Nothing Works x-( Lets get Started to create a "Indo Manual Trading System"

Thank You Guys and Ladys for lot of Systems, Indicators; PDF´s, e-books and more to sharing here...sadly nothing works steady. Indicators following the market and repaint.

Following Rules exactly and still no success.

Lot of promises exposes a lie..i have to sense that ppl post only his bulk garbage indis and systems.

I will to save a question how we can make money with forex manual trading.We've been over and over that a hundred times and we read in all them threads before..(creme dela creme, best indicators, holy grail.. etc.)

Forex have enough Money for all..its realy dont exist a strategy to make constantly win trades?

regards

Edited by Scalper72

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You Guys and Ladys for lot of Systems, Indicators; PDF´s, e-books and more to sharing here...sadly nothing works steady. Indicators following the market and repaint. Following Rules exactly and still no success. Lot of promises exposes a lie..i have to sense that ppl post only his bulk garbage indis and systems. I will to save a question how we can make money with forex manual trading.We've been over and over that a hundred times and we read in all them threads before..(creme dela creme, best indicators, holy grail.. etc.)

Forex have enough Money for all..its realy dont exist a strategy to make constantly win trades?

regards

How could it work for you while you have a chart Picasso type .. MHO

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13004-REQ-Market-Maker-s-Method?p=169514#post169514

Study deeply this thread ..

and videos downloads ..

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/14411-Steve-Mauro-MMM-webinar?p=169515#post169515

and don't get involved with the BS that is going on ,...LOL

Take your time and read .. and don't jump into many questions before you put in the effort to study and understand Thoroughly .. and the saying .. no such thing is silly questions .. I disagree .. unless they come from a well informed person and not a newbie wanting instant gratification ..:)

IMHO

Be patient .. its your business you building up ..

Good trading wishes

Edited by Marchello

Scalper72,

Stop and think for a minute - you say you've followed all the rules and systems still don't work, that's telling you something ;)...

There has been tons written on discipline in trading, the importance of following rules etc. - some writers even recommend trading like a robot lol. If it really were as simple as this to manually trade, then it would be simple to take a good performing manual system and create an EA from it and see consistent success, because an EA has absolute discipline, however I've yet to see this happen :)

I'm sure that plenty of other traders over the course of time have taken some of the systems you've tried and have made them successful - not by changing anything, though by applying the rules selectively based on their knowledge of the market.

The secret to attaining consistency is that we need to be selective in the trades we take and that's where the real discipline comes in. Sitting on our hands when signals appear which aren't quite perfect and only taking the very best and obvious signals. You can be still following the rules to get your entries and can follow rules on exits too as rules have generally been designed to help you get the best out of a system. With most pairs there are 2-3 good entries per day where if you enter at the right point, the ensuing move will zoom off taking you into profit immediately. Wait for these moves and ignore all the trash setups and you can become consistent.

We need to think about where price is in the larger scheme of things. You may have a stack of indicators all telling you this is perfect entry to go long, however if price has already blown through its average daily range to the upside - do you really think that's a high probability signal? Price sometimes does blow through its ADR and keeps going - however these times are very few and far between indeed - much more common is that price reaches its normal "mission profile" and then promptly turns back in the opposite direction.

Similarly, your system could be saying "enter here - everything is perfect"...but you check the news and see that big news is out in 10mins - do you really think that is a high probability signal? Nobody knows what effect news will have on the markets - it's just guesswork. Best to steer clear of such low probability opps.

Price has been consolidating and flat for a long time and then price finally breaks out short and gives you a sell signal and the candle is storming down - is this a high probabilty opportunity? It's more like a 50:50 gamble because, that candle could easily close as a spike leaving you in a losing position on the wrong side of the next big move (which will be long, after that false breakout).

There are various other reasons for not taking sub-optimal signals and you'll discover these the more time you spend in the market. Try to select only the very best signals and see how you get on...

Marchello,

Thanks for the "thanks" - judging by the lack of response I can see that folks are pretending what I've said isn't true, doesn't apply to them etc. or they've not realised the significance of what I've just posted :)

Guys, I've spent years doing exactly the same as you, trying hosts of manual systems and finding that none of them work for me. I've also tested hundreds of EAs, I've built various EAs as tests based on what were said at the time to be hugely accurate manual systems and none of this stuff worked.

The first thing to realise about trading is that you need to shake off your "9 to 5" delusions about what a job is. Trading isn't a "job" for starters and should never be treated as one - always treat your trading as a business where the main costs are your losses and your profits come from your "edge" in the markets. Don't turn up at your screen at 9am or whenever and expect to earn a living by sitting there trading for the next 8 hours and taking an hour for lunch. Trading doesn't work like that!!!

My profitablity increased significantly as soon as I realised that the less time I spend staring at the screens, the better my trades were. I can wander around the house doing other things and check on the screens every now and then to see what's happening. If something good has just started - then I jump in. If something good looks about to start then I'll sit in front of the screens to see how things progress, if price goes nowhere I'll do something else, otherwise I'll be in on a trade, and I'll either set a stop and target and go and do something else, or if I think that the trade may turn back again quite quickly then I'll watch it and make sure I don't let a winner turn into a loser.

Trading like this gives you an ability to see the market at a glance, because everytime you wander past and see the screens, your view of the market is not based on any preconceptions at all - you're just looking at the screen and saying to yourself "is there a trade setting up for me right now, or one just around the corner?".

For me this worked best to ensure that I only took the best trades - others may have better self-discipline. However, I know a lot of consistently profitable traders too and they'll all tell you the same thing "ONLY TAKE THE VERY BEST SIGNALS".

Some "systems" may not give great signals and I don't use a "system" as such - and nor does anyone else I know who does well in the markets.

Instead what you need to accumulate over time is a "trader's toolbox" of techniques which you find have worked for you personally. For example, if you always trade the open of the next candle after a good spike high or spike low and have normally profited - then that's one of the methods you put into your toolbox. If this method has worked for you then obviously you've mastered the right size of spike or maybe you combine this with price being outside the Bollinger bands too, or outside certain moving averages, or divergence against the RSI or whatever - it doesn't matter.

All this stuff comes from putting in the screen time, looking at signals from price action (rather than following rigid "system" rules) and then finding what works for you more often than not, and putting that method into your "toolbox".

Trading is a profession and like any other profession, it takes time to learn. Trading is deceptively simple and catches most newbies out because the markets constantly "do our heads in" - the moves make no sense, technical indicators don't work all the time, fundamental indicators don't work all the time etc.

Nothing works all the time in trading - it's not an exact science, despite what some TA afficionados will have you believe (I'm thinking of the Eliott Wave gang here lol). What you need to do to become a good manual trader is to first spend a lot of time following the markets (this is the only time when it's acceptable to spend 8 hours in front of a screen - when you're learning and on demo...). When you've done this for long enough and tried making all sorts of ****** trades as "tests", you'll begin to realise, that instead of making 50 trades a day and ending up with a huge loss (normally caused by chasing earlier smaller losses), it's not too much trouble to just make 2 or 3 trades a day and end up with a huge profit - even if one of those trades was a loser.

Hi, Sound, ...lack of response..? Give us a chance!! Just seen this new thread as I have woken up this morning. You are dealing with the world here!!

Marchello is from Canada so he should be asleep by now, cannot remember where you are from but I am in Bulgaria for the moment and read your post over breakfast.

As for Skalper, no chance! You are dealing with too many individuals. Look at Kraven's old threads. He is a low level trader, makes enough to keep him each week. Using his methods as explained in the threads.

Look at FxFxFx's thread and see his system, totally different. But both are sucessful in their own way.

In my opinion all systems are successful and also un-successful depending how they are used. Better people than us have tried to make a universally workable system. It is just a case of getting something that works for you

Marchello's SM thread is too complex for me. Even if I put in the effort I don't believe that it would work for me.

Pls upload your template and indys...Thanks

I had this trade today.... http://i.imgur.com/yd62l.png

Xard777

we can probably put it together....

1.trend bars we already have

2. some kind of price channel/volty stop/chandalier/bollinger line

3. zup/zigzag

4. blue/white arrows some ma crossover

5. your own murrey

6. psar

7. white dotted ma

8. macd

9. sniper cci

10. ccfp

11. zz on stoch which looks the most interesting out of all of that

Don't get stuck at looking at only 1 or 2 markets, on different days some markets trend, some don't. Find the market with a clear trend then trade it. If you find no trend or can't spot one easily -then don't trade - period. Preserving capital is also a key lesson in trading.

Look at all the major currency pairs only, ( AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, JPY & USD ) - stay with markets with low spread & keep the cost of trading in control.

Look at key levels in the market support & resistance, round numbers 25 pips seems to work for me. ie. 1.4400, 1.4425 1.4450, 1.4475, etc.

Don't use too many indicators, especially if they are all of the same type, they are all bound to agree. Try & understand what the indicators are indicating.

Use divergence, very often early signs of reversals & also further moves (hidden divergence).

Keep it simple.

well untill 2013 don`t buy the dollar :d

use a strong money management , sell the usd/jpy ..sell the usd/chf ...buy the aud/usd...buy nzd/usd ... and you should all be on the green zone :D

prepare to withstand drawdowns on all this pairs up to 600 pips , thus very strong money management...

Ja and ...almost forgot ... BUY GOLD

well untill 2013 don`t buy the dollar :d

use a strong money management , sell the usd/jpy ..sell the usd/chf ...buy the aud/usd...buy nzd/usd ... and you should all be on the green zone :D

prepare to withstand drawdowns on all this pairs up to 600 pips , thus very strong money management...

Ja and ...almost forgot ... BUY GOLD

Extremely humorous MickyMouse, I have read your last three posts and I am hooting each time... thanks for the laughs!

Now the posts about that aro bs were ment to be funny ...... this post is actually ment to help somebody ...

Every body has to understand something... trading is betting..Period.... the chances off using an indicator(which lags) and being successful with it are the same chances off winning the lottery using the same numbers that came last week. The only difference is money management .... Now be realistic .... Huge players...hedge funds and so on ...do you think are scalping for 5 pips with a stop loss of 20?... the only way to be successful on the long run is extreme money management and following the big money ... How to follow the big money?....well trow a daily chart of usd/chf ...which side you think the big money are flowing? trow a chart off usd/jpy ... trow a chart of gold..and so on .... no emas needed for this... no macd ..no nothing :D

And there is something else very important which nobody apparently is saying ... For some of us to win, there have to be many of us that loose.... this is the truth .... we can`t all win .... they could`nt call it anymore trading ...

thank u for all ur opinions but please no change the subject..

what i want if everything wants..universal easily understood system with constantly win trades and less risk.

i know we never found 100% win system or EA and we dont need lot of indicators on chartz.

it is important to have stable psychologic for trading and basicly experience..and i can say YES..i have mastered my emotional intelligence :)

look at this one of much learn videos

Ok..my chart looks overloaded..but dont forget this is my demo chart..with all indis what i found here..and where i think this can maybe usefull.

http://www8.pic-upload.de/10.08.11/4kfwbdde8r6j.gif

Download Link :

xxx.2shared.cOm/file/lvMyMcrP/eraser_m3000.html (Price 8.899 $) ;)

Marchello

Thank u for ur link ..but i cant watch another video again..my brain is full of forex strategys

Soundfx

great comment..and my think is same with yours

u made a good point

i would like to see ur actually chart :D

FACT: People sharing his garbage systems to get kudos

Theyfore maybe we can build a own strategy with all experienced buddys and indis here

regards

Scalper72,

Here's my main chart:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3479/15mchart.jpg

Standard Bollinger Bands 20,2 (to give an idea of o/b and o/s in a non-trending market)

SDX-Sweetspots indicator to give me the psychological "round number" 00 S/R levels

Elder impulse candles (blue candles sometimes help you keep out of the market at less than optimal times)

Horizontal SR lines drawn by me to show where price has turned previously

I also use 5m charts for entries with normal candles, but the rest the same.

As you can see - good trades today would be Buy bounce off bottom of horizontal channel at 4318, target next round number 4400. Double top then forms and sell when price looks as though it's coming down from 4400 to bottom of channel again. Then wait to see if we get a another bounce or a break. As it happens break of bottom of channel gave further short bias and then we can trade down to next psych level at 4300. If momentum strong at that stage we could have stayed with the trade until we get a blue Elder candle or when we hit 4200 - whichever comes first.

Nice simple chart and logical use of indicators.

Every indicator must be there for a reason and offer fresh rather than duplicated insight. Any system should have:

1. Something to check trend,

2. Something to look at either higher TF or simply averaging over a longer period to do the same thing on a shorter TF chart,

3. Something to measure momentum,

4. Something to consider whether overbought/oversold,

5. a trigger for entry and last but definately not least,

6. good MM.

I think it os all too easy to miss the point and become indicator junkies rather than traders. I would be very interested to know how many on this site actually make money from their trading rather than simply messing about on demo sites all the time? This is, sadly, speaking as largely an indicaor junkie myself! We are all looking for the at perfect system rather than working smartly with the imperfect tools we do have.

p.s. Could you upload the Elder Candle indy - I am feeling a need for a fix!

Scalper72,

Here's my main chart:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3479/15mchart.jpg

Standard Bollinger Bands 20,2 (to give an idea of o/b and o/s in a non-trending market)

SDX-Sweetspots indicator to give me the psychological "round number" 00 S/R levels

Elder impulse candles (blue candles sometimes help you keep out of the market at less than optimal times)

Horizontal SR lines drawn by me to show where price has turned previously

I also use 5m charts for entries with normal candles, but the rest the same.

As you can see - good trades today would be Buy bounce off bottom of horizontal channel at 4318, target next round number 4400. Double top then forms and sell when price looks as though it's coming down from 4400 to bottom of channel again. Then wait to see if we get a another bounce or a break. As it happens break of bottom of channel gave further short bias and then we can trade down to next psych level at 4300. If momentum strong at that stage we could have stayed with the trade until we get a blue Elder candle or when we hit 4200 - whichever comes first.

Hi Acerinvest,

Here's the Elder candle colour:

http://www.multiupload.com/65S0QKTZ0B

I agree with what you've said.

It's possible to trade very well with just one indicator - take your pick. Let's say RSI...

Bung only RSI on your charts and study how it reacts with price - see how often RSI divergence with price leads you into good reversal trades, or how rising and falling RSI can give you confidence to stay in trades (or not). To study an indicator in depth like this means that you're also studying price in depth which is what few folks do. Instead they just add all sorts of indicators with hints on how to use them from the originators but often with no clue of how the indicator works.

Take RSI again. The reason it works so well for divergence is because its calculations are based on close prices. Hence when price drops and bounces with spikes - even though the spikes may be creating lower lows, the upward momentum based on the close price is just starting to show in RSI.

Doing this work makes you "own" the methods which you've found work well for you using that indicator - that has a huge confidence building psychological impact compared to just trading what someone else has said.

Edited by soundfx