Sam S3iden

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not able to understand this website. How do you download from it?

ok this site is giving notes forTHE OTA XLT course & it is very useful for reading

example i found this sentence there"

•240 chart - 2 candles - Rule of thumb for time at level - go down to smaller time frame, like 60 minute chart, find base. 3-6 candles is probably the best on any time frame. The key is how did price leave the level? There must be a fast leave of the level, or I won't look at the level

it is informative notes deserve reading

Thanks for the link Saamy. It's a completely bizarre layout but there's some good stuff on there. The following link is a Microsoft Word Document with all the slides in it - just in case the blog disappears...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oqyqamuf5ex6t75/Sam%20Seiden%20Supply%20and%20Demand%20Slideshow.doc 

THANKS

FXstreet.com Live Sessions Archives- Supply and Demand Trading with Mechanical Indicators and Oscillators in the Forex Markets

http://www.mediafire.com/?5gdia6vn9vgsgcg

GU Buy

http://i53.tinypic.com/289edd.jpg

Initial period... I ignore that green box when i enter the trade ....

But for the 2nd time, it does not break that green box level.. So dun want to fight it in asian.. wahhaha

+15pips for GU....

5 more pips to my daily target of 20pips..

Smile

Chankl78

(*) Angry.... It went up more... It also clear away that little green box....

Edited by chankl78

GU Buy

Initial period... I ignore that green box when i enter the trade ....

But for the 2nd time, it does not break that green box level.. So dun want to fight it in asian.. wahhaha

+15pips for GU....

5 more pips to my daily target of 20pips..

Smile

Chankl78

(*) Angry.... It went up more... It also clear away that little green box....

From your trades I see you don't care about trend either on current or higher TF. Is that right? Also Sam recommends to have the area in front of the trade clear of obstacles up to the TP which should give at least a 1:3 risk/reward. According to this last statement I see u have bent his strategy to your own taste... But as long as you get pips, way to go! ;)

Nope.. I do not really care about trend....

My timeframe is already at H1... so to go higher...... It will be days before i enter a single trade....

Also, I think Sam refers to higher timeframe because they are using either M5 or M15...

I only look at H1 for all those important spots.. then I will go to M15, wait for that reversal to appear in that box.. & I entered...

GU did went up 100pips....

Smile

Chankl78

I think it's important to make the point that it's up to the individual what their own trading plan rules are. The core methodology of looking for supply/demand imbalance areas using the Odds Enhancers is a sound and sensible one but how each person trades them is a matter for how they most comfortably operate.

Some conservative swing traders will only trade with 3:1 or more of clear profit margin in line with the larger 'trend' and will then set & forget on limit orders. For shorter term trades though I've seen Sam take 1:1 RR trades with confirmation entries rather than limit orders (A confirmation entry is when price moves into a level and then a buy or sell stop is set ready to catch the price as it hopefully moves back in the desired direction).

Some people will constantly play with their profit targets and trail stops or move to break even, others will just enter the trade, set the stop & profit targets and then either let it win or lose. Across all the dozens of recordings and newsletter posts Sam has touched on them all as being appropriate depending on the trading plan. I guess the point is you choose your plan and then you trade it faithfully and see how it fits after a sizeable lump of trades (30 at least). Record all the trades, review them for how well the plan was traded and then analyse the results. Make conclusions and remedy where appropriate and start again.

I've heard Sam say he is the most boring trader in the World. He just does the same thing again and again. He's learned how he likes to trade and he just does it. Some trades are profitable and some are not - but he wins in the long run..... It all sounds so easy when you just say it like that.

Nope.. I do not really care about trend....

My timeframe is already at H1... so to go higher...... It will be days before i enter a single trade....

Also, I think Sam refers to higher timeframe because they are using either M5 or M15...

I only look at H1 for all those important spots.. then I will go to M15, wait for that reversal to appear in that box.. & I entered...

GU did went up 100pips....

Smile

Chankl78

Thanks Chank for sharing your approach. You've got your plan and you stick to it... Good for you !

As it happens Sam has an FXStreet.com webinar TODAY at 15:00 GMT - maybe I'll see some of you there....

Forex Market Traps

Summary:

During this session, we will discuss important “traps” in Forex trading. These are traps you want to learn about for two reasons. First, you don’t want to fall for these market traps because you will lose. Second, by understanding these and being able to identify them in the market, you can learn to profit from them. on 'Forex Market Traps'

http://www.fxstreet.com/webinars/sessions/session.aspx?id=ca10dc81-e634-4923-89b5-02453cb00a9a

As it happens Sam has an FXStreet.com webinar TODAY at 15:00 GMT - maybe I'll see some of you there....

Forex Market Traps

Summary:

During this session, we will discuss important “traps” in Forex trading. These are traps you want to learn about for two reasons. First, you don’t want to fall for these market traps because you will lose. Second, by understanding these and being able to identify them in the market, you can learn to profit from them. on 'Forex Market Traps'

http://www.fxstreet.com/webinars/sessions/session.aspx?id=ca10dc81-e634-4923-89b5-02453cb00a9a

Waahah.. I never know there is a webinar today.. Most likely not able to attend... Cos sleeping soon.

Thanks!!

Smile

Chankl78

http://i54.tinypic.com/20629ft.jpg

EU Pending Order Sell....

I set a pending order near the high of the box......

It hit & I got an SL.... Thus.. Yesterdays 23pips profit become 3pips...

Should stick to my own rules... Wahaha

When sleeping.. no trade.. wahahhaha

Smile

Chankl78