Forex growth bot

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Stovedude for the explanation. Is the EA that you have built available on the forums, or is that not open to the public. Im not a programmer buddy. I trade manually using fibs quite well and when i started testing the FGB indi the signals were excellent. Thats why i have posted my query. Thanks for your efforts by the way

It is available on the forums. Both indicators do repaint (arrows disappear), but both FGB and my EA will catch the ones that do not disappear. However, I think these arrows are not always the best ones. The problem with an EA is that the indicator call is the same as refreshing the indicator. Using a closed candle just makes it worse. The way around this is to modify the indicator to set a global variable when an arrow appears. That way, the EA can check this variable on each tick and then make the trade and reset the variable. Here is the indicator to check out, along with an EA friendly version (1.1). I would prefer to use a non-dll indicator.

http://www.4shared.com/file/eligbzUh/ELabunskyVolaPresser.html

I have attached the Indicator which works ok, but the (1.1) version is also an indi not an actual EA that triggers trades. Have i missed something here buddy. Sorry Stovedude

Yes, both were indicators. Here is the EA. Let's see if we can optimize to find the best settings long-term. I think only the indy settings are needed.

http://www.4shared.com/file/N8lhayE3/GonzoEA20.html

sorry for the ****** question,, could someone explain what does setting an indicator to a global variable mean? and in this case, will it mean that the EA will have a different backtest results if that is done?

thanks

Setting a global variable should improve BT if repainting is an issue. However, one would need to do a visual BT with the indicator attached, because we would no longer be calling the indy from the EA. Instead, we would be checking the global variable.

Yes, Dacky, it does use the 1.1 indy.

Guest Jayman007
thank you stovedude for the explanaition... I wish you guys good luck in this, although I did not quite understand what the term "global variable" means

With your terminal open hit F3. Those are the global variables. They last through a mt4 restart and are accessable by every EA and chart on the terminal.

Guest Jayman007
The reg system was changed in versions after 1.2. Only 1.2 and prior have trial mode. I have tried this reset method on 4 diff machines using the trial-reset and I always just delete all the ASP keys it finds and voila.

The reg system was changed in versions after 1.2. Only 1.2 and prior have trial mode. I have tried this reset method on 4 diff machines using the trial-reset and I always just delete all the ASP keys it finds and voila.

you mean delete all the key found by Trial Reset ???

I bought the registered version and have been running an IBFX demo since 4/15.

Settings are right OOTB, nice equity curve and PF of 4.13. Very pleased so far.

The only demo EAs that have survived are FAPUltra2.0 (registered version; it has done very well for a long time), Wall Street Robot (Oanda) and GB (IBFX).

Edited by conglo

Guest Jayman007
you mean delete all the key found by Trial Reset ???

You have trial reset search for all ASProtect keys. Don't bother have it looking for other types of keys. Then delete all the ASProtect keys it finds and you are golden for another 9 days.

The diff between the power and basic version is more settings being avail for the user to tweek. Look at the manual and you will see all the settings and which versions have access to them. The trade logic is the same. Honestly, the basic with defaults is all you need.

You have trial reset search for all ASProtect keys. Don't bother have it looking for other types of keys. Then delete all the ASProtect keys it finds and you are golden for another 9 days.

The diff between the power and basic version is more settings being avail for the user to tweek. Look at the manual and you will see all the settings and which versions have access to them. The trade logic is the same. Honestly, the basic with defaults is all you need.

Thanks for this information.

• 4 weeks later...

Usually I'm not a big fan of EAs. But this Growthbot seems to be one of the very best EAs. A friend of mine has done very well with it in 2 different LIVE accounts!

However, if you intend to trade live with it, in this case I would recommend buying the EA. The reason is that earlier versions sometimes "lost control" and failed to close trades. As you can imagine this could be disasterous. In fact, I was testing the educated one available here on Indo this last week on a $50,000 demo account. Amazingly the EA was up $8000 on one trade but it "lost control" and didn't close the trade. I ended up closing it manually with a $1200 profit.

The newest version completely corrects this known problem, so again if you intend to trade live, it may be worthwhile to purchase it directly from the author.

Would love to get feedback from other users of this EA as I am strongly considering buying it and going live with it on a good size account. Thanks.