Smart Trader V.07

Does anyone know if this EA works on cents accounts? I tried to use it but it gives the following error on live cents account, maybe it just works on dollar accounts, I used different lot sizes but seems to me it is not working on live cents accounts:

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: Error placing market trade: BUY 0.01000000 Lots at 130.18500000 SL/TP = 0.00000000/0.00000000

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: 2011.06.10 15:49:21 - ERROR: Failed to place order due to critical error.

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: Wrong calculation of trade volume!

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: Last error: 131

what is your input for "iLotSize"? default it is zero...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if this EA works on cents accounts? I tried to use it but it gives the following error on live cents account, maybe it just works on dollar accounts, I used different lot sizes but seems to me it is not working on live cents accounts:

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: Error placing market trade: BUY 0.01000000 Lots at 130.18500000 SL/TP = 0.00000000/0.00000000

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: 2011.06.10 15:49:21 - ERROR: Failed to place order due to critical error.

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: Wrong calculation of trade volume!

2011.06.10 23:49:25 Smart Trader-edu GBPJPY,M15: Last error: 131

Im trading a live Centaccount of Masterforex and it opened one Position last week. I have a demo running and a live account with same settings. So i can tell if there is a difference between live and demo. I can tell by the end of next week.

same as default, zero...I have it also running on demo account and friday it opened 8 trades all positive...it seems like it is not working on live accounts....don't know...

are you mean that you have opened trades with iLotSize of 0? It is weird... I get same error as you, but when change the iLotSize to something different from 0, it is ok....

these are floating P/L, which are closed when the tester finish... no matter of Profit or Loss - it is closed by the tested period...

Thanks, Musketeer.

So, the floating loss can be scary at times. Unlike Cable Run, Smart Trader will not take a loss by trade averaging except for SL? Still would like to see the trades on chart in back test to understand the strategy behind the EA. Probably can only be done in forward testing.

Edit: I can see trades on chart using the Visual Mode.

Edited by swordfish

Don't you guys think its wrong to steel someone else's work? What happens if the programmer catches you?

Hi everybody,

im using the demo of that EA for several Month now and must say it is pretty good. It is a non-martigale Grid EA which prettxy percisely waits for a strong trend and than tries to plays the contertrend orders onlyin the upper part of the trendmovement.

So when the reversal comes in very most casesit closes that positions.

At each position it places an TP and a SL and works with magic nombers ads well.

My settings are :

Max Orders: 5

SL:0

TP 10

konservativ

Lot: 0.01 (at a mini Account with 100$

Instrument: USDCAD, CADJPY

Could anyone maybe crack the demo, so it is open for live trading?

Here you can find the demo version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?054lmyxll48n82e

The Blog of the company gives more detailed information.

http://windsorparkfx.com/blog/

flexie - Today 09:19 PM View Conversation Edit Report

hello iCan (thread moderator)

I am the programmer who worked on the Smart Trader project that is currently being decompiled and distributed on your forum. I was advised of this and have since contacted the Copyright owner at WindsorParkFx.com. I request that the distribution of the code be blacklisted immediately as WindsorPark provides an unlimited demo version for traders to learn with. The decompilation and distribution of the mq4 therefore can only be seen as a deliberate attempt to circumvent licensing fees due to the owner.

While I did not invent the original algorithm for the program, I am willing to answer any questions I can on the program and it's usage.

Thank you for your time.

Mark Flexhaug

British Columbia, Canada

pipaholic at shaw.ca

flexie - Today 09:19 PM View Conversation Edit Report

hello iCan (thread moderator)

I am the programmer who worked on the Smart Trader project that is currently being decompiled and distributed on your forum. I was advised of this and have since contacted the Copyright owner at WindsorParkFx.com. I request that the distribution of the code be blacklisted immediately as WindsorPark provides an unlimited demo version for traders to learn with. The decompilation and distribution of the mq4 therefore can only be seen as a deliberate attempt to circumvent licensing fees due to the owner.

While I did not invent the original algorithm for the program, I am willing to answer any questions I can on the program and it's usage.

Thank you for your time.

Mark Flexhaug

British Columbia, Canada

pipaholic at shaw.ca

Hello, thanks for introducing yourself...my comment is that Smart Trader maybe a good EA but price wise you guys are asking a lot and if you guys could reduce the price people would be willing to purchase it....also, does this EA work on cents accounts? what are the limitations of this EA?

howdy Falcon, let me reiterate that I am not affiliated with WindsorParkFx other than I was contracted to work on the project. As such, you will have to discuss their pricing model with them. I do agree it is pricey and have been told it is because they have years of forward testing results and have identified how to use it to generate consistent profits. It is a grid based program with the inherent risks of that trading style. Their subscription is supposed to help reduce that risk.

The user must enter the lot sizing, stop loss, take profits and there are no limitations on those variables. There are no time or operational limitations to run and test the program on a demo account. Using it live requires a subscription. It's been a while since I've been to the website but it used to provide basic pairs and scenarios for trading, while the real goodies are obviously for paying members.

hope this helps

Mark

howdy Falcon, let me reiterate that I am not affiliated with WindsorParkFx other than I was contracted to work on the project. As such, you will have to discuss their pricing model with them. I do agree it is pricey and have been told it is because they have years of forward testing results and have identified how to use it to generate consistent profits. It is a grid based program with the inherent risks of that trading style. Their subscription is supposed to help reduce that risk.

The user must enter the lot sizing, stop loss, take profits and there are no limitations on those variables. There are no time or operational limitations to run and test the program on a demo account. Using it live requires a subscription. It's been a while since I've been to the website but it used to provide basic pairs and scenarios for trading, while the real goodies are obviously for paying members.

hope this helps

Mark

Thanks Mark for useful information....:)

Hello,

Im trading a live Centaccount of Masterforex and it opened one Position last week. I have a demo running and a live account with same settings. So i can tell if there is a difference between live and demo. I can tell by the end of next week.

MyCentaccount in Demo behaved the same as in live (also Cent account). So i must say the educated Version by Capella seems to work fine.

But i have another Question, probably addressed to flexie, since he programmed it:

Once in a while the programm does open a postion but does not set a TP. Capella toled us before that the TP was generated dynamical. But once in a while it leaves the TP to 0, which of course is very bad. If you rely on the EA and do not check for a day the open position might fall deeply into minus if it does not close while in provit.

Is there anythink one can do to avoid the problem or m i the only one facing the problem?

Edited by prophetvs

Hello flexie,

thanks for your advice, but on theire homepage they are still offering the V.06 as free demo, not even V.07. Now you mention V.08, maybe they give that to paying members only.

But you should really solve the TP Problem with V.08, since its a great EA. Sooner or later they will publish it as demo for free.

Edited by prophetvs

• 5 weeks later...
Maybe one of you programmers could educate this great EA.

Here ya go, Prophetvs --

http://www.multiupload.com/98JRX8OGPA 

I also included an educated $Profit Manager.mq4

You don't need MTFTP.DLL with these and because you included "SmartTrader 1.1.tpl" in your upload, there's no need to run "SmartTraderSetup v1.1.exe" either.

Bon appetit!

Edited by BobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here ya go, Prophetvs --

http://www.multiupload.com/98JRX8OGPA 

I also included an educated $Profit Manager.mq4

You don't need MTFTP.DLL with these and because you included "SmartTrader 1.1.tpl" in your upload, there's no need to run "SmartTraderSetup v1.1.exe" either.

Bon appetit!

hello,

point one like smartrader and proftmanager is installed????

I have opened for every currency-pair of two charts---one for smarttrader and one for profitmanager.

well works

thank you

Edited by ernstroberto