of S/R but thats ok coz my winners are huge as we ride main trends and the R:R works out very well. Another thing is dont be tempted to take quick profits at 1:1 just let it run trailing your stops and you cant go wrong. Here's my recent result (in pips) since last week july when the fundamentals showed the CHF pairs would rally.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9120/fxstatement1.gif

Once rumors of intervention by the SNB started to circulate you close ur position and from ur research u know the USD is extremely excessively oversold infact theres been only 3 instances in recent history where its been this oversold so we now wait to see signs of a usd rally and trade the rally till we believe the rally is over and the bad fundamentals of the usd will catch up with it.

Just a simple method which works for me. And the key is to evaluate fundamental conditions.

Edited by hermanhess

Scalper72,

I would like to thanks all those it have enabled countless systems, strategies and indicators to test in which they have put it here to sharing. I had hoped to create a system with we can start everything to success trading, but i give up.

Why on earth are you giving up after running this thread for a few days lol ?

If you're really serious about trading and what you're trying to do in this this thread, you need to to take a long hard look at all the systems/methods of trading posted, then see how much they make sense to you. If any methods of trading appear to have an edge to you then investigate them in more depth - provide stats, rather than random charts and give others something to work from!

There are no easy solutions in this game, however I do believe that with the combined efforts of the experienced traders here that we can make a go of what you originally proposed.

You asked me for my charts and I provided them and indicators - and so did others. Were you expecting something different? - the "holy grail" perhaps where someone was using some great indicators which never fail? The key to consistency is here in this thread for those who can understand what's been written.

However, developing a "consistently performing" system which will apply to all trader's viewpoints is a totally different thing. The problem is that when you try to reduce the market to pure science and mechanics, you end up like hosts of failed EA developers who are continually thwarted by the vagiaries of the market.

Forget thinking in terms of mechanical systems. I think that the best way to approach developing a supreme trading method is to take on board what all others are using, then weed out the stuff which doesn't perform too well. Then you'll be left with a core method which will give clear signals for everyone. The next thing to do is establish when the core method signals are least likely to work and warn folks to stay out of the market as this time - e.g. don't go long when price is has been flat for a while and is now outside the top Bollinger Band, or don't go short when the market has been moving down all day and it's now the end of the UK session and price has already moved down more than its ADR (averqage daily range) etc.

Personally, I don't think that you have the "bottle" and persistence to be a consistently successful trader - and that's not meant to be a dig at you personally, though more of a nudge to move you in the right direction if you really want to take this forward further ;)

Dear soundfx..

I wanted to give up this thread and not my way to successful trader.

What im supposed with thousands of thanks hits? If one needs courtesy in a forum for succes in trading ?!..i think none.

i thought we will not found the holy grail in this thread maybe but sure inspirations for evry single one.

so i can not express my self..therefor is my english to badly but i believe to make oneself understood enough.

i consider ur words soundfx and i believe u to be no fool.. you ve got me wrong about respecting persistence, dont let any comments mislead you.

signal providers for example promise consistently succes..most of them is scam sure..but several works..but how?

that would be telling, they will only selling for much Money.

So we must ask first is it possible to make steady wins with forex?..i say YES

i was already to sharing my know how but others not..halfway i seen arrogant manners.

Knowledge is power..and i have feeling that people didnt want sharing this power..ok all are not created equal ;)

regards

I also have a couple of simple ma's on the charts

100 and 200 on 1 hour

100,200 and 365 on the 4 hr

not as a cross but s/r

Have a look at fridays up move on cable, stopped dead on both charts at a sma (and a fib expantion on 1 hr)

you could not make this stuff up could you.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/marthart/fri.png

Indicators Follow the Market and Show us the trend and movements.

Where will Market go?

Real Time SSI (Speculative Sentiment Index )

http://www8.pic-upload.de/14.08.11/nj567n4cery.png

http://www8.pic-upload.de/14.08.11/b1fvq43fwbj.png

http://www8.pic-upload.de/14.08.11/p9fib3m1ag8a.png

PS: Would be great if hermanhess to make available his indicators (Danke!)

Edited by Scalper72