MM Spreadsheet $100 to $160,000

Hi all,

There is a Forex Money Management spreadsheet I remember seeing in the past that showed clearly how easy it is to turn $100 to $160,000 in a year with compounding but I can't find that spreadsheet online anywhere. Maybe I saw it through googledocs after doing a search but it's nowhere to be found now. If anyone has this spreadsheet could you please share it here or send me a PM. Thanks.

There are a few similar spreadsheets kicking around. The problem is that they all assume 100% consistency. If you dabble with these spreadsheets and add in losing trades, the compounding effect is reduced significantly particularly with runs of losses.

Here's one which comes up with some crazy numbers which may be similar to what you're looking for:

http://www.4shared.com/get/DSWk3INL/tradingprojections_2.html

Thank you very much for those spreadsheets. They are nice but the one I was referring to had editable fields with not only the starting amount but also the type of account (micro, mini, standard, etc), broker leverage, margin required, risk percentage, stop loss, etc, and it suggested an incremental number of lots traded as the account grew. It also included a percentage withdrawn as the account grew so you can know how much you can pay yourself if you so desired. It was very comprehensive and gave a clear view for a new forex trader to see how this can be practically done even starting with a micro account or even with $100.

Soundfx, I know that the tradingprojections spreadsheet shows the APPROX. TRADE AMOUNT of 38.20 and that can be converted to lots traded but it would have been nice to have all of that built in as I mentioned above. Thanks for the files you sent as they are very helpful.

Edited by global