[REQ] Gap Evaluation Tool at EWEF.net - I need this badly

buypullback

for sure... it is easy one to make it in excel, all ideas are on the pics

I've been trying for the last 5 days in a row... looks easy, some of the parameters are not revealed in the pics, stop %s, target %s, gap sizes... also, somehow the guy has a number of other tabs ...

still looking for it, if anyone can share it ...

ok, perhaps you are right, but I still do think that it is not impossible to get it

Let we try: can you list all hidden (unclear) parts? Stop, limits are listed in last (at the bottom) picture, SL is 30% of 5 days ATR, Limit is 2% of yesterday range for example. Gap size depends on market, not by calculations...

ok, perhaps you are right, but I still do think that it is not impossible to get it

Let we try: can you list all hidden (unclear) parts? Stop, limits are listed in last (at the bottom) picture, SL is 30% of 5 days ATR, Limit is 2% of yesterday range for example. Gap size depends on market, not by calculations...

Musketeer, thanks for the push but unfortunate the real parameters haven't been revelead .. the SL of 30% of 5-day ATR is likely correct but I know that the 2% of yst range is not correct... trying to see if any of the EWEF can share it with me. thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

Musketeer, I've back tested literally 40-80 systems using multiple pieces of software, from Excel to Amibroker, to Tradestation, Metastock and Ninja ... you will be hard pressed to find any method that can be sustained over 10 years, this particular file contains just that, a statistically proven method that is objective and leaves 'zero' room for judgement ... in addition, this method doesn't require you to be glued to the screen all day, one can argue that trading from day charts also don't require you to be glued to the screen, however, the risks are a lot bigger .. yeah yeah ... you can say that with proper money management you can control that and what I would say back is that despite your risk management you will never achieve 'trading for a living' status, it will require an enormous amount of capital which most of us don't have, hence our visits to forums looking for freebies ..

I know I went all over the place her but you get the idea ... bottom line, this is a method that relies on principles that will never change (gap) and this guy (tradinghumble which I wish would participate on this forum) has done a tremendous job of qualifying, quantifying and giving everyone on a silver plate.. just my 2c$

Can someone explain a little more how to trade the gaps? Would be great to have an up to date spreadsheet. The last data is one year ago.

Few questions

Is it just copy and paste the data in?

Which data is used? Just the ES index.

How to trade the gaps

Edited by aextrader

Musketeer, I've back tested literally 40-80 systems using multiple pieces of software, from Excel to Amibroker, to Tradestation, Metastock and Ninja ... you will be hard pressed to find any method that can be sustained over 10 years, this particular file contains just that, a statistically proven method that is objective and leaves 'zero' room for judgement ... in addition, this method doesn't require you to be glued to the screen all day, one can argue that trading from day charts also don't require you to be glued to the screen, however, the risks are a lot bigger .. yeah yeah ... you can say that with proper money management you can control that and what I would say back is that despite your risk management you will never achieve 'trading for a living' status, it will require an enormous amount of capital which most of us don't have, hence our visits to forums looking for freebies ..

I know I went all over the place her but you get the idea ... bottom line, this is a method that relies on principles that will never change (gap) and this guy (tradinghumble which I wish would participate on this forum) has done a tremendous job of qualifying, quantifying and giving everyone on a silver plate.. just my 2c$

Buypullback (heh is it Gap trades? :) )

I encourage you to share a little more of your experience and opinion about. I himself did such analysis about FX, few times... and it works from time to time but you never know when exactly... so, it is about BE in long term

I would love to hear some more from you instead of doing research again with something that I do not trade, just help me and spare some time...

Does your check compare with the presented excel, can you point best of it, does it needs some improvements, etc...?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

or you can get from yahoo / ninjatrader 7 EOD is free ..just need to export the data

this a lot of work and respect to the original author .... SSO and SPY filled the gap very nicely yesterday.

re: putting new data into data worksheet, i "insert" new row and paste the data as values only .. it then seems to mess up the formula's on "gap trade" worksheet as they are reference the line below ie A9 and not A8.

Anyone else experiencing this and recommendations on what to do so the formulas are still correct ?