{share} Commitments of Traders 4 Metatrader‏

Finally, after a many weeks of looking any other instruments / tools to efficient trading, I understood what is the role of COT reports :))

Ufff, it needs time for a human brain to utilize it sometimes.

Thanks to Cashbackforex COT rep analysis last week I gained +140pips on EU with 1,5 day :)

This week seems also to be under bearish forces and looking for a retracement.

If it doesnt happen, the next target is 1.26 on EU.

Ā 

TrackNTrade seems to be very useful, but a thousand bucks is too much for me :/

Ā 

Thank You

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To whoever it may concern :)

CAn You Help to interprete this ?

Ā 

It comes from cashbackfx rep analysis that I got today:

EU was falling hardly asking for green pips :) Does this mean that scenario will repeat ?

The same as GU should fall ?

In this scenario for yen it should be long, yes ? but cause of my broker have only UJ, I should take short ?

Short for Swiss, but for pair UsdChf - long ?

Ā 

Sorry if I put a mess into it. but I need to understand it, cause I'm tired of sitting on m5 and grabbing 5-20 pips :/

Ā 

• Euro (EUR/USD): Large specs added to their positions and they are now 137, 746 short. The total spec short position in the euro is up to 167,583, from last week's 158,088. Spreading remains quite large, 10% of the total OI, which suggest many of the positions may be hedged in options.
  • British Pound Sterling (GBP/USD): Specs remain short the pound, but unlike the euro, the short positions are not large nor is the short ratio very high. There was a modest increase in the total spec short position by 6.4K contracts in the reporting period.
  • Japanese Yen (JPY/USD): The biggest increase in any of the futures contracts this past week was in the yen, up 26.6K. Large spec were the biggest buyers of the yen pumping the long yen ratio up to a 5.0 ratio long. Small specs do not hold the enthusiasm for the yen, and remain short the yen. This suggests the global specs may not be favoring the yen to the USD.
  • Swiss Franc (CHF/USD): Gradually both the large and the small specs are adding to their positions. The OI is building after the massive intervention designed to weaken the Swisses value last summer. Specs are now going the other way now and building a short, and currently are a 6.7 to one short.

This data is based upon COT reports of 1/10/2012 published by the US Government at 3:30pm ET on 1/13/2012. This email was sent at 3:38pm 1/13/2012.

Ā 

xxx.multiupload.com/R3L2E9F2EB

Ā 

Good trading wishes

Can someone please upload the link COT indicator for metatrader ?

Please.... The link was not working.... please upload again

Ā 

xxx. multiupload.com/R3L2E9F2EB

Ā 

Link tested OK ..

Ā 

Good trading wishes

Sir..

Thankyou...was able to download that...

But its a .bin file...how to use it with metatrader.... please guide

Thanks

Ā 

All instructions on their website..

Ā 

Look at post # 1

Ā 

:)

Ā 

Good trading wishes

This data is based upon COT reports of 1/17/2012 published by the US Government at 3:30pm ET on 1/20/2012. This email was sent at 3:43pm 1/20/2012.

Ā 

XXX.divshare.com/download/16624488-ca3

Ā 

Good trading wishes

This data is based upon COT reports of 1/24/2012 published by the US Government at 3:30pm ET on 1/27/2012. This email was sent at 4:10pm 1/27/2012.

Ā 

XXX.divshare.com/download/16662765-492

Ā 

Good trading wishes

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 24, Part I. Market Sentiment and COT report and at bottom part 2 ...

Ā 

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/chapter-24/18644-chapter-24-part-i-market-sentiment-cot-report.html

Ā 

Good trading wishes

Ā 

PS .. more information would be appreciated by all .. so contributions are welcome without too much

' personal sentiments' .. so no one can complain .." where is the beef" ... :)

Ā 

Good trading wishes

Edited by Marchello

• 2 weeks later...

The attachment sent on Friday made no sense .. thus.. did not post .. here is the reply..

Ā 

Many apologies ā€“ I attached an incorrect data file last week. The correct and latest one is attached.

Regards

Lynn

[email protected]

Ā 

This data is based upon COT reports of 2/21/2012 published by the US Government at 3:30pm ET on 2/24/2012. This email was sent at 8:08am 2/27/2012.

Ā 

XXX.divshare.com/download/16895646-6e6

Ā 

Good trading wishes

Marchello,

Ā 

May I trouble you to upload COT indicators for MT4 again @ other sites, like 2 share or 4share? ? First post link doesn't work...

Ā 

I think not many traders able to understand the COT reports nor find it useful in their trading, especially most of Forex traders are short term (intraday mostly) and COT represent rather long term outlook (weeks to months projection). I found it to be the one of best tool for trading. But, it takes great deal of studying these reports to really understand it fully. So, most of us look for a help analyzing the currency movement by using Indicators. IT save a lots of time if indicator is written correctly.

Ā 

Currently, Oil Index at extreme levels ( slightly decreased recently), Commercials hold over 75% of all long contracts and just little over 15% of all short contracts and Non-Commercials (funds) hold 10% of all long contracts and 60% of all short contracts.

Ā 

What all this means, when Oil Index at extreme levels, commercials exit net longs and funds exit net shorts. Due to Profit taking/exiting positions by both sides, along with a daily TL break up resulted in a huge EURO run just last week. (Self fulfilling prophecy, but it works.) EURO is overbought at these levels, so my opinion, if you are trading long term, it maybe wise to wait for the retracement before jump in. Again, due to self-fullfilling prophecy, S/R, Fib, TL all works well). jut my opinion.

Ā 

When you trading with COT, Index indicator is huge help to analyzing currencies. I haven't seen many MT4 brokers offering currency indexes charts, (I know SigTrader4 does offers index chart in addition to norm. currency pairs, but haven't found many brokers offer this options). But here is the MT4 index indicator that we can use on any broker and get the information (TA on index) we are looking for.

http://www.2shared.com/file/J7tRn2bJ/MoneyIndex.html?

Ā 

It's old one, so may not work on 5 digits or currencies with suffix. (example: SigTrader4 is 4 digits and it works, but sigTrader4 doesn't need this indicator since they offer index charts. But, IBFX mini doesn't display this. so it maybe because it's 5 digits and also it has suffix after symbol - not sure)

Ā 

If coder can take a quick look, I am sure it won't take long. It's very short program. If programmer here @ II can fix it, please do and re-upload for us if possible. It will be very good tool for analyzing particular currency's index even if your broker doesn't offer index charts and I am sure many of us can benefit from using correct Indicator. :)

Edited by fx4_ever

The attachment sent on Friday made no sense .. thus.. did not post .. here is the reply..

Ā 

Many apologies ā€“ I attached an incorrect data file last week. The correct and latest one is attached.

Regards

Lynn

[email protected]

Ā 

This data is based upon COT reports of 2/21/2012 published by the US Government at 3:30pm ET on 2/24/2012. This email was sent at 8:08am 2/27/2012.

Ā 

XXX.divshare.com/download/16895646-6e6

Ā 

Good trading wishes

Ā 

Hey bro, clean your inbox so you can receive my message.