Req:The excalibur method

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is not an EA. What worries me is that there are no statements, no live trades of him or his students on the website. Just some testimonials from people with one-letter initials... I was thinking of writing him an e-mail and challenging him to prove the validity of the method but haven't got round to it. It'd probably be ignored anyway. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Yes, it is not an EA. What worries me is that there are no statements, no live trades of him or his students on the website. Just some testimonials from people with one-letter initials... I was thinking of writing him an e-mail and challenging him to prove the validity of the method but haven't got round to it. It'd probably be ignored anyway. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

You can freely email him. I have talked to him at length. He says he's studied Gann most of his adult life. He tells me he doesn't understand everything Gann (who does), but there are some nuggets of very important methods that he has discovered which definitely helps in trading. He really won't tell you much more than that. You can also offer him less than what he asks for the course, and if he feels ok with it. He'll take your offer.

MarketCycle-360.com

Dear all,

We are currently in the process of setting up a group of people for a group buy in another forum so that we can share the cost. Unfortunately, we don't have enough people yet. All who are interested can PM me. I don't want to write the name of the other forum here as I'm still new to this forum and I'm not sure if it could be interpreted as a violation of forum rules... Thanks.

Sam

thank you,

I have to admit I'm very skeptical about this method,

first of all if this is purely geometrical method:

"Excalibur is an easy-to-apply geometrical tool that doesn’t require any mathematical calculations or even a computer. Any printed chart can be used or you can use a computer screen. It’s your choice."

then how you mix it with momentum, you can have filling about momentum or you can calculate momentum,

if you calculate...

I don't believe in purely geometrical methods, like many another they are hit and miss, mostly miss :(

• 3 weeks later...

Delta Theory, what course or book, exactly you (crodzilla) are referring to? Is it Wilder's or Steve Copan matrix. I think, both is available somewhere, so do u mean to say that, one should not go for Excaliber method?

Give your views, precisely. Thanks

Delta Theory, what course or book, exactly you (crodzilla) are referring to? Is it Wilder's or Steve Copan matrix. I think, both is available somewhere, so do u mean to say that, one should not go for Excaliber method?

Give your views, precisely. Thanks

I have the old Delta Book from Wilder. There are orange time lines, green time lines, red time lines, etc. Each colored line is basically a cycle, which can be repeated into the future... supposedly indefinitely. Each commodity, stock sector, or gold has its own set of colored time reversals. I did not find it as accurate as was described by the author.

In my discussions with Mr. Harrison, the Excalibur has to do with identifying when momentum should shift based on previous price points/pivots. I have tried to reverse engineer his charts, to no avail. The method seems very accurate. But, we can't really know until we know how his "visual" trend lines are constructed.

MarketCycle-360.com

crodzilla,

you should read the Wilder book again. The vertical lines (red, blue, green, orange) are the dates of the full moon and definitely not the cycles you mentioned.

Wilder uses three different types of cycles.

The number of turning points for the indices are:

1) Intermediate Term: 12 turning points plus inversions within 4 moon monthes

2) Medium Term: 12 turning points plus inversions within one year

3) Long Term: 18 turning points within 4 years, no or double inversion

Sixer

I think I know what it is.

Is there a chart I can try the "reverse engineering" ?

You can find the charts here----->

hxxp://www.money-tigers.c0m/excalibur-how-i-made-two-of-wd-ganns-secrets-both-practical-and-easy-to-apply-to-todays-markets/excalibur-details/

hxxp://www.money-tigers.c0m/qa/

don't forget to share your findings.

Thanks.

Edited by chandu

You can find the charts here----->

don't forget to share your findings.

Thanks.

Those charts are not very good, it looks fine when I am just eyeballing it.

How clever of him to try to disguise it using line on close charts.

It should be drawn on barcharts where highs and lows are shown.

I have read hundreds of books on trading. I saw this technique mentioned only in one book.

The author's name is J.R. Stevenson.

It is on the net somewhere.

Finding slowing of momentum is one thing, making a profitable trade is much more than that.

A strong trending move will often slow down to make continuation patterns such as flags, pennant, ABC..etc. before it resume its previous trend momentum.

Edited by oac2104

I have the old Delta Book from Wilder. There are orange time lines, green time lines, red time lines, etc. Each colored line is basically a cycle, which can be repeated into the future... supposedly indefinitely. Each commodity, stock sector, or gold has its own set of colored time reversals. I did not find it as accurate as was described by the author.

In my discussions with Mr. Harrison, the Excalibur has to do with identifying when momentum should shift based on previous price points/pivots. I have tried to reverse engineer his charts, to no avail. The method seems very accurate. But, we can't really know until we know how his "visual" trend lines are constructed.

I don't need to read it again. I wrote a spreadsheet to figure out the supposed dates in perpetuity. They matched up to Wilders future dates perfectly. I don't care if they are moon cycles or what. They were fixed time cycles, which were not very accurate, in the end.

MarketCycle-360.com